Dont like you

+2
Kathy
shakespearesdog
6 posters

Go down

Dont like you  Empty Dont like you

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 17:03

Vinnie is a great dog with other dogs he loves to play with random dogs he meets lol, even if they dont want to play with him! Laughing he looks back at me as if to say, erm mom!??????? Surprised haha.
Anyway back to what im getting at lol, As a said above he loves to play with other dogs HOWEVER! there is a dog on the corner of our grove, a german shepard the owner has a big front garden with a big(ish) fence all around it and leaves his front door open for her to go in and out as she pleases when its a nice day like today .. Vinnie walked past it today and i noticed him trying to bite her nose through the fence doh .. i couldnt see what she was doing because its one of those fences that are panels going upwards so small gaps in between each panel.
So that said i think vinnie prefer's to NOT have the lil ol german shepard as a friend! lol .. this has been ever since she barked at skye when she was a pup and scared her half to death, maybe his holding a grudge for scaring his little sister Laughing . or the more likely case he might find her intimidating through that big fence.

Just wondering, Anybody else with dog friendly dogs have the odd one or two dogs that they're not particularly keen on??

Back to top Go down

Dont like you  Empty Re: Dont like you

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Feb 23 2012, 17:10

Romeo is friendly on first contact to all dogs. However there are dogs he recognises that have had a pop at him in the past and he growls at them and tries to attack them. Luckily I know what these dogs look like so I always make sure hes on lead when I see them.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Feb 23 2012, 18:37

Rocky has many different breeds of dogs as friends but there is one particular German Shepherd he is not too keen. Some people may remember the photos of Rocky after he was attacked.

There are also others than he just does not bother with at all (not posh enough for him I guess) Smile
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 19:19

I cant blame them if they got attacked poor things . I have no idea on her tempermant as ive never seen her outside of the fence so for all i know she could be DA .. I always avoid that side of the road usually but a bloke was cleaning his car on the path the other side! Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 22:51

Russell is friendly with most dogs - there are two that he just doesn't get on with at the dog park but he doesn't attack them as such, just barks aggressively in their faces as if trying to stir them up, and then when they finally have a crack at him he freaks out and runs to mummy, but then goes back for more.

I have found he is also not very tolerant of dogs that try to play with him constantly (Jet another male staffy 1 week younger) and (Brutus, male staffy 6 months younger) these two boys just play and play and play non stop when Russell just wants to 'be' so he gets into scruffs with those two after a little while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Feb 23 2012, 23:10

Without seeing the body language of the other dog, it can be hard to tell. Monte has taken a dislike to other males that challenge him or try to dominate, he just takes up that challenge! I always ask first with strange dogs to be sure. Nothing yet has happened with Frosty to make me think he isn't a friend of all.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Thu Feb 23 2012, 23:24

marley is friendly to pretty much all dog's, there's only 2 that he see's regularly that he doesn't seem keen on, one is a pug that just goes berserk at him,a large black lab, these two he just tenses up and stares at them but then the white staff, this one attacked him whilst we were walking,.marley was on his lead and the white one wasn't and charged marley snarling and bearing his teeth, marley bit back but was then dragged out of the other's reach. all the owner could say is they're staffs that's what they do! i felt like kicking the blokes head in, but i also wanted to get marley out the way so promptly left the park
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23 2012, 23:25

Suki has one or two that she took an instant dislike to

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:06

lemmy and lottie hate the yappy scottie dog on the corner of our road. they pull towards the gate to see if its out if it is they bark and growl while the scottie is at the other side doing the same. there is also a fella with a motorised mobility scooter that goes by on our walk and lemmy hates his dog which is never on a lead. the dog went for lemmy a few times when he was ittle and eve since lemmy thinks he will get in there first. these were the only dogs to get a reaction other than come and play untill lemmy's ig head of course but thats doing great he's calming down so we are back to the old mans dog and the scottie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:23

mr whippet my alter ego in the park...first time i met him he ignored me and growled at his two whippets to keep away from marley despite me telling him he was a pup and dog friendly. i know his dog lights and he knows mine so we keep away and i lead marley near them while he doesnt. they come yapping up to him... mr whippet man you may concider leading now as both mr staffy cross husky and mr staffy cross mastiff feeeling horny very very horny
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Fri Feb 24 2012, 01:03

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 02:30; edited 1 time in total

Pado
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dont like you  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 10:22

bbimson wrote:Without seeing the body language of the other dog, it can be hard to tell. Monte has taken a dislike to other males that challenge him or try to dominate, he just takes up that challenge! I always ask first with strange dogs to be sure. Nothing yet has happened with Frosty to make me think he isn't a friend of all.

Yeaah, thats the only problem not been able to see her body language, if the man that owns her is out too he just say's be nice!! she don't bark at them when they walk past and i haven't heard any growling from her .. its possible that its just the fact shes behind this big fence that's making vinnie feel uncomfortable with her.

I see all your dogs have atleast 1 or 2 dogs they're not keen on then lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:36

So far, (excepting the two occasions when he had a slight alteraction with Spud and then Jessie) Tyson is remarkably dog friendly. He plays with any dog. I have noticed that, with anxious or unconfident dogs, he tends to try and dominate the play (I stop this immediatley). He is particularly sweet with puppies and really little dogs that are confident but not bossy. He tends to ignore yapping Jack Russells, maltese poodles or yorkies when they are at the park.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:54

Aww bless him! .. Vinnie is a big softy with all dogs his met and so is skye .. I think the problem is the fence, he cant see hee properly so hes been extra careful

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sat Feb 25 2012, 00:01

Its interesting because Romeo hates on sight any wolf-type dogs e.g akitas, huskeys and to a lesser extent german shepards. I wonder if its because theres this women with a load of dogs I call the wolf pack, one is a czech wolfdog, two huskey types and a gsd and he was quite scared of them as a pup-they were the only dogs he'd submit to. I'll admit seeing those 'wolves' loom out the shadows was quite unnerving even for me! He hates the lead male now and goes mental at him.
In fact it was the first time I ever heard his proper growl.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25 2012, 00:06

Wow! Sounds pretty intimidating to be honest! .. Vinnie came across a GS in the park today and it snapped him on the nose! The owner just carries on like nothing happend! .. We then walked past the house again on our way home an the GS in the garden was out again and he did it again, trying to bite her through the fence his tail went bushy too so i think we may have to avoid the house if possible .. Sometimes its not but we will try

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down