What key words do you use when training your pup?

Go down

What key words do you use when training your pup? Empty What key words do you use when training your pup?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 03:58

I am trying to think of words I will use when pup gets home..

i know the basics like

Sit, stay , leave it etc... what else do you guys and gals use?.

What do you say when you take them out to the toilet for them to wee etc?.

Back to top Go down

What key words do you use when training your pup? Empty Re: What key words do you use when training your pup?

Post by janey Fri Dec 10 2010, 09:23

I use "mornings" whether its the morning or evening lol! Does the trick and instead of "heel" we use "nicely" x how many more sleeps is it now???? Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

What key words do you use when training your pup? Empty Re: What key words do you use when training your pup?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 09:25

Could not put some of the words on forum Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 09:51

most important word"NOT TO USE TOMUCH" is the dogs name and when you do use it it must allways be in your happy voice and make it like theve won the lottery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 09:57

I agree with bigwazza - try never to use your dog's name when you're telling it off! It must associate its name with something pleasant.

As for key words, you can use whatever you like as long as you use the same word for the same action every time. For example a friend of mine way back decided she wanted to be different & instead of saying sit she would say bum.

Keep the words short & be consistent. I always teach sit, stand, stay, leave (or leave it), close (or heal) & that all-important word "NO".

When I want him to go to the toilet I say 'have a pee' and that seems to mean both to him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 10:42

I say wee wee's when toilet training, the normal sit, stay, heal etc etc. I would say one of the best things i taught and would sugest u teach it asap was "leave it" !
Also when we say "AH AH" they no that what ever they are doing they shouldnt be and stop. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 11:52

thanks
I am trying to think of workds that i dont say to the kids either... re the toilet issue lol
I dont want to tell the kids to "hurry up" and the pup take a wee lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:03

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:08

I could end up in a rather sticky situation,
should I work on one command at a time... or is it ok to have a few going,,
Like sit...... then leave it while I am feeing her etc?
thanks
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 13:15

I use
Sit, down, stay, come, close, heel, back, spin, roll, beg and a few others for tricks
For toilet duties I use
Get Busy - Wee Wee
United - Number 2 (Cos Man U are Sh*!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 13:27

same as Bluestaff for toilet training on command i use Busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 14:36

i know a fella who trained his dog to go to the toilet on command, but his command word was sh.t, i can tell you it caused some problems when he told the dog to sit, choose your command words carefully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 18:09

Shane wrote:i know a fella who trained his dog to go to the toilet on command, but his command word was sh.t, i can tell you it caused some problems when he told the dog to sit, choose your command words carefully

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

United was the easiest word I taught Blue. I just put sky sports on and asked him
"What do you think of United?"
At which point he sh*! on the rug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 19:02

BlueStaffBlue wrote:
Shane wrote:i know a fella who trained his dog to go to the toilet on command, but his command word was sh.t, i can tell you it caused some problems when he told the dog to sit, choose your command words carefully

United was the easiest word I taught Blue. I just put sky sports on and asked him

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor oooppss!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:00

BlueStaffBlue wrote:

PMSL...... I could just see that happening to me lol..... you dont want to take him to a politicle speech...
"here we stand UNITED as one"......... Dog takes a dump........ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:04

At least you will have something useful to fling at the coppers when they decide it is a good idea to kettle you in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:47

LOL... what the hell did you just say PMSL...?
what is Kettle you in?

we make tea with a Kettle? lol...
heheheheheeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:52

Laughing What do you call it when the police block you into an area during a protest for example?

Oh and 2 sugars, but only cos you offered so nicely Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 21:26

Hmmmmmm well in my history of protest ( standing at nil )
I would say "cornered"... or contained...

Aussie Cops use horses and GSD to enforce law here... no one messes with them or they get their arse taken off !!!.

I have several friends in the K9 squad.. and the stories are amazing...
one dog ( Huss) had a bloke my the bum hanging out of a helicopter.... poor bloke lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 21:33

Yeah I can imagine a couple of hours of counselling was required after that Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down