could anyone help me with a jelous little madam?

2 posters

Go down

could anyone help me with a jelous little madam? Empty could anyone help me with a jelous little madam?

Post by lmjc90 Thu Apr 26 2012, 21:05

Scarletts turned in to a 16 year old! shes ignoring my commands, wont do as she is told and is starting to snap at my little boy when he sits or comes and cuddles me =/ i damn near had a heart attack the other day, she ran out the front door (she bolted as i want to close my door!) and no matter how much i shouted her name she didnt listen but as soon as my OH walked down the street she ran back inside! i am keeping up with everything ive been teaching her and she`s been taught as i know its best she doesnt get the better of me! but im not sure if im doing it right and as for the jelousy situation how do i stop her snapping? =/
lmjc90
lmjc90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Scarlett
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 20

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001801581232  More and

Back to top Go down

could anyone help me with a jelous little madam? Empty Re: could anyone help me with a jelous little madam?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:09

Right back to basics! Start right from the beginning again & don't let anything go!

If she snaps due to jealousy then do exactly what you would have done if she snapped as a teeny tiny pup - tell her "no" turn away & ignore her. If she snaps at your son, tell her "no" and remove her from the room for a while.

She's just pushing the boundaries - finding her strength & seeing if she can use it to get what she wants, rather than what you want. Don't worry - with training & consistency she'll be good!

Back to top Go down

could anyone help me with a jelous little madam? Empty Re: could anyone help me with a jelous little madam?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:13

my advice is ...........listen to Caryll Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:21

Mine too Dave.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:23

Ty Caryll Smile that's what I'm doing Smile didn't know if I was doing it right! She's even started weeing in the house again! And I'm scared the stress of movings gunna make her worse :/
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:25

Have also been informed she's bitten my partner because he won't let her upstairs to be with me, also her clingyness to me is getting unreal! She gets left by herself for at least half an hour to an hour a day :/
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:34

lmjc90 wrote:Ty Caryll Smile that's what I'm doing Smile didn't know if I was doing it right! She's even started weeing in the house again! And I'm scared the stress of movings gunna make her worse :/

Are you actually preparing to move? I mean, packing etc? If you are, then there's your answer - she's anxious, she doesn't understand what's going on & she isn't old enough & confident enough to ride it out. Just go back to basics & hoprfully after the move she'll settle down again.

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:36

Yeah Caryll we started packing and stuff but she's been like this for two weeks we only started packing 2 days ago
And found out we were moving last Monday so maybe she's picking up stress from me? I have been this week due to the Move?
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:39

Dogs pick up on stress very easily & they don't understand it. It really upsets them.

You can't take the stress away, moving home is one of life's most stressful times, all you can do is weather the storm. Just be patient, consistent & reinforce the rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Thu Apr 26 2012, 22:46

Thanks Caryll appreciate the advice Smile she's comming to the new flat tomorrow do hopefully getting to know her new surrounds
Might help her a bit Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27 2012, 01:27

Agree with Caryll and it sounds like a combination of the teenage years and stress of moving.

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Fri Apr 27 2012, 17:46

well took her to the flat and she loved it! the garden she spent running around like a maniac and she quite tired! im hoping this helps ease the stress now Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27 2012, 18:10

Try taking a little less to do with her if she is getting overly clingy. Have your oh feed her and walk her for a while then sort out a routine where maybe you walk in the morning n him in the evening so shes not doing everything with one person so can't cling on to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Fri Apr 27 2012, 22:37

Hayley my OH feeds her and takes her walks
Mid afternoon but she still clings :/
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down