Buddylove
gingernut42
dave g
Kathy
Steve
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Beginning of the end of the staffie? - Page 2 Empty Beginning of the end of the staffie?

Post by Steve Thu Apr 12 2012, 09:34

First topic message reminder :

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/politics/act-now-over-devil-dogs-families-tell-cameron-7636852.html

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Beginning of the end of the staffie? - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginning of the end of the staffie?

Post by Steve Wed Jun 20 2012, 16:17

there is getting tougher on owners toy bring out a law like if your dog bite someone you going to prison... it's the only way of sorting dog attack and bad owner out

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Beginning of the end of the staffie? - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginning of the end of the staffie?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 16:58

But you would have to be careful on where it was. if my dog was defending me being attacked, i don't want to go t jail! If she was protecting our home from a robber, again i don't want to go to jail! Lexi wouldn't do any of this anyway but some dogs will!

The law would have to stipulate that the owner must actively have been training the dog to be agressive, and unless there is hard evidence there will never be any convictions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 17:01

A law on biting is way too open for misinterpretation and there would have to be hard evidence and maybe temperament test to back up any conviction otherwise the wrong man goes down. Ihave no doubt at all that Tilly would never defend me as she is just not that way , but if she did or was protecting her home and owners then it has to be legal as Hayley says

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 17:03

I know that Dempsey would bite to protect his family & home. I just hope it's never put to the test.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 17:04

Also it would stop police being able to use police dogs as they have to follow the law too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 17:13

Equi wrote:Also it would stop police being able to use police dogs as they have to follow the law too.

Police follow the law ?? thinking thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 17:18

davemck3834 wrote:
Equi wrote:Also it would stop police being able to use police dogs as they have to follow the law too.

Police follow the law ?? thinking thinking

Laughing

Good point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jun 20 2012, 18:14

bring silly things out is papering over the cracks silly and in our soceity people just don't care so getting tougher on owner is the only option.... chav wouldn't get a dog if they knew they could get 10 year if he/she bite something...

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 18:45

Yes they would, and they would just deny it is their dog and let it get pts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jun 20 2012, 19:18

if they knew they could get 10 year for biting they wouldn't get on in the first place... this is the only way of getting dog under control.

mirco chipping will fail
dog licenses fail before and will fail again if it every be brought back
breeder licenses will fail

tougher on ownership is the only way of fixing the dog problem today.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 01:35

Dude they already own pitbulls knowing they will own stafs jail dont mean * to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 01:35

jail is a notch on thier bed post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jun 21 2012, 07:51

yea a couple years i would agree but 10 years!!! they would rethink about having a dog.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jun 21 2012, 08:51

Equi wrote:Dude they already own pitbulls knowing they will own stafs jail dont mean * to them.

a fine for owning a pitbull is not tough enough..... maybe 4/5 years like you would get for owning a gun? getting tougher on owners owning bully breed is the only way.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Thu Jun 21 2012, 09:14

5/10 years inside would not prevent lowlife scum from using a dog as a weapon. It doesn't stop people owning and using guns. There are many more people killed by guns in this country than are killed by dogs. If prison was such a deterrent then how do you explain that?

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jun 21 2012, 09:26

how many people do you know who own a gun & how many people do you know owning a type? i know alot more people who own a pitbull type than i know who own a gun!

I know many people who could do 2/3 years inside without a losing any sleep but 10 years, no chance!

You could bring out stupid things to paper over the cracks that wont work at the end when all this papering over the cracks doesn't work they will ban the breed altogether.

You take out 3/4 of the bad owners with tougher punishment watch the dog attack and bad ownership fall year by year.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23 2012, 17:52

FWIW I have letters from both the Tories and Lib Dems prior to the last election assuring me they intended to introduce new legislation but they did not believe in targeting individual breeds and felt the existing laws needed to be revised. I asked them specifically about staffies.

I wonder if they'll skate around that by going for any "type" e.g bull breed or simply lie through their teeth with broken promises like everything else. After all the Lib Dems were pushing for a referendum on the EU before the last election...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2