The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!)

+5
Lou&percy :)
Kathy
PygmyParrot
Steve
janey
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Empty The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!)

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 21:56

Thought I'd share some pics of the animals I get to work around! Love Struck

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Starthellama-1
This is Star, our resident foul-tempered Llama! See the lovely way she 'smiles' at you?

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Grumpystar
Star again, with her ears back and glaring!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Sleepyferret
Sleepy little ferret!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Rufus
Rufus the big fish!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Rheafeedingtime
Greedy Rheas!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Meerkatfeeding
Meerkats. They look so cute... until you see them eating... I dont want to s

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Littlehairpullers
This little monster likes to pull hair.

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Littledude2
Little Dude, the Bearded Dragon. Bless him - he has brain damage. Sad

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Leopardgecko
Leopard Gecko.

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Iguana
Quarantined iguanas - very grumpy!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Herbythehornytortoise
The bigger one is Herby - he's... somewhat frisky with the lady tortoises!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Handlingjupiter
Jupiter, the Pine Snake!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Haltertraininggoats
Halter training the goats. Not. Fun. Straight Face

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Grumpysnake
Our resident grumpy Boa Constrictor! He enjoys hissing, slithering and biting people in the face.

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) George
George the chameleon. He's cute. Big Grin

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Feedingwallaby
Wallaby feeding - probably the cutest animals there!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Eartagging
Except for the calves. They didn't like being ear tagged!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Chileanrose
Chilean Rose Tarantula. Thankfully, very slow and lazy!

Back to top Go down

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Empty Re: The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!)

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:02

Great photos - shame you couldn't have shown me at home!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Empty Re: The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!)

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:03

I should add that Star bit Eleanor! >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:03

Caryll wrote:Great photos - shame you couldn't have shown me at home!!! Laughing

You've already seen most of them! Big Grin And the results of me being bitten by most of them. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:05

Caryll wrote:I should add that Star bit Eleanor! >Smile
Oh, how I love the little darling. Hmph. Tongues

I should also add that the first picture (the smiling one) was taken as she prevented me from leaving the supply shed by standing right in front of the gate. phbbbbt

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:06

If I could turn back time................
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:11

janey wrote:
If I could turn back time................
I'll swap with you for a day! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:16

Try a month, you can be in charge of the mortgage & bills! Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:21

i would love to work a in a zoo with tiger, lions, wild dog or son on my prefect job Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:28

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Rufus

Surprised WANT!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:36

janey wrote:

Try a month, you can be in charge of the mortgage & bills! Xx
Maybe not. Big Grin I haven't a clue about mortgages and bills!

Steve wrote:i would love to work a in a zoo with tiger, lions, wild dog or son on my prefect job Smile
Same here. I love wild animals. Big Grin

Hayley wrote:The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Rufus

Surprised WANT!!!
He's a cutie, isn't he? Big Grin
Looks like he's dying, though, which is sad... Sad He's had a form of scale rot just behind his head for quite some time and it's spreading. Not sure exactly how old he is, but he's over thirty!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:40

Aw that's not fair, I want to work with all the animals Sad I envy you, but great pictures Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:49

Great pics, you must have a lot of fun everyday Laughing And yay!! You have wallabies Laughing some of our cuter ozzy animals Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:51

ANattyRat wrote:Aw that's not fair, I want to work with all the animals Sad I envy you, but great pictures Big Grin

From what I can make out, most of the time she's up to her elbows in sh1t! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 23:47

What's with the gloves Wink LOVE the pine snake!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 02:25

Look like a great place to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 05:01

ella wrote:What's with the gloves Wink LOVE the pine snake!

They have to wear them. I think it's to avoid cross contamination, but I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Nov 22 2012, 09:10

Lovely pictures Eleanor...I mushed at the ferret (we had one called Split for years she was a beaut, would love to have some again one day I love them!)
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Nov 22 2012, 10:55

There's a good selection of animals there, where is it??
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 11:19

Moulton College, Northampton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 11:53

ANattyRat wrote:Aw that's not fair, I want to work with all the animals Sad I envy you, but great pictures Big Grin
It is fun, I'll admit. I prefer the animals to the people!

Kat75 wrote:Great pics, you must have a lot of fun everyday Laughing And yay!! You have wallabies Laughing some of our cuter ozzy animals Big Grin
We have albino wallabies, as well! Big Grin

Caryll wrote:
I'll send you a goat! Tongues

From what I can make out, most of the time she's up to her elbows in sh1t! Laughing Laughing
Pretty much. Big Grin Amongst other disgusting secretions!

Gloves have to be worn when the indoor animals are being handled, to prevent cross contamination. Also have to sanitise the gloves between handling each animal. The tortoises have RNS at the moment, so it's even more important that we don't pass it on to the other animals.

The pine snake is one of the nicer snakes. Tongues She'll be happy with what ever you do to her. It's the Boa you have to look out for. whew!

jstaff wrote:Look like a great place to work
It is! Smile Even the theory isn't too bad.

Caryll wrote:

They have to wear them. I think it's to avoid cross contamination, but I could be wrong.
Corrrrrrrect! Big Grin

PygmyParrot wrote:Lovely pictures Eleanor...I mushed at the ferret (we had one called Split for years she was a beaut, would love to have some again one day I love them!)
Aww. The ferrets are a lot of fun. A couple are a little temperamental, though! Tongues

kathytake2 wrote:There's a good selection of animals there, where is it??

Caryll wrote:Moulton College, Northampton.

What she said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 12:16

Looks like a great place to work, I would love to work with animals. Brilliant pics Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 12:21

i think the question was directed at eleanor caryll and she got a voice and a keyboard shame on you interfering parents rolling on the floor sorry caryll I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Thu Nov 22 2012, 12:36

Wow, amazing pics Big Grin

Lou&percy :)
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Percy
Dog(s) Ages : 22 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 14:34

bigwazza wrote:

i think the question was directed at eleanor caryll and she got a voice and a keyboard shame on you interfering parents rolling on the floor sorry caryll I dont want to s

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 17:23

Eleanor wrote:
It is fun, I'll admit. I prefer the animals to the people!

Kat75 wrote:Great pics, you must have a lot of fun everyday Laughing And yay!! You have wallabies Laughing some of our cuter ozzy animals Big Grin
We have albino wallabies, as well! Big Grin

Caryll wrote:
I'll send you a goat! Tongues

Pretty much. Big Grin Amongst other disgusting secretions!

Gloves have to be worn when the indoor animals are being handled, to prevent cross contamination. Also have to sanitise the gloves between handling each animal. The tortoises have RNS at the moment, so it's even more important that we don't pass it on to the other animals.

The pine snake is one of the nicer snakes. Tongues She'll be happy with what ever you do to her. It's the Boa you have to look out for. whew!

jstaff wrote:Look like a great place to work
It is! Smile Even the theory isn't too bad.

Caryll wrote:

Corrrrrrrect! Big Grin

PygmyParrot wrote:Lovely pictures Eleanor...I mushed at the ferret (we had one called Split for years she was a beaut, would love to have some again one day I love them!)
Aww. The ferrets are a lot of fun. A couple are a little temperamental, though! Tongues

kathytake2 wrote:There's a good selection of animals there, where is it??

What she said!

Just thought i'd mention snakes and T's aren't usually very happy about being handled by rubber gloves, they don't understand the texture. Which is why i don't use them on mine and use an antibacterial handwash instead.

Also if you get a pissy snake they are more likely to bite with rubber gloves on!

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Nov 22 2012, 17:38

your very lucky ,i'm not jealous though liar . Is Star getting ready to spit at the camera in the 2nd pic? i would love the animals in the pictures all living in my back garden Big Grin except for spitty ones lol
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 17:50

Lovely animals Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:29

ella wrote:

Just thought i'd mention snakes and T's aren't usually very happy about being handled by rubber gloves, they don't understand the texture. Which is why i don't use them on mine and use an antibacterial handwash instead.

Also if you get a pissy snake they are more likely to bite with rubber gloves on!
The snakes in the RC are only ever handled with the latex gloves, so they've gotten accustomed somewhat to it. It isn't ideal and would be better for the temper of the snake to go without gloves, but with all the reptiles in the room, health and safety is a huge concern, particularly with the outbreak of RNS. All gloves should be thrown away after a session, sanitised between each handling, et cetera. It's a pain! Tongues

dave742 wrote:your very lucky ,i'm not jealous though liar . Is Star getting ready to spit at the camera in the 2nd pic? i would love the animals in the pictures all living in my back garden Big Grin except for spitty ones lol
I think the picture was taken just before she started working up a gob of spit. Big Grin She makes a very odd noise just before she spits at you!

Lisa & Cairo wrote:Lovely animals Smile
I think so too. Very interesting! Smile

Might be training the Asian Palm Civet tomorrow, so I'll post pictures if I do! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Excited!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:43

Eleanor wrote:
ella wrote:

The snakes in the RC are only ever handled with the latex gloves, so they've gotten accustomed somewhat to it. It isn't ideal and would be better for the temper of the snake to go without gloves, but with all the reptiles in the room, health and safety is a huge concern, particularly with the outbreak of RNS. All gloves should be thrown away after a session, sanitised between each handling, et cetera. It's a pain! Tongues

haha I get it don't worry Smile definitely a pain!

A pine snake is another snake i'd like to add to my lot at some point along with a bull snake! gorgeous animals Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:45

ella wrote:
Eleanor wrote:
ella wrote:

haha I get it don't worry Smile definitely a pain!

A pine snake is another snake i'd like to add to my lot at some point along with a bull snake! gorgeous animals Smile
The Pine Snake is definitely one of my favourites. How many snakes do you have? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:53

currently have 23 Smile 2 more reserved for next summer and hopefully within the next 2 or 3 years will be setting up a breeding program for the black ratsnakes

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:59

Hi there wave
Your so lucky to work with animals must say it was my dream job if I could start again I would love to have been a vet or something similar.
Im enjoying the series of Rolf harris ive been lucky enough to visit leighhurst a few times my freinds horse was there a couple of weeks ago, they are amazing the vets there.
Keep the pics and stories coming Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Thu Nov 22 2012, 19:14

Love the pics thanks, you have a wonderful job, love the pic of the ferret i used to keep and breed them so it brought back some happy memory's for me thank you so much for sharing Smile
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 21:13

ella wrote:currently have 23 Smile 2 more reserved for next summer and hopefully within the next 2 or 3 years will be setting up a breeding program for the black ratsnakes
Wow, that's a lot! They must take some looking after! Smile

gem wrote:Hi there wave
Your so lucky to work with animals must say it was my dream job if I could start again I would love to have been a vet or something similar.
Im enjoying the series of Rolf harris ive been lucky enough to visit leighhurst a few times my freinds horse was there a couple of weeks ago, they are amazing the vets there.
Keep the pics and stories coming Big Grin
I'll make sure I keep updating! Tongues Working with animals is my dream job, as well. Can't get enough of them (as my mum will tell you - I was a pain around animals when I was younger)!

mickgill wrote:Love the pics thanks, you have a wonderful job, love the pic of the ferret i used to keep and breed them so it brought back some happy memory's for me thank you so much for sharing Smile
Ferrets are amazing animals. We have a couple of albinos who like to curl up in people's pockets! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 21:15

Found some more photos on my phone. Enjoy! >Smile

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) DSC00085
Herbie having his way with his lady friend. She hates him. Really. Straight Face I feel quite sorry for her!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) DSC00006
A little blurry, but that's a Pygmy Marmoset. Small enough to sit on your finger. Big Grin Love Struck

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) DSC00014
Little Collared Lizard. Very hard to catch! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 21:22

Eleanor wrote:
ella wrote:currently have 23 Smile 2 more reserved for next summer and hopefully within the next 2 or 3 years will be setting up a breeding program for the black ratsnakes
Wow, that's a lot! They must take some looking after! Smile

actually not really! I also have 3 leo's, 2 cresties, 3 hedgehogs, T's, toads, hamsters and the 2 boys Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 05:29

Great Pics!!

Caryll wrote:

Laughing
Some days after a hards work, it's best to come home and give your mum a big cuddle >Big Grin< .......then get a wash Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23 2012, 09:30

Eleanor wrote:I'll make sure I keep updating! Tongues Working with animals is my dream job, as well. Can't get enough of them (as my mum will tell you - I was a pain around animals when I was younger)!

School trips were a nightmare when Eleanor was in Primary school - I always had to tell the teachers to keep a strict eye on her - keep her away from water (she would always go in!) and watch her like a hawk when there are dogs around because she would just go to stroke them! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 15:04

ella wrote:

actually not really! I also have 3 leo's, 2 cresties, 3 hedgehogs, T's, toads, hamsters and the 2 boys Wink
Quite the collection!

Caryll wrote:

Laughing
Some days after a hards work, it's best to come home and give your mum a big cuddle >Big Grin< .......then get a wash Big Grin
After the dog has given you a thorough and very suspicious sniffing attack! Tongues

Caryll wrote:

School trips were a nightmare when Eleanor was in Primary school - I always had to tell the teachers to keep a strict eye on her - keep her away from water (she would always go in!) and watch her like a hawk when there are dogs around because she would just go to stroke them! Laughing
True, true. I made life exciting! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Empty Good news! :D

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 15:08

Three new little arrivals - twin Marmoset babies and a little meerkat cub have been born!

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Marmosetyoung
Here are the little Marmosets. I'll be training one of them soon. Will be posting pictures! Big Grin

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) Meerkatyoung
Little Meerkat cub. The others rarely let him out of the heated room and into the rest of the enclosure, so we don't often see him. He's tiny! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24 2012, 16:08

Big Grin super cute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 19:38

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) 704036_496712490349752_1968392152_o
Little Dude posing for the camera! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 20:24

Eleanor wrote:The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) 704036_496712490349752_1968392152_o
Little Dude posing for the camera! Big Grin

Big Grin great pic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30 2012, 20:25

Thanks. Big Grin He's proud of his big beard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:18

The joys of working with animals! (pic heavy!) 391885_4630712973431_699979286_n
My gorgeous baby, Jupiter! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:57

Eleanor wrote:Found some more photos on my phone. Enjoy! >Smile

Herbie having his way with his lady friend. She hates him. Really. Straight Face I feel quite sorry for her!

So thats the horny finger breaker lol. They must be married if she hates him Laughing
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:06

dave742 wrote:
Eleanor wrote:Found some more photos on my phone. Enjoy! >Smile

So thats the horny finger breaker lol. They must be married if she hates him Laughing

That's the one! And it's an open relationship - the other male has a go with her even more than Herbie does! Big Grin

My fingers are fine now, thankfully! Smile Just in time for my commercial duties week! Only on my first day and I'm exhausted! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:09

Surprised you posting animal porn I dont want to s

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:14

Steve wrote: Surprised you posting animal porn I dont want to s

yes she got the video posted on youtube but with them being tortoise its 9hours long Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next