well some good news about blade thank god

+4
Kathy
dave g
Ben
scott61985
8 posters

Go down

well some good news about blade thank god Empty well some good news about blade thank god

Post by scott61985 Tue Jan 10 2012, 16:28

well i got blade booked in at vets on thursday 8.45 thank god pulling my hair out ive had to borrow the money but i cant cope any longer with it. i cant go toliet without locking him i have to put him in cage when iam cooking i cant have my back turned. i hope this sorts his attuide out because his getting to big for his boots. hopfully will calm him down and stop him peeing everywhere all time bye bye nuts lol
scott61985
scott61985
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

well some good news about blade thank god Empty Re: well some good news about blade thank god

Post by Ben Tue Jan 10 2012, 16:30

I think it sounds like it is for the best. All the best to Blade!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

well some good news about blade thank god Empty Re: well some good news about blade thank god

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 16:31

Well all I can say is Jethro and Winston have both been done... and it is the best thing I ever did!

Be a brave boy for daddy Blade!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 16:37

I think you've done the right thing. He will be much better for it, and both you and Zena will, too! Laughing

How many people on here thought I'd ever say something like that about neutering! Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 16:40

^^ haha

awww its for you own good blade! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Tue Jan 10 2012, 17:28

Bye Bye plums.... rolling on the floor
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 10 2012, 17:58

You've done the right thing Scott don't worry it will soon all be over, must be a weight off you're shoulders.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 10 2012, 18:40

Certainly agree you have done the right thing. Hope things settle for you soon, must be hardwork looking after two sexes with one in season...I found it hard enough fending off strays from Tinkerbell but at least at home I had a break from it! You have done so well to get this far though, so good job!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:00

Best of luck and I hope all goes well.

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:02

it is hard iam not getting much sleep because his crying all night. iam at the end of my teather lol. need a break soon zena been a good girl but blade dam need eyes at the back of my head. he just wont listen. will blade come out the same day or is it a stay over job
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:46

scott61985 wrote:it is hard iam not getting much sleep because his crying all night. iam at the end of my teather lol. need a break soon zena been a good girl but blade dam need eyes at the back of my head. he just wont listen. will blade come out the same day or is it a stay over job

It's hard, I know - been there!

He'll come out the same day & feel a bit sorry for himself till he's had a good night's sleep. Don't expect miracles overnight, though. It'll take a little while for the testosterone to leave his system, and you will still have to keep them apart! At least the night he comes home he should be too tired to bother!

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:56

ah so pleased for you,hope all goes well for him Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 10 2012, 22:01

Caryll wrote:I think you've done the right thing. He will be much better for it, and both you and Zena will, too! Laughing

How many people on here thought I'd ever say something like that about neutering! Surprised

Ive just chocked on my brew with the shock Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously to have a intact male and female at this time is hard work to say the least and you dont realise how hard it is on the dog Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11 2012, 00:41

Caryll wrote:I think you've done the right thing. He will be much better for it, and both you and Zena will, too! Laughing

I am in shock!! Laughing XXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11 2012, 10:49

gem wrote:

Seriously to have a intact male and female at this time is hard work to say the least and you dont realise how hard it is on the dog Sad

vanessa wrote:

Ok, ok, don't rub it in! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11 2012, 11:58

Caryll wrote:
gem wrote:

vanessa wrote:

Ok, ok, don't rub it in! Laughing

:> i dont think i need say anything else lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11 2012, 12:34

blaze wrote:
:> i dont think i need say anything else lol

Humph! Tongues Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Jan 12 2012, 14:16

Well blade went in this morning had a fonecall of vets his doing well bless him do happy his ok. Zena has just slept all day lol
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 14:35

Bet you were relieved to get that phone call.. yes for a boy the operation is really quite simple..sending him a big cuddle for when he gets home!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 14:37

Great to hear that he is doing OK. Zena probably enjoyed the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 15:41

Glad he's doing well. Is he home yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by flame Thu Jan 12 2012, 16:59

GLad you got things sorted, sending blade mine and Rivers love Love Struck
flame
flame
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
well some good news about blade thank god Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : River
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Jan 12 2012, 18:50

blade all home and settled in his not happy with the daft coller thing on its way to big for him thought about cutting a bit out so he can get a drink. put heating for him so its warm but exta bedding in for him. just worried his not drinking any water

well some good news about blade thank god Blade10
well some good news about blade thank god Img_2010

well some good news about blade thank god Img_2011

well some good news about blade thank god Img_2012

scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Jan 12 2012, 19:55

Awww bless him. Hope he perks up soon for you. If he can't drink with it on then feel free to pull it off whilst he eats and has some drink. When you are watching him he won't have to wear it but you will have to keep a close eye on him so he doesn't get at his stitches.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Jan 12 2012, 19:55

ah bless him,he looks so sorry for him self Sad .glad its all over for you,he should be ok tomorrow,dont know to much about the male op but when sasha had her's she just wanted to sleep when she got home,did'nt eat or drink till the next day sending him big hugs >Big Grin<
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 19:56

Glad he is home. Probably cannot drink because of the collar. I had to cut Tyson's down as it kept triping him up. You can cut a good few inches off with a sharp pair of kitchen scissors without too much hassle.

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Jan 12 2012, 20:25

Ive cut a inch and a bit off just a bit passed his nose he can drink now and his eat some scarmbled egg.
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Jan 12 2012, 20:31

i cant belive it his running about chasing zena because zena is scared of the plastic thing and his sniffing her bum i dont get his got no nuts left lol
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jan 12 2012, 20:35

Hi Scott, glad to hear all when well for Blade. They really put us parents through hell sometimes don't they.

Hopefully you can now get a good nights sleep. If you don't get proper rest you won't be strong enough to cope with things. I know nag, nag but you know it 's true. I must sound like someones mother,sorry about that. I guess I just care about people can't help it please forgive me.

Take care and keep us informed on how things are going.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Jan 12 2012, 23:10

How long does it take for his Testosterone levels to drop
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jan 12 2012, 23:23

They differ and can take a couple of months so glad everything went well for him >Big Grin<
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jan 12 2012, 23:53

Good job and looks like he will be great. I hate those cone things as well, but they get used to them after a few days. Like Gem says, it will take a bit for his testoterone to drop. It varies but can be as long as 12 weeks. Some things are in the head and not the balls though... Big Grin
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 15:22

aww doesn't he look sad with his collar on. Although the vets gave me a collar for Winston he didn't wear it and was a good boy and didn't chew his stitches.
Yes the vet told me it can take 2 to 3 months for some male dogs to get rid of all their testosterone....the countdown begins!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Sat Jan 14 2012, 13:17

Do they take the balls out because it doesnt look like it iam sure they have only cut his pipes. I thought one of reasons getting it done so they wont get testicular cancer.
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 13:23

It can take a while for the skin to shrink back. If you're not sure which proceedure they've used, just give them a ring. They really should have told you beforehand though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2012, 08:34

Oh I missed this Scott, glad all went well with Blade. thumbs up

I was actually wondering how you were coping with Zena's season and that's when I saw this post.

You've done well with managing the whole situation, hopefully you are all getting some well deserved rest at last. Big hugs for trying so hard to do the right thing for your dogs. >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Mon Jan 16 2012, 12:34

its been hard its been hard for a few months its been one thing after another. i had to get him done was best for him i dont want to breed him i dont want unwanted pups and its going to be better for his future i know some people frown on it but everybody has different views. zena is next but iam waiting a couple of month for that. thanks to all the members what have helped me its been a real help
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down