Sleeping outside vs inside - help

2 posters

Go down

Sleeping outside vs inside - help Empty Sleeping outside vs inside - help

Post by rascal-girl Sun Feb 12 2012, 14:32

Hi all, I'm after your advice Big Grin Rascal is now 11mths old. She sleeps outside in her kennel, but lately she's taken to whining a bit at the door and I know she'd love to be inside more. The trouble is, she goes NUTS when the cats are around, and gets overstimulated by the kids. Any tips on how to train her to be more calm inside? At the moment, we just don't trust her enough to leave her indoors all night. Also, given she has been spending her nights outside for a few months now, I don't actually know if she needs to pee/poo overnight.

Please, any advice appreciated! What do you all do with your gorgeous ones? How do I "housetrain" her better? She's great with listening to me when we're out, her recall is almost 100%, however if she has her mind/attention set on something it's game over! It's like she's suddenly deaf!!

Please help! Be as "prescriptive" or detailed in your suggestions as you like Big Grin
rascal-girl
rascal-girl
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Sleeping outside vs inside - help Empty Re: Sleeping outside vs inside - help

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12 2012, 14:38

couldn't ever dream of Tilly being outside here she'd be a stafficicle Laughing .
The poo is an easy one , clean the garden before you go to bed and see if there is a fresh one in the morning. You could crate Rascal indoors to condition her , though there are many more experts on here than me with that as Tilly has been crate free since about 4 months old (she prefers our bed)

She's great with listening to me when we're out, her recall is almost 100%, however if she has her mind/attention set on something it's game over! It's like she's suddenly deaf!! mmmmmmmmm that just means she is definitely a staffie.........good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Sun Feb 12 2012, 15:19

This is pretty much what I've done: http://wrigglebutts.com/training/clickertraining/relaxation-training/
Aniemother
Aniemother
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down