daisy not getting along with our cats :-(

Go down

daisy not getting along with our cats :-( Empty daisy not getting along with our cats :-(

Post by daisyboo Sun Nov 28 2010, 17:31

we have had daisy a week we have six cats ywo are adults and can more than fend for themselves but we also have 4 kittens who will be six months at christmas the man we had daisy off said she was fine with cats as they had several house cats themselves just a little over excited at times but now that she is settling in a bit shes started to show slight aggression towards our kittens nothing to drastic at the moment the odd growl to warn hem off i was wondering if anyone had any tips we could use to teach her not to get so excited when they are around sometimes she will ignore them but other times chases them off n if she manages to corner them makes a noise as if she might turn nasty towrds them we have all fell in love with daisy but are worried about this problem getting worse
daisyboo
daisyboo
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : daisy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

daisy not getting along with our cats :-( Empty Re: daisy not getting along with our cats :-(

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28 2010, 18:21

I have 3 cats and Blue. When they have had enough of Blue they just give him a wack on the nose and Blue runs off with his tail between his les.
I looked into how to stop it and there isn't much advice to be honest, due to Blue having a high prey drive.
The important thing is to make sure if anything the cats show the dog that they are higher in the pecking order, but 99 times out of 100 the cats do that themselves, by a wack on the nose when needed.
If you feel the dog is starting to get the better you need to empower the cats by picking them up and stroking them while making the dog lie down.
You will find that cats very raley run over and start on the dog.....so the higher the dog thinks the cats are the less chance there will be confrontations

Back to top Go down

daisy not getting along with our cats :-( Empty Re: daisy not getting along with our cats :-(

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28 2010, 21:27

To be honest we had to do a lot of shouting at Ty. He was 6 months when we rescued him and was way too interested in the cat for my liking. Luckily my cat was super confident and wouldnt run from him but would stand her ground. If he nudged her to hard or got a bit over the top he would be told to leave it and if he didnt listen he would be told NO and put out the room, and we kept repeating this over and over. He is absolutly fine now and although still can get a bit excited by her will always leave her when told. Shes a bugger mind she rubs herself all over him and puts her bum in his face knowing full well he will be the one that gets told off.... Rolling Eyes But i would rather it that way so hey hoe x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down