My puppy Bailey and my other dog HELP !!!

Go down

My puppy Bailey and my other dog HELP !!!  Empty My puppy Bailey and my other dog HELP !!!

Post by lindypeno Mon Mar 05 2012, 12:39

Hi just a little advice, never had to deal with this situation before when I have got a new pup, but Bailey seems to be really nasty to my other staff, she wants to play but he goes at her like a Tasmanian devil, his little teeth become little snarling snipers and the noise he makes is awful....I don't know if this is common or not????

When I had my other dog (a rottie) he was lovely with my pup when I bought her home but the poor thing wants to play and he turns...I have just started taking them out together and they walk well together but as soon as we are back in the garden she wants to play (quite rough) and he goes at her and it all sounds so horrible....

Is it normal and will it get better....I am pretty good with my staffs, this will be my third but I have never had a male.

Any good advice please Smile

lindypeno
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tia and Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : 14 weeks and 2yrs
Dog Gender(s) : girl and boy
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

My puppy Bailey and my other dog HELP !!!  Empty Re: My puppy Bailey and my other dog HELP !!!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 12:43

Staffs will often make some horrific sounds when they are playing! Is your bitch bothered by his outbursts or is it that you don't like the sound & the roughness of it? What is his body language like when they play?

Staffs do play hard!

Back to top Go down

My puppy Bailey and my other dog HELP !!!  Empty Re: My puppy Bailey and my other dog HELP !!!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 12:44

Your pup is most likely just learning to interact with other dogs. Your older dog should be able to settle it but do keep an eye on them and don't leave them alone if you are out.

Back to top Go down

Post by lindypeno Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:15

Hi I think it is more that the puppy seems more aggressive than playful, and I am a bit wary that my other dog will think, hey he is having a proper go, I will bite hard back....hoping she wont but not had two staffs before and I am learning with them....

I think because he is so small, I am over protecting him but he seems to want to stand his own ground and I should just watch and referee, I suppose Smile

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 14:28

The noises and how the play can be pretty scary to watch if your not used to staffys playing rough .. My vinnie is so loud when him and skye play! they both show teeth skye makes these low grumbling sounds when they place and squeek noises and vinnie growls really loud and sounds like a lion cub lmao! .. i always watch the body language when they play .. they both grab each others ears, legs, neck etc etc and both play really rough! but the second a yelp is heard or they are not listening and the ears go back etc etc i will stop it! .. my two are quite good tho when playing and will hardley ever get too heated!.
Pups are mental when they play let alone when older Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 14:33

What you should probably do is watch them when they play. If you think it's getting out of hand, just step in and say "Leave" or "enough" or something similar & seperate them until they're both calm again.

Believe me, though, staffs do play hard & loud! At the moment your bitch will 'tell him off' if she feels he's getting above himself. She'll growl & possibly pin him down. Although the teeth will show, she won't actually bite him although she may grab his scruff.

Back to top Go down

Post by lindypeno Mon Mar 05 2012, 14:36

thank you, it is amazing what such a little pup can sound like lol..... I will have to warn the neighbours that is normal and I am not doing something bad to the poor little fellow ............nor is Tia my other dog.

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 14:38

Haha i often wonder wa people in my grove think when my two are playing and the windowa are open or theyre playing in the garden haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 14:44

Probably think you've organised a dog fight! Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 14:46

The sounds that come out of vinnie it honestly wouldnt suprise me lol .. We do just yell OI KUJO INSIDE VOICE lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by lindypeno Mon Mar 05 2012, 16:21

How funny, he does have a gremlin sort of yap, I sound like I have trapped his head in something when he starts, what with him now and my african grey parrot, I think I need to start putting my head-phones on around the house and not just on my doggie walks !!!! Smile

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 18:48

hahaha!! time to worry is when your African Grey mimics the dogs noise haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by lindypeno Mon Mar 05 2012, 19:40

lol already started shouted Bailey No, lol, don't even go there Big Grin

lindypeno

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down