Puppy Staffy limping on back leg no pain

Go down

Puppy Staffy limping on back leg no pain Empty Puppy Staffy limping on back leg no pain

Post by rhino Sat Feb 25 2012, 18:47

Hi there hope you can help, I have an 8 month old staffy called Alfie,he is very energetic & gets plenty of exercise sometimes up to an hours walk, but recently he has started limping on his back leg but seems to be in no pain,he limps on it for a bit then is able to put wait on it again. He has had this problem before I rest him a few days then he is fine then out of the blue he starts limping again any advice please

rhino
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : alfie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Puppy Staffy limping on back leg no pain Empty Re: Puppy Staffy limping on back leg no pain

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25 2012, 19:10

Possible he could of strained it? i.e over stretched it or ran on it funnily? .. pups are mental and forever straining something! lol.
have you checked in his paw pads and between his toe's? also made his leg move from his hip etc? and pressed it firmly all the way up to see if he pulls away or yelps?

Back to top Go down

Puppy Staffy limping on back leg no pain Empty Re: Puppy Staffy limping on back leg no pain

Post by rhino Sat Feb 25 2012, 19:15

Yes tried all paw checks & pressed his leg all the way up to hip but nothing seems to bother him not even a flinch, he limps then is ok & seems to walk on it fine

rhino

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : alfie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25 2012, 19:32

do you give him attention when he limps? .. i only ask because my boy is a PRO at milking something that don't exist lol and some others on here have done it too! haha.
if he dont stop, id ring the vet ask if the vet nurse can have a look at him to be on the safe side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down