stiofan
Ben
harlou
Tyler&megsmum
Kathy
maria0077
10 posters

Go down

Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack Empty Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack

Post by maria0077 Wed Jan 04 2012, 12:34

Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack

Four sheep have died and another 15 were injured after being savaged by a dog at a farm in Angus.

The dog, thought to be a Staffordshire bull terrier, attacked the sheep in a field at Newbarns Farm, Inverkeillor, at 12:30 on Tuesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-16408702

maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack Empty Re: Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 12:37

....thought to be? I take it nobody's sure?

First they say Staffordshire Bull Terrier, then they say Bull Terrier, then they say a large brown dog! Let's face it, although powerful, a staff cannot be termed 'large'!

Jumping to conclusions again, by the sound of it!

Back to top Go down

Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack Empty Re: Four sheep killed in Staffordshire bull terrier attack

Post by maria0077 Wed Jan 04 2012, 12:45

at wits end
I know... I think that most of dogs would go for a sheep, chase them at least, so the header should have been "Irresponsible owner of a dog caused 4 sheep killed".
sigh
maria0077
maria0077

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jan 04 2012, 14:57

Caryll that's exactly was I was going to say. Why do they always make assumptions before they have all the facts.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler&megsmum Wed Jan 04 2012, 15:37

Thought to be,in other words we don't have a clue but we will blame the Stafford Rolling Eyes
Tyler&megsmum
Tyler&megsmum
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyler & Meg
Dog Gender(s) : Dog & bitch
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Wed Jan 04 2012, 15:47

Typical crappy press blame everything on staffys! what next staffys cause global debt problem?
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jan 04 2012, 15:48

harlou wrote:Typical crappy press blame everything on staffys! what next staffys cause global debt problem?

Now now, don't give them ideas
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 16:27

Well at least this time they didnt print the google images libery picture of the snarling pitbull they always use

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 16:36

Staffys often get the blame here too.. it is always a staffy cross or a staffy type... half the time it comes out in the end it was a completely different breed!
Someone's dog got attacked the other day, I was listening on the radio, and the dog that did it was described as solid..so they said oh it must have been a staffy. I have seen alot of solid dogs over the years that aren't staffys!..Morons!!

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Wed Jan 04 2012, 16:48

The only thing Olly is aggresive with is my slippers just had to buy another pair today !
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Jan 04 2012, 21:58

Yep, staffies are the reason for the global credit crisis and recession. Keep breeding and global warming will burn us all up. Load of crap reporting.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Wed Jan 04 2012, 23:54

My local paper reported this , the dog was taken by the police so it should have been easy to find out if it was a staffy.The picture used beside the article was of a beautiful black staffy.In the same article they then mention two yorkshire terriers aged around 13yrs old who were attacked by two larger dogs on xmas eve and had their necks and backs broken. Again the two larger dogs are in the dog pound and a man has been charged under the dangerous dog act but no mention of what type they are. All of this is next to the picture of the lovely black staffy.
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 16:29

stiofan wrote:My local paper reported this , the dog was taken by the police so it should have been easy to find out if it was a staffy.The picture used beside the article was of a beautiful black staffy.In the same article they then mention two yorkshire terriers aged around 13yrs old who were attacked by two larger dogs on xmas eve and had their necks and backs broken. Again the two larger dogs are in the dog pound and a man has been charged under the dangerous dog act but no mention of what type they are. All of this is next to the picture of the lovely black staffy.

angry

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Thu Jan 05 2012, 17:14

This was today's paper with pic of the actual dog http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Angus/article/20125/hunt-for-owner-after-dog-kills-four-sheep-in-savage-angus-attack.html it takes up a third of the front page
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jan 05 2012, 22:44

Hope they find the owner and severly punish them if the dog was under control this could not have happened Crying or Very sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Mon Jan 09 2012, 23:13

The local paper is still running articles related to this. Two page spread today including rescue guy suggesting that it's to late to save staffies and they should be stopped from breeding.Also a local dog trainer saying staffies have a very high prey drive?. The local dog trainer is the one who's class made me so uncomfortable that i took my dog home half way through, she was charged under the dangerous dog act after one of her seven off lead dogs jumped into a garden and killed a cat. Strange person to quote in the paper.
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 23:23

stiofan wrote:This was today's paper with pic of the actual dog http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Angus/article/20125/hunt-for-owner-after-dog-kills-four-sheep-in-savage-angus-attack.html it takes up a third of the front page

Well, it's definitely a staff, unfortunately. I bet they won't find the owner - nobody's going to own up to having the dog dangerously out of control. Sad

stiofan wrote: Two page spread today including rescue guy suggesting that it's to late to save staffies and they should be stopped from breeding.Also a local dog trainer saying staffies have a very high prey drive?. The local dog trainer is the one who's class made me so uncomfortable that i took my dog home half way through, she was charged under the dangerous dog act after one of her seven off lead dogs jumped into a garden and killed a cat. Strange person to quote in the paper.

Too late? Too late for what? It's people like him that continue to give staffs a bad name, when even the RSPCA agree that the breed itself is a good one!

Staffs don't have a very high prey drive at all. Or at least, no higher than many other breeds & far less than, say, a Border Terrier which will not only chase & kill, but will also eat their catch!

Strange indeed! But it makes good press.

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Mon Jan 09 2012, 23:48

It really pisses me off! i wrote to the letters page before saying it would be so easy to contact the SSPCA and Kennel Club etc and write a well informed article but i imagine that e-mail didn't get far. My past dogs have been boarder terriers and lurchers , the staffies are not nearly as interested in "prey". It always amazes me that people seem to think staffies only appeared when numpties and thugs took an interest in the breed.
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20 2012, 00:27

Meh, poor dog. poor sheep. poor farmer. poor breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Fri Jan 20 2012, 05:52

That little cutey killed four sheep and wounded others? I don't buy it. Evil is afoot.
Do you guys have wolves over there? I am thinking that this noble staffy came to the aid of these sheep and had it not been for him there would be no survivors.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Caitlin&Roxie Fri Jan 20 2012, 11:02

^^ this comment is brilliant! i fully support your theory. Smile
Caitlin&Roxie
Caitlin&Roxie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxie
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 07:30

the press is only interested in sensationalised reporting.
(probably spelt wrong u know what i mean)
It isnt about the truth its about selling papers.
They dont report every sheep killed or child bitten just the ones about certain breeds. Its the nature of the beast. I feel your pain people but if your wanting fairness your gonna be waiting aloooooooong time.
Like a fat kid at school our dogs are allways gonna be singled out and picked on. Its been that way since the dawn of time and will be that way for ever more. The press prey on the average citizans uninformed fear.

3000 members is alot of responsible dog owners. Maybe something can be done as a colective to help change the hearts and minds of people. I mean isnt that alot of staffys that arnt dangerous or killers of sheep or bitters of children?

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Tue Jan 24 2012, 10:46

So if if it's large and brown, it must be a staffy -.-
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 10:55

iamsarge wrote:
Like a fat kid at school our dogs are allways gonna be singled out and picked on. Its been that way since the dawn of time and will be that way for ever more. The press prey on the average citizans uninformed fear.

3000 members is alot of responsible dog owners. Maybe something can be done as a colective to help change the hearts and minds of people. I mean isnt that alot of staffys that arnt dangerous or killers of sheep or bitters of children?

It's strange, but when I first got involved with staffs, there wasn't anywhere near the hysteria about them that there is now. It's all down to the numptys who decided it was 'the breed' to own & get street cred.

I think most people on this forum are doing their level best to educate others about the breed. But the press don't care about the good ones. They don't sell newspapers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 23:19

this web site is a fine example of people that understand that in the right hands this breed is no more dangerous than ya nanas fox terrier.
We must be doing something right.
3000 like minded dog lovers.
3000 informed dog owners
3000 people that just love that staffy look.. their sense of humour their loving protective nature.
f*%k everyone else with their small minds and self opinionated bullsh*t
Keep your labs and your pointers and your chiwawawawawas im a staffman all the way. WOOFWOOF! thanks pickle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 02:51

iamsarge wrote:this web site is a fine example of people that understand that in the right hands this breed is no more dangerous than ya nanas fox terrier.
We must be doing something right.
3000 like minded dog lovers.
3000 informed dog owners
3000 people that just love that staffy look.. their sense of humour their loving protective nature.
f*%k everyone else with their small minds and self opinionated bullsh*t
Keep your labs and your pointers and your chiwawawawawas im a staffman all the way. WOOFWOOF! thanks pickle!

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down