A smelly disguise..

4 posters

Go down

Surprised A smelly disguise..

Post by georgiegem Sat Mar 03 2012, 11:19

...So Heston has recently developed a love of fox/badger poo, he likes to roll in it and even worse eat it sick On walks at the moment we are being very vigilant and do our best to find it before he does and every time he stops to sniff too long we make a distracting noise to stop him and tell him to leave. Its hard keeping an eye on him, as we live in the countryside and there is always going to be wildlife around us. I'm not quite sure what else I can do to teach him that we are not a fan of 'eau de *' and im fed up of having to wash him every time we've been out on a walk!!!
Today he found the freshest pile whilst we were out on our morning walk Crying or Very sad He was literally 2 seconds behind me but still managed to camo the entire right side of his body and then came immediately to my call with a wriggly happy tail. He then paraded round the rest of our walk like he was so proud of himself!!! When I got home I had to put old clothes and marigolds on so I could carry him into my shower, without him spreading the odour. I washed him with tea tree dog shampoo 3x and he still stank, so I tried the ketchup method which worked better HOWEVER...... Nobody told me that it would turn him PINK!!! He is now curled up snoring in his bed like a baby polar with a pink tint smelling of lavender Laughing
Any advice on how to reinforce that his unpleasant habit with poo is not acceptable and anymore dog washing tricks would be much appreciated!!!
georgiegem
georgiegem
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Heston
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Surprised Re: A smelly disguise..

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03 2012, 12:05

don't know what else to do, but the scenario you described is very familiar to me doh can you ask a local groomer what they use? i dont know

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Mar 03 2012, 12:13

I know where you're coming from. We just keep on with the LEAVE command and avoid the poo if we can.

I know so much easier said than done. You cannot always avoid it and virtually inpossible to in the country anyway.

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Mar 04 2012, 00:47

The actual reason he's doing it is to disguise his scent while hunting.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by georgiegem Sun Mar 04 2012, 15:26

Well in which case all the foxes must think theres a big * romping around their territory then!!!
I live right next to the woods so its unavoidable atm as I can hear fox cubs calling in the early evening, so there must be a number of Dens in our area. I guess im going to have to invent an apres poo shampoo x
georgiegem
georgiegem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Heston
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Mar 04 2012, 18:55

georgiegem wrote: so I tried the ketchup method which worked better HOWEVER...... Nobody told me that it would turn him PINK!!!

That made me laugh so much, thats for that Laughing be carefull he'll be hanging around with pink poodles before you know it Wink

I share your pain with the fox poo though, and boy does it stink driving home!!! I just have to wash him loads with his orange scented shampoo and soak his harness overnight, i'd rather him cuddle up to me smelling like a giant satsuma rather than smelling even the faintest whiff of fox poo
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 10:29

georgiegem wrote:Well in which case all the foxes must think theres a big * romping around their territory then!!!
Yeah! a big pink one smelling like Granny's knicker drawer! I know it is not funny but I had a good out loud howl at this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down