Introducing My Staffy To A Kitten ?

4 posters

Go down

Introducing My Staffy To A Kitten ? Empty Introducing My Staffy To A Kitten ?

Post by xxxsecurity Thu Nov 25 2010, 17:30

Hi,

i have a 15 week old staff with a great temprement and have just got a new 10 week old kitten and i was wondering if anyone had tips on introducing them or even if this is something that will work ?

Our little boy wants a kitten more than anything so im really hoping they will get on and would appreciate all tips and advice you can offer.

Many Thanks

xxxsecurity
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Introducing My Staffy To A Kitten ? Empty Re: Introducing My Staffy To A Kitten ?

Post by Steve Thu Nov 25 2010, 17:54

i would jusy put them together and watch them see how they get on Smile if any goes over the top or what tell them noo

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Introducing My Staffy To A Kitten ? Empty Re: Introducing My Staffy To A Kitten ?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 18:50

yeah just leave them to it, if they are rared together everything should be OK with em, we have two cats and Katie just plays with them they all get on great

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Thu Nov 25 2010, 18:53

Will work no problem if both kitten and staffy puppy are put together at a young age.
Just watch how both of them are playing with each other for a little while.
Gavin
Gavin
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jack&Jade
Dog Gender(s) : Male&Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 25 2010, 19:06

I've never had a dog and cat so cant really help but there was a post up earlier regarding this situation and it was recommended they are never left alone together without supervision
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 19:12

thats because there was two dogs left alone with one cat Janey, then you're talking trouble, we leave katie with our two cats all the time never had any problems as i said before if a cat and dog are rared together they will become the best of friends

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 25 2010, 19:15

I hope so, as I said I've never done it myself. I have a hamster though and they get on fine, although don't think I'd leave them together though!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 19:18

Janey wrote:I hope so, as I said I've never done it myself. I have a hamster though and they get on fine, although don't think I'd leave them together though!

oh no i wouldn't leave the hamster out cause i reckon moo would snap him up, one of my ferrets got out of the cage a few years when we had Tyson, he got a grip of him and that was that Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 20:00

I've got a cat and a kitten and I'm getting a kitten the same day I get Charlie. I'm not worried, they're all young and will be growing up together. As long as you introduce them while they're young, they'll be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 20:33

Yes, just put em together & keep an eye on them.

When my sister moved back home (I was still living with my parents then) I had my 2nd Border Collie pup & my sister had a kitten. They were just about the same age & they got on fine. Dillon (the cat) was the only cat allowed in our garden, Peri (the Collie) & Dillon would chase any others out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 21:35

Everything should be fine if you put them together just make sure the kitten got somewhere he can get away from the dog if he feels too stressed and if you have a crate/somewhere your dog feel comfy and secure don't let the cat there either just make sure they each have their personal space when its wanted. When leaving your home seperate them accidents happen when its the cat or dog doing the damage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 09:03

A bay gate is a good idea so that the cat can get beyond it but the pup can't. That way, they can both have some time out from each other!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down