Puppy peeing on my things! :'(

3 posters

Go down

Puppy peeing on my things! :'( Empty Puppy peeing on my things! :'(

Post by xQuartzOnyxx Thu May 24 2012, 18:17

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if you could all help me (again! Tongues) We have had Quartz for nearly 2 weeks now, and he is lovely but having a few difficulties with him.

Firstly, over the past few days he has been peeing on my things...never my partners things, but mine. He has peed on my clothes, in my work bag, on my work...he also pulled my coat off the chair to pee on it...and then did his dirt on it as well! Sad Apart from this, the house training is going ok, he knows to go outside and have had few accidents. I am just wondering whether this was dominant behaviour over me, and how can I stop it? I spend as much time with him as my partner, and he responds to my training commands...I am confused and a little upset at this.

I put my make up on sitting on my bed in the mornings. He tries to jump on the bed (he isn't allowed) and when I give him a firm 'no' he growls and tried to snap at my face. This is persistent until I move. He jumps up a lot at me and when I scold him for it, or ignore him, he decides to do something to get my attention like bite my legs, or chew on some furniture.

None of this happens to my partner (who is male btw...don't know if that could be relevant!) even though I praise and scold in the same way.

Anything that you can suggest? I have heard that you should ignore the puppy if he behaves badly, but I feel like I am constantly turning my back on him and walking away (which seems to get him agitated!) Any help would be appreciated. He is almost 9 weeks by the way Smile

x
xQuartzOnyxx
xQuartzOnyxx
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Quartz
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Puppy peeing on my things! :'( Empty Re: Puppy peeing on my things! :'(

Post by Steve Thu May 24 2012, 18:19

that what they do at that age Sad but when he getting walks twice/three times a day he wont do it so much,

what you do is when hes had all his jabs when he eats or drinks anything place him out to do his toilet and dont bring him in till hes done something.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu May 24 2012, 18:23

xQuartzOnyxx wrote:I put my make up on sitting on my bed in the mornings. He tries to jump on the bed (he isn't allowed) and when I give him a firm 'no' he growls and tried to snap at my face. This is persistent until I move. He jumps up a lot at me and when I scold him for it, or ignore him, he decides to do something to get my attention like bite my legs, or chew on some furniture.

this is normal puppy behavior you just got to be consistent with him you cant train a dog over night it going take 3/4 months of hard work.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24 2012, 21:41

I agree with Steve, it's normal puppy behaviour. Sometimes a pup will decide to 'take the mickey' out of one member of the family for seemingly no reason at all.

As long as you are consistant and both you & your oh are doing the same things then it will get better.

If he carried on nipping/jumping up when you've said "no" and turned away, then just pick him up & put him out of the room for a couple of minutes. That gives you some space & time to calm down, and makes him realise that he can't get what he wants by biting you!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Thu May 24 2012, 21:47

As above, it's just the puppy stage but I know it can be disheartening for you but stick with it, he's very young and he will respect you in time

Maybe when he's naughty, put him out of the room and don't bring him in until he is calm.

Also if you tell him off, don't let your partner follow through the punishment, if you get what I mean
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24 2012, 22:07

Same as above and normal puppy behaviour that we all experience. Consistency does pay off though

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down