Scared of the garden :S

4 posters

Go down

Scared of the garden :S Empty Scared of the garden :S

Post by Loz&Dan Fri May 04 2012, 09:21

My dog faith who is around 1 now, she used to go to the toilet in the garden quite happily, she'd even sit by the back door and be out in a shot when you opened it.

but now she keeps leaving puddles in the kitchen and whenever you let her outside she won't go, she runs and hids somewhere i go out with her but she shakes and tries to run back inside? it's like she's terrified of something in the garden.

Anyone else familaur with this?
Thank you Smile
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Scared of the garden :S Empty Re: Scared of the garden :S

Post by CMR Fri May 04 2012, 09:36

she might have had a bad experience without you knowing. don't just ask her to go there, play some games with her and even feed her outdoors for a little bit. she will soon come around.

my girl comes with me on the golf course and I usually tie the leash on a push trolley and ages ago she tried to say hi to a mate and pushed the trolley over so the sound of rattling clubs in the bag would reduce her to a shivering wreck. a couple of packs of ham fed while shaking the bag and she is fine now
CMR
CMR
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by skewbald Fri May 04 2012, 09:46

CMR wrote:she might have had a bad experience without you knowing. don't just ask her to go there, play some games with her and even feed her outdoors for a little bit. she will soon come around.

my girl comes with me on the golf course and I usually tie the leash on a push trolley and ages ago she tried to say hi to a mate and pushed the trolley over so the sound of rattling clubs in the bag would reduce her to a shivering wreck. a couple of packs of ham fed while shaking the bag and she is fine now
Thats a 1st for me never heard of anyone taken there dog golfing! Is she your caddy doeses she tell u what club 2 use biggrin Nice work killing 2 birds with the 1 stone thats what i call smart good job
skewbald
skewbald

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : MURPHY
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04 2012, 10:08

CMR wrote:she might have had a bad experience without you knowing. don't just ask her to go there, play some games with her and even feed her outdoors for a little bit. she will soon come around.

Good advice. Make it fun for her - lots of games, food, treats. It might take a little while but she'll come round.

Back to top Go down

Post by CMR Fri May 04 2012, 10:10

skewbald wrote:

Thats a 1st for me never heard of anyone taken there dog golfing! Is she your caddy doeses she tell u what club 2 use biggrin Nice work killing 2 birds with the 1 stone thats what i call smart good job

if only she could speak, she'd tell me just how crap she thinks I am or she'd ask why do we have to walk through the rough as much. Smile

dogs were never allowed but when it came to rejoin I put it in writting to the manager as a condition and she is now part of the furniture. whenever I play at other clubs I always ask as like you said it gets two birds at once
CMR
CMR

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri May 04 2012, 14:08

It could be that something has given her a fright whilst she has been out there unknown to you. Just keep tempting her out and lots of praise when she does go outside.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Fri May 04 2012, 22:07

Awww ok thank you Smile she was better tonight i took her outside with some chicken and she went to the toilet and gave her the chicken and lots of praise i just want to know what scared her so much. poor girly.
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04 2012, 22:22

Is it anything to do with the rain, Billy will hold it in for hours until it stops raining

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down