Inverted Nipples

4 posters

Go down

Inverted Nipples Empty Inverted Nipples

Post by georgiegem Mon Apr 09 2012, 18:29

Hi Everyone,
Its been a while since I posted, so here it goes...
...When we got Heston I noticed that his two highest nipples are inverted. Every so often when he has been asleep on his back I have manipulated and cleaned them gently, as they tend to collect dirt. We have just come home from a weekend in Cornwall, where he has had several walks on the beach, and I have noticed that the surrounding area of one of his nipples seems a little swollen and tender. I keep trying to give it a clean but he just wakes up suddenly and scuttles away, so it must be uncomfortable for him Sad
I have attempted some research online, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on this matter. I was just wondering if there was anyone else on the forum with experience in this and if there is a better way of treating them?
georgiegem
georgiegem
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Heston
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Inverted Nipples Empty Re: Inverted Nipples

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 09 2012, 19:26

This isn't something I have come across before with Rocky. I would try getting someone to hold him then give them a clean with a cotton bud.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09 2012, 19:30

Sorry I haven't had any experience of that but you could maybe try bathing with some salted water then putting some sudocreme on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09 2012, 23:08

I've heard of this with humans, but not with dogs! Have you asked your vet what would be the best way to deal with them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10 2012, 00:07

That's a new one for me to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffyblue Tue Apr 10 2012, 12:53

Ted has 4 inverted nipples. 2 of them became sore and swollen a while ago and he would itch them untill they bled! The vet gave us a cream which cleared up the swelling and soreness and now I bathe them in salt water every now and then to clear the collected dirt. I bet it'll be some sand stuck there. If they are really angry looking book him in with the vet as it could be an infection. We were told that inverted nipples were fairly common and not an issue. Glad i've found another doggy with them and Ted's not weird Laughing
Staffyblue
Staffyblue
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ted
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by BullyLover Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:08

georgiegem wrote:Hi Everyone,
Its been a while since I posted, so here it goes...
...When we got Heston I noticed that his two highest nipples are inverted. Every so often when he has been asleep on his back I have manipulated and cleaned them gently, as they tend to collect dirt. We have just come home from a weekend in Cornwall, where he has had several walks on the beach, and I have noticed that the surrounding area of one of his nipples seems a little swollen and tender. I keep trying to give it a clean but he just wakes up suddenly and scuttles away, so it must be uncomfortable for him Sad
I have attempted some research online, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on this matter. I was just wondering if there was anyone else on the forum with experience in this and if there is a better way of treating them?

I HAVE THE SAME IDENTICAL PROBLEM!! worried Have you discovered any helpful remedies? I have a 5 month old bully-breed and his top two little nips are inverted and one is seemingly infected or - irritated. confused Not sure of what to do......aside from going to the vet but - it doesn't seem that serious. Maybe it is. Any info you have would be so helpful! Thanks! Smile
BullyLover
BullyLover
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maximus & Pickles
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content