linzy
Skye86
shakespearesdog
chloexxx
11 posters

Go down

Been thinking Empty Been thinking

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 15:41

After watching dogs on death row and how police decide a dogs fate by tape measure. After researching the internet regarding poor dogs and how they are treat, how many are in rescues etc... looking at free ads on the internet and free papers etc... I think a few simple measures could help...

1) Free ads of livestock should be banned, any website allowing such advertising should be fined and proceeds to go to animal rescue centres ( ALL websites forums, Facebook, gumtree, preloved ) Ebay can police this so can the others
2) Breeders should be registered locally, not nationally as it's impossible to police.. Any person caught back yard breeding should be banned from keeping pets or trained to do it correctly, and made to spend time working in rescue centres
3) Breeders should be held responsible for chipping puppies, and sending new owner info to identychip.. Fail to do it, take away there licences
4)Councils and housing authorities should be given new rights to disallow tenants dogs if either they have been found guilty of breeding without licence or of any animal cruelty, or had pets removed by RSPCA/ or as advised by any animal charity to be unsuitable owners
5) Vets must reduce the price of spaying/neutering pets... Not only for low income families etc, but for anyone who is responsible enough to get their pets done ( Maybe the government could help here with an amnesty give vouchers towards the cost )
6) Dogs should be treat much like cars and third party insurance must be made compulsory ( All dogs toys to giants )
7) hard looking collars and leads etc should be subject to higher VAT to try and make these things less attractive..

My idea's
I think most important is an amnesty to get pets to vets to stop the flow of unwanted litters...

Almost forgot...... Get rid of DDA and make owners responsible for their pets actions
chloexxx
chloexxx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chloe, Blake
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch/ Dog
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Been thinking Empty Re: Been thinking

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Jan 25 2012, 15:48

7) hard looking collars and leads etc should be subject to higher VAT to try and make these things less attractive..

But what do you consider 'hard'? One mans stylish studded jacket is another mans YMCA bondage joke. You can't mark up studded collars, that comes down to personal style.
I wear gold jewellery and have several visable tattoos, does this mean i'm a chavvy thug?
I would reintroduce dog licences, with rescue dogs having a years free licence and concessions for OAPs.

I must also add that my dog wears a studded collar to protect his neck, i don't do it so he looks 'hard'. I think he looks damn adorable. Love Struck

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 15:50

Those cruel spiked jobs, not normal staff collars....
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye86 Wed Jan 25 2012, 15:54

I agree with licencing, but the only problem with that is would cost the government (taxpayer) ridiculous amounts to enforce and in this current economical climate it's not going to happen! Unfortunately.

Skye86
Skye86
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 12/5/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 15:54

http://www.imosh.com/DOGCOLLARS.htm

like that
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:00

Sue, I think you've made some really good points & sugestions.

Whether anybody would be willing to implement them, though, is another matter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:01

[quote="chloexxx"]5) Vets must reduce the price of spaying/neutering pets... Not only for low income families etc, but for anyone who is responsible enough to get their pets done ( Maybe the government could help here with an amnesty give vouchers towards the cost )

though i agree with all your points this one is much more of a controversial one. there was once an argument from a childless couple that their taxes go towards education even though they themselves have no children and are not likely to have so why should they pay towards the schools and things required.

this same argument could go towards this point of yours. none dog owners and especialy none doggy or anuimal lvoers would argue why should anyone get it cheaper. and other animal lovers and owners would say why should anyone get vetinery care free or cheap. if you are out of work on benefits you are skint which means you wouldnt have the money for an animal. if you cant afford the vet dont have the dog.

although we all have different ideas of how we can help it will always upset someone and then the great debate starts all over again and so it goes in an endless row that gets us all no where

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:04

I've never seen anyone in England using a collar like that Surprised
Is it for a dog or a Rhino?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:05

_julie_ wrote: if you are out of work on benefits you are skint which means you wouldnt have the money for an animal. if you cant afford the vet dont have the dog.

That's something I've always disagreed with.

It basically means that if you are on a low income, or you're elderly & on a pension, you can't have a dog. I think I would fade away if I couldn't have a dog by my side. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:06

I really think an amnesty should be held nationally... Many people would get their dogs done but are put off by cost.... All owners should be recognised as responsible when choosing this option... Currently the only help available is to those on benefits. It would certainly help control the number of unwanted litters
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:09

shakespearesdog wrote:I've never seen anyone in England using a collar like that Surprised
Is it for a dog or a Rhino?

This is what chavs are using on their weapon dogs... You can buy them at Donnington Market for a few pounds, its just cruel... This type of thing should be taxed to extinction
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:13

Caryll wrote:
_julie_ wrote: if you are out of work on benefits you are skint which means you wouldnt have the money for an animal. if you cant afford the vet dont have the dog.

That's something I've always disagreed with.

It basically means that if you are on a low income, or you're elderly & on a pension, you can't have a dog. I think I would fade away if I couldn't have a dog by my side. Sad

unfortunately its the way some poeple think and this is an argument that comes a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:19

though i agree with all your points this one is much more of a controversial one. there was once an argument from a childless couple that their taxes go towards education even though they themselves have no children and are not likely to have so why should they pay towards the schools and things required.

this same argument could go towards this point of yours. none dog owners and especialy none doggy or anuimal lvoers would argue why should anyone get it cheaper. and other animal lovers and owners would say why should anyone get vetinery care free or cheap. if you are out of work on benefits you are skint which means you wouldnt have the money for an animal. if you cant afford the vet dont have the dog.

Sorry Quote didn't work right lol

This would save taxpayers money in the long run, less dogs, less dog wardens, less rescue and kennelling fee's... Less mess in parks to clean up....

Think unemployed/low income families are allowed to have children and the same should apply to companion pets, but as help is provided with children it should also apply to pets ( who after all are part of the family make up )

chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:27

shakespearesdog wrote:

But what do you consider 'hard'? One mans stylish studded jacket is another mans YMCA bondage joke. You can't mark up studded collars, that comes down to personal style.
I wear gold jewellery and have several visable tattoos, does this mean i'm a chavvy thug?
I would reintroduce dog licences, with rescue dogs having a years free licence and concessions for OAPs.

I must also add that my dog wears a studded collar to protect his neck, i don't do it so he looks 'hard'. I think he looks damn adorable. Love Struck

Violet has a pink studded collar - not because it looks hard, but because it matches my belt and my jacket and when I'm rich enough to buy them, it'll match my Christian Louboutin shoes :p We also have matching Hooters t shirts.

Been thinking Christian-louboutin-studded-shoes
linzy
linzy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:30

It isn't the decortive studded collars Sue means, it's the ones with wicked looking, long pointed studs that are purely to make a dog look evil or 'sick' as they say round here. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:38

Very nice suggestions. On the point of spaying/neutering - the SPCA here will do this at minimal cost here.

Just as you need a lisence to drive so should you have one for dog ownership. Pie in the sky I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:39

i'm on benefits atm due to an accident before xmas, but with careful spending we can still afford our pet insurance, and we use a prepay in scheme at our vets to cover his regular treatments and any other thing that crops up. but after reading about the pro's and cons of getting him castrated before he is 1, i think we'll wait for that.even though our vets gave us 10% off voucher for joining them
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:42

chloexxx wrote:

yeh but chloe the argument could still stand not all low income people are older people with companion dogs. the little old lady with her yorkshire terrier has paid her taxes for years the scumbag chav that tries to make his dog look hard and complain the police have ruined dog fighting will probably not work and yet he will benefit from cheap vetinery care for a dog that probably got hurt because he's a nutter

This would save taxpayers money in the long run, less dogs, less dog wardens, less rescue and kennelling fee's... Less mess in parks to clean up....

Think unemployed/low income families are allowed to have children and the same should apply to companion pets, but as help is provided with children it should also apply to pets ( who after all are part of the family make up )

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:43

Ty wrote:Very nice suggestions. On the point of spaying/neutering - the SPCA here will do this at minimal cost here.

Just as you need a lisence to drive so should you have one for dog ownership. Pie in the sky I know.

But you have got to be on low incomes to benefit from reduced price spaying, it should be available to all

Licence though I agree with the principal, I think it would be just another way for some to break the law... Breeders should have to be registered and hold licences though
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:47

_julie_ wrote:
chloexxx wrote:

yeh but chloe the argument could still stand not all low income people are older people with companion dogs. the little old lady with her yorkshire terrier has paid her taxes for years the scumbag chav that tries to make his dog look hard and complain the police have ruined dog fighting will probably not work and yet he will benefit from cheap vetinery care for a dog that probably got hurt because he's a nutter

Not free vet care, they get that anyway through the PDSA and such.... I mean spay/neutering should be reduced... Most of these people would not take the help as they WANT to breed, but without being able to advertise without a breeding licence would it be worth their while
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:49

i'm not being rude or anything but these wouldn't work in our soecity, the people who giving the dog bad names are the one who dont care about the laws, they could lose one dog and go out and buy another one the next day.

we should be thinking of ways to fix our soecity not punishing us the responsible owners.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 16:56

Steve thats not punishing responsible dog owners, its helping them with spaying etc... It would mean paying third party insurance though... It would punish irresponsibility though...

Broken society will only be fixed when we get an EU referendum, which will never be forthcoming sadly
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:00

i wouldn't want to pay for third party insurance becasue i will never make a dog nasty.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:03

I would never let Frank wear those shoes - he'd break a leg Big Grin Tongues

In California the Animal Shelters offer very cheap rates to Spay/Neuter your Pets. Most Animal Shelters here are run as Non-Profit and on donations.

Each State in the US has its own laws and bylaws and within each State each county has the same. The county in California I live in offers Free Spay/Neuters to all Cats, Rabbits and Pit Bull type dogs. They offer this Free because the Shelters here are over run with Cats, Rabbits and "Pit Bull type" dogs.

No Shelter or Rescue organization in the USA will adopt out an animal that has not been Spayed/Neutered - they are altered after their adoption and before being sent home. At the Shelters this is done for free at Rescues the price is built into the adoption fee.

Also owning an unaltered animal here is beginning to be frowned upon. Its kind of like smoking, its not illegal but most people don't like it and you can tell (believe me I'm an ex smoker and I know Laughing ). Go to a dog park here with an unaltered animal and you will hear the gossip being spread and inevitably someone will ask you if you are a breeder and if not why your dog isn't fixed.

Pado
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:08

humans are responsible for taming the animals and it is humans that should be responsible for thier welbeing and this again comes down to money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:21

1) Tougher sentences for owner who dog attack people (starting point 10 years depending on who happen)
2) Chav or druggys who walking around the streets with history should have thier dogs took off them (possible jail time)

thinking i cant think of anything else in helping bad owners i will keep thinking

if we got out of the human act i coumd come up some right eveil things we could do >Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye86 Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:27

I can! Actually imposing fines or some other form of punishment on these vile, repeat offenders! How she got away with it scott free is beyond me. Well, when I say that I mean actually hit her where it hurts. Her pockets... or last remaining snaggle tooth...
Skye86
Skye86

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 12/5/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jan 25 2012, 17:31

We need answers for the overbreeding first... And we need to stop people using free ads ...

They advertise staffy for sale 200 pound, people go loverly litter buy a pup.. 6 month later they discover its a cross and don't want it..

I would never do that its not the pups fault, and i would keep it anyway but some would not
I would be very upset if I paid for a staff and got a jack russel.... This happens all the time and it needs to stop now !!
chloexxx
chloexxx
Been thinking Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Jan 25 2012, 20:06

chloexxx wrote:http://www.imosh.com/DOGCOLLARS.htm

like that

Oooooooo, I like them!!

Tongues Laughing
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 25 2012, 20:07

Andy wrote:
chloexxx wrote:http://www.imosh.com/DOGCOLLARS.htm

like that

Oooooooo, I like them!!

Tongues Laughing

Nooooo Surprised !! Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Jan 25 2012, 20:17

You do know I was jokin dont ya Janester ??? Wink
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 25 2012, 20:18

Wink well, what ever floats your boat Sir Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 25 2012, 20:48

chloexxx wrote:We need answers for the overbreeding first... And we need to stop people using free ads ...

They advertise staffy for sale 200 pound, people go loverly litter buy a pup.. 6 month later they discover its a cross and don't want it..

I would never do that its not the pups fault, and i would keep it anyway but some would not
I would be very upset if I paid for a staff and got a jack russel.... This happens all the time and it needs to stop now !!

Youve made some great points there applause
If anyone asks me about a puppy then I would only advise getting a health tested kc registered puppy one that has been bred with the opinion of bettering the breed, not one to make money for the owner kc reg too are not out of this equasion.
Other than that I would encourage to rescue a needy dog
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:15