+3
scott61985
weestewart
Steve
7 posters

Go down

american bulldog Empty american bulldog

Post by Steve Thu Nov 25 2010, 14:16

does anybody know why it's a not kc regsitered breed?

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

american bulldog Empty Re: american bulldog

Post by Steve Thu Nov 25 2010, 14:48

i cant see them on your official breed list

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 14:58

Steve wrote:i cant see them on your official breed list

maybe there not then Steve, someone was just trying too pass them off as kc reg, they were charging a €1000 for one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 15:59

I just copied and pasted this i no its AKC and KC but it might help.....

The American Bulldog is considered a manufactured breed by most standards, kind of like a labradoodle is a new type of breed like that. Although the AB has been around since the 1920's-1930's there were the two seperate breeding programs by two different individuals and they bred several different dogs to get their "type of AB" When it comes to the AKC it is considered by most as the top knotch kennel club because of their strict rules for breed recognition. A more common dog like the Jack Russell terrier, which has been around for a long time isnt even recognized by the AKC, they recognize the Parson Russell Terrier as of only a couple years ago, which is just a fancier name for for the jack russel. Back to the AB, the AKC board of head honchos has to take a vote on starting a foundation stock service, which is when breeders of a dog petition to be akc recognized and that board will approve or disapprove their application for a FSS start. If it does get approved then those selected breeders have to keep strict records of their dogs and their FSS registration just like an akc registration. after a time(I honestly dont know how long) of breeding through that FSS they will be able get the AKC recognition. If you go to the AKC website www.akc.org you can look up the Foundation Stock Service. Also the breed has to be registered with one of the approved other registration clubs worldwide, which the American Bulldog doesnt fall into this category. So until they recognize the ABA or NKC for the American Bulldog this will have to wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Nov 25 2010, 16:04

oooo right Smile thanks for that blaze Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 17:19

I believe that they're registered under the United Kennel Club of America, but not the AKC.

They're not fully standardised yet, there's still quite a lot of variation, so the AKC won't consider it yet, and if they won't, neither will the UK Kennel Club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Nov 25 2010, 17:51

oo right caryll, they becoming very popular around here and teh british ones too..

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 19:09

i know this post is about American bulldog but i would just like to point out.the parson Russell terrier are not the same as jack russels, they are two separate breeds they look slightly like jack russels, but are a lot lot taller.
same as a cocker spaniel and springer spaniel are different breeds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 20:39

Yes, the jack russell I've always known from childhood should have been the one adopted by the kennel club years ago when they decided to register them, but there was so much in-fighting about exactly how they should look, that they eventually registered the Parson Russell Terrier which is a taller, less stocky version.

Back to top Go down

Post by weestewart Wed Dec 01 2010, 16:14

i know with the with the american bulldog there theres at least 2 strains

1 is the johnsons and the other the hinds and sometimes to 2 strains are bred together

the johnsons is more of a bully type shape and i think the hndsis more of the athletic shape
weestewart
weestewart
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : storm
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by weestewart Wed Dec 01 2010, 16:18

heers a link i found on the breed http://www.mainmanbulldogs.com/bulldogs-history.php
weestewart
weestewart

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : storm
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Fri Apr 15 2011, 14:49

american bulldog Img_0122

White American Bulldog
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 14:59

he is adorable !

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Fri Apr 15 2011, 15:14

its a girl, brookelyn. my gfs mums dog. shes like a baby lol
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 15:59

oops ..... sorry Brookelyn !! she looks like a real sook !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 17:37

She's stunning.
Do American Bulldogs have less health issues than the English Bulldog? I would guess they would have better breathing

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Fri Apr 15 2011, 17:50

no health issues shes soft and shes 8 year old

american bulldog Brooke10
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 17:52

She's a cracker.
Yeah just thought then that their faces aren't as squished as an English Bulldog and thought they probably have better breathing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15 2011, 19:25

I like them a lot - there are 2 pups round here, a male about 9 months old & a female a little younger. The female is a Fisher dog which I'm told is a big breeder in the USA.

Both are really sweet natured & look at Dempsey as though he's insane as he barks & snarls at them!

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Fri Apr 15 2011, 21:10

She is gorgeous
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 13:14

I love the last photo of her....what a lovely sweet face she has!

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Sun May 08 2011, 20:24

i know a few round my way been crossed with staffies..usually see these dogs with the wrong type of lads Sad
markeB
markeB
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s) : Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun May 08 2011, 20:26

there a few people around here breeding bulldog x staffie

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 15:48

[Begin Rant] I wish people would stop intentionally breeding mixes! Drives me up a wall!! Wish all of the mix breeds in shelters, you don't need to be adding to it by breeding dogs that probably won't find homes easily. In the US a popular one is Boxer/Lab... Guess what? It ends up looking JUST like an APBT or AmStaff mix!! Why not just adopt one of the thousands of APBT/AmStaff mixes that are in the shelters needing homes instead of adding to the problem by breeding mix breed dogs! Another problem is all the little dogs, they mix everything with poodle or pug. We've got "Puggles" and "Bugs" and "Malti-Poos" and "Cockapoos"* and all sorts of mutts that people are lining up to buy! They are starting to find themselves in our shelters because there are so d-mn many of them!! I really have no problem with ethical breeders breeding health tested and temrement tested pure bred dogs to further the breed, but these unethical BYBs (backyard breeders) need to stop!! [Rant Over]

*Puggle=Pug mixed with Beagle, Bug=Pug mixed with Boston Terrier, Malti-poo=Maltese mixed with poodle, Cockapoo=Cocker Spaniel mixed with Poodle (sound really vulgar to me!!) These are all dogs that I've seen advertized at pet stores or online!! ARGH!!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09 2011, 19:07

It was that way with Dalmatians in the US, after the 101 Dalmatians movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 15:46

CatStina wrote:It was that way with Dalmatians in the US, after the 101 Dalmatians movie.

Yes I heard that too. We have the 2 dvds 101 and 102 Dalmations..( I love those sorts of movies..) and noticed at the end there is a message from the makers of the movie about acquiring a puppy..that it is not something to take lightly. At least they were trying to make people be more responsible...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 16:31

People will take away whatever message they want! Haven't seen the movie in a while, but I'm glad to hear that they tried to have a good message!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 21:21

CatStina wrote:[Begin Rant] I wish people would stop intentionally breeding mixes! Drives me up a wall!! Wish all of the mix breeds in shelters, you don't need to be adding to it by breeding dogs that probably won't find homes easily. In the US a popular one is Boxer/Lab... Guess what? It ends up looking JUST like an APBT or AmStaff mix!! Why not just adopt one of the thousands of APBT/AmStaff mixes that are in the shelters needing homes instead of adding to the problem by breeding mix breed dogs! Another problem is all the little dogs, they mix everything with poodle or pug. We've got "Puggles" and "Bugs" and "Malti-Poos" and "Cockapoos"* and all sorts of mutts that people are lining up to buy! They are starting to find themselves in our shelters because there are so d-mn many of them!! I really have no problem with ethical breeders breeding health tested and temrement tested pure bred dogs to further the breed, but these unethical BYBs (backyard breeders) need to stop!! [Rant Over]

*Puggle=Pug mixed with Beagle, Bug=Pug mixed with Boston Terrier, Malti-poo=Maltese mixed with poodle, Cockapoo=Cocker Spaniel mixed with Poodle (sound really vulgar to me!!) These are all dogs that I've seen advertized at pet stores or online!! ARGH!!*

applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 23:20

CatStina wrote:[Begin Rant] I wish people would stop intentionally breeding mixes! Drives me up a wall!! Wish all of the mix breeds in shelters, you don't need to be adding to it by breeding dogs that probably won't find homes easily. In the US a popular one is Boxer/Lab... Guess what? It ends up looking JUST like an APBT or AmStaff mix!! Why not just adopt one of the thousands of APBT/AmStaff mixes that are in the shelters needing homes instead of adding to the problem by breeding mix breed dogs! Another problem is all the little dogs, they mix everything with poodle or pug. We've got "Puggles" and "Bugs" and "Malti-Poos" and "Cockapoos"* and all sorts of mutts that people are lining up to buy! They are starting to find themselves in our shelters because there are so d-mn many of them!! I really have no problem with ethical breeders breeding health tested and temrement tested pure bred dogs to further the breed, but these unethical BYBs (backyard breeders) need to stop!! [Rant Over]

The rant's never really over for people who have the right attitude towards breeding, or rather, not breeding. Like you, I have no problem with someone who has a really good dog/bitch and who wants to further the breed by using that dog or bitch for breeding, as long as it's done properly. BUT, I do wish people would think twice, and then think again, before even starting the process. Consider all the pros & cons & be honest with thenselves as to whther they are breeding for selfish reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 01:22

The amount of puppies advertised over here in the papers and on Gumtree astounds me. Just where the hell do all these people think their puppies are going to end up?? The pounds and shelters are all full, and still the puppies keep coming....And as the above posts mention ,some of the cross breeds that are advertised, I mean what where the owners thinking when you get a staffy cross mastiff and things like that. Makes me so so mad!! ... and the minute there is a staffy involved instantly these irresponsible owners think then can charge a fortune for them. They should just be grateful if they can find these poor puppys a decent home! Rant over ( for now!! ) angry

Last edited by vanessa on Wed May 11 2011, 01:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing boo boo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Wed May 11 2011, 10:51

"staffy cross mastiff" I wouldn't say no.
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
american bulldog Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 11:06

Staffy wrote:"staffy cross mastiff" I wouldn't say no.

I wouldnt say no if it was sat in rescue wanting a loving forever home but would i purposley breed this cross or buy a pup from someone who has? Absolutley no way not ever! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Wed May 11 2011, 13:07

blaze wrote:
Staffy wrote:"staffy cross mastiff" I wouldn't say no.

I wouldnt say no if it was sat in rescue wanting a loving forever home but would i purposley breed this cross or buy a pup from someone who has? Absolutley no way not ever! x

Same.
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
american bulldog Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 15:50

yeah I just hope the dad was the staffy and not the other way round..there are staffy crosses of every shape and size here ......most looking for a home!! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Sun May 15 2011, 10:20

what is a good reason for breeing ?? because you have a great dog and bitch and a pup coupld potentially do well in shows ?

or you have a nice dog and bitch that are good examples of the breed and you would like other people to have the pleasure of owning a dog similar to yours?

all this anti breeding preaching bugs the life out of me . yes it is ashame there are people that breed indiscriminatly and that there are shelters full of staffs and what not . But if there was no-one breeding none of us would be on here chatting about our beloved staffys as there would be none .

people on here tried having a go at me last year when dakota had a litter . its laughable . keep the preaching to yourselfs , people come on here looking for advise about there pregnant dog and get attacked by the staffy christians , is the dog health checked , kc reg , blah blah , ive seen it happen ,, what does it matter the dogs pregnant the deeds done , instead of making the person feel like sh&%e give some worthwhile advise on what they ask .
Rant Over
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 11:08

niff wrote:what is a good reason for breeing ?? because you have a great dog and bitch and a pup coupld potentially do well in shows ?

or you have a nice dog and bitch that are good examples of the breed and you would like other people to have the pleasure of owning a dog similar to yours?

all this anti breeding preaching bugs the life out of me . yes it is ashame there are people that breed indiscriminatly and that there are shelters full of staffs and what not . But if there was no-one breeding none of us would be on here chatting about our beloved staffys as there would be none .

people on here tried having a go at me last year when dakota had a litter . its laughable . keep the preaching to yourselfs , people come on here looking for advise about there pregnant dog and get attacked by the staffy christians , is the dog health checked , kc reg , blah blah , ive seen it happen ,, what does it matter the dogs pregnant the deeds done , instead of making the person feel like sh&%e give some worthwhile advise on what they ask .
Rant Over

sorry niff but that is out of line, if people ask our opinions on breeding or similar subjects than everyone is intitled to give it. You obviously think breeding is fine which is cool - its your opinion. I seriously dont at the moment with staffs being so serously overbred and so many dieing in rescue and if asked i WILL say what i feel. Im not totally anti breeding full stop but lets be honest anyone who comes on here asking questions about mating and breeding are not proper reputable breeders and therefore dont have the breeds best interests at heart and are not trying to improve it. They are people who's pups will be out of standard probaby crossed and end up in rescue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 11:18

I think you're both right, and both wrong, if you see what I mean. I think everybody has a right to express their opinion as long as it is done politely & without recriminations. However, I don't think that just because someone isn't a 'big' breeder that they don't have the breed's best interests (or their own dog's) at heart.

If someone comes on here & their bitch is already pregnant & they're asking advice, then no amount of ranting at them that they shouldn't have bred is a waste of time & totally unhelpful. If, however, they come on and ask for opinions about possibly mating their dog/bitch, then you have the right to voice your opinion whether it be for or against.

I do, however, feel that it is right to tell people that they should be health testing - that is for the good of the breed. Not to test is to risk breeding from an affected dog & passing on the health problems to pups and their new owners. Irresponsible!

Whether they register with the KC is surely up to them. They will get a better price for their pups, of course, if they do register, and the prospective owners will get the chance to show their dogs if they so wish.

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Mon May 16 2011, 11:31

blaze wrote:
niff wrote:what is a good reason for breeing ?? because you have a great dog and bitch and a pup coupld potentially do well in shows ?

Rant Over

sorry niff but that is out of line, if people ask our opinions on breeding or similar subjects than everyone is intitled to give it. You obviously think breeding is fine which is cool - its your opinion. I seriously dont at the moment with staffs being so serously overbred and so many dieing in rescue and if asked i WILL say what i feel. Im not totally anti breeding full stop but lets be honest anyone who comes on here asking questions about mating and breeding are not proper reputable breeders and therefore dont have the breeds best interests at heart and are not trying to improve it. They are people who's pups will be out of standard probaby crossed and end up in rescue.

ok so everyone is entitled to their opinion , but im out of line for giving mine ?
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 11:33

niff wrote:ok so everyone is entitled to their opinion , but im out of line for giving mine ?

See my post - you're both entitled to voice your opinions! Breeding/neutering will always lead to heated discussions, that can't be helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 11:41

why has this thread went to a breeding rant it started off with WHY IS THE AM BULL NOT A RECOGNISED BREED come on guys get bacK on track

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 11:44

bigwazza wrote:why has this thread went to a breeding rant it started off with WHY IS THE AM BULL NOT A RECOGNISED BREED come on guys get bacK on track

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Thu Jun 23 2011, 18:36

was asked other day by local druggy if i wanted to breed my leo with his pit bitch banghead why oh why.needless to say i sent him on his way..think they see it easier to sell a staffy cross that a pit .
original post ..they aint KC recognised as even in states there are 2 diferent lines of so called american bulldogs,even then the 2 breed types are bred together ,basically their all crossbreeds yet charged at a silly amount of money. i see too many of them locally to me with young hoody types who have moved on from staffies and rotties to this type of dog,wonder what happened to their staffies hmmmm Sad banghead
markeB
markeB

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jun 23 2011, 18:49

when people goes around saying they have pit it more like a crossbreed Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Thu Jun 23 2011, 19:11

some of these dogs are huge ,i look at these dudes walking round with them and i think WHY??.saw a girl being dragged across a field by one of these am bulldogs,no control what so ever .
markeB
markeB

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content