Dont need this *

5 posters

Go down

Dont need this * Empty Dont need this *

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 01 2012, 14:30

I've been trying to write this for a while now so here goes.

On a Monday morning a few weeks ago my hubby and I were walking Rocky in our local park, with Rocky on his long training line as always. We met up with a lady we have got to know there with two spaniels, Bertie and Radley who Rocky is very friendly with and always plays great with.

They were all having a great time playing together when all of a sudden another dog appears from the corner of the park. The owner was about 50 meters away the dog was not on any kind of lead at all.

The dog jumps up at my hubby then gets tangled up in the lead with Rocky, who starts to grumble at the other dog. The owner of the two spaniels had just received a call on her mobile but is still within range of seeing and hearing everything.

Rocky gets hold of the loose dog but it is not a fight, he just had hold of the dog. My hubby asks the owner of the loose dog to get hold of it and she just says "No I wont" ?

The owner finally gets herself over to her dog and then starts to have a go at my husband for having an aggresive dog. She said to my husband "You should have a number on your back". My husband explained that our dog was under control and on a training lead her dog was loose and just came bounding over.

We all have a good look at her dog and there are no marks on it at all or no blood anywhere. Anyway we get to hear a bit more of her verbal diarrhea she then walks away.

The next day we see the same dog from a distance being walked by a man who we presumed was her husband. The dog appears to be fine and moving and walking and running as normal.

On the Friday of that week when again out for a walk in the same park with hubby and Rocky again on his long training lead we are approached by a man, completely unknown to us, who takes a photograph of Rocky, and then says " I hear he was in a fight the other day and it's not the first time is it" my hubby replied " Thats not what happened you wern't there" The man then replied with "From the vet report its lucky the dog didnt loose an eye". My hubby said again "Thats not what happened" This guy just said "Tell it to the Magistrate".

We have seen this man on another occasion and again he goes on about telling it to the magistrate and he also said "Haven't you got him muzzled yet". My hubby just said "Will you just shut the f* up" and walked away to avoid further hassle from him.

Anyways the following week when we arrive at the car park to the park we are approached by the local dog warden. He introduces himself and and asked for our details which we supply. We explain our side of what happend and tell him how we got Rocky from Woodgreen Animal Shelter and he correctly says that they would not have rehomed a dangerous dog. As far as he was conserned the matter is closed.

It just really bugs me that people can go around blatantly spreading malicious rumours about others and get away with it. Would like to know who the guy is with the camera. Well I now have a video camera which my hubby bought for my birthday and I am videoing every dog that approaches Rocky to see how he reacts and all OK.

Sorry for the really long rant but had to get it all out correctly, thank you for you patience.

Last edited by kathytake2 on Sun Apr 01 2012, 14:35; edited 1 time in total
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Dont need this * Empty Re: Dont need this *

Post by Steve Sun Apr 01 2012, 14:35

it get me well mad silly people at wits end

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01 2012, 14:38

Aw Kathy what a nightmare! What the hell is the matter with some 'people'?! You must have been really worried about Rocky's future. I'd steer well clear of that park if it's possible. Thank god the dog warden can smell BS. Hope you're all ok >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:02

It's just a damn shame that we are the ones that have to be on the defensive all the time. Always having to say "he/she's friendly" as soon as you see other people look a bit funny. What about your friend with the spaniels , have you seen her since , you have a great witness there. Hope it doesn't go any further but you must be on your guard and ensure you have some witnesses together should you need them. And ask ther person if you see them again for a copy of the Vet report (you could pretend to be concerned as if you want to cover some costs) Bet you never get one angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:10

at wits end ... Kathy, yer hubby did VERY well not to punch the tw@ !!! ... was everything sorted out when you told the warden your side of the story ?
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:17

im with andy on this he would have gone home with a few less teeth and a camera i about 1000 pieces angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:47

I would have confiscated that guys camera and possibly break it.
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 01 2012, 18:22

davemck3834 wrote:It's just a damn shame that we are the ones that have to be on the defensive all the time. Always having to say "he/she's friendly" as soon as you see other people look a bit funny. What about your friend with the spaniels , have you seen her since , you have a great witness there. Hope it doesn't go any further but you must be on your guard and ensure you have some witnesses together should you need them. And ask ther person if you see them again for a copy of the Vet report (you could pretend to be concerned as if you want to cover some costs) Bet you never get one angry

Yes we still see the lady with spaniels and she said she would be a witness if needed. In fact she has become a good friend of ours.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 01 2012, 18:25

Andy wrote: at wits end ... Kathy, yer hubby did VERY well not to punch the tw@ !!! ... was everything sorted out when you told the warden your side of the story ?

Yes Andy the dog warden was fine. He said as far as he was conserned the case is closed, not that there ever was a case.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 01 2012, 18:26

It's strange that we have never found out who mr camera is. I'm guessing he is a friend of a friend poking his beak in where it isn't needed. at wits end
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01 2012, 18:42

Aw kathy you poor thing what a horrible thing to happen, hope that's the end of it now
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 01 2012, 18:53

Yes I hope so Lynne, but I still have a strange feeling whenever we go there. I dont want to miss the park completely because we do have some friends there who know Rocky very well and do play with him.

So anoying when all it takes is one tw@ to ruin all the friendships we have taken ages to build up. at wits end
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 00:00

Sorry you had to deal with that. Some people just have no life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 2 Mon Apr 02 2012, 00:06

mr camera was most likely just another hater trying to intimidate you. it's not surprising the coward hasn't shown his face there since. angry

Matt 2
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 13:13

What is wrong with some people! Thats a horrible thing for you to have to deal with and what kind of person won't come and get their dog when it is being a nuisance. I'm glad it's all ok but I think like you I would have a camera/video camera with me at all times after that. If she turns up again get some pics of her with her dog offlead and not in control. Must have a very boring life if she feels the need to create a drama over nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 15:58

What absolute t*ssers! Surprised

Andy wrote: at wits end ... Kathy, yer hubby did VERY well not to punch the tw@ !!! ... was everything sorted out when you told the warden your side of the story ?

Yes, I think your hubby did very well! Mine would've gone ballistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 17:51

Poor you Kathy. It makes me so mad that you guys have to put up with this sort of BS! Things are so different here. I suspect your media over there is to blame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 02 2012, 18:20

It certainly dosn't help matters Lynne, that is for sure. I think mr camera dosn't like Staffys and thats it, he will not listen to reason.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 2 Mon Apr 02 2012, 20:31

not certain what i'de have done in your hubby's position. i salute the self control your hubby showed.

Matt 2

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 02 2012, 20:34

It's the only way to be really otherwise you are no better than them. As they say "It takes a bigger man to walk away"
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 2 Mon Apr 02 2012, 20:47

i've studied martial arts for years. i got into a special training course with a 10th degree black belt once. He was a former big city cop. he told us that any "street Fight" actualy becomes 3 seperate fights. 1: the fight to be the last one standing. 2: the fight against criminal charges 3: the fight against inevetable lawsuits. still... frustrated

Last edited by Matt 2 on Mon Apr 02 2012, 20:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling?)

Matt 2

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down