Been for a job interview tonight and

+2
janey
Allison
6 posters

Go down

Been for a job interview tonight and  Empty Been for a job interview tonight and

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 18:50

I just had a phone call to say I was successful - its only a couple of hours per night cleaning but it fits in with family life and the pooches so all in all Im a happy bunny - I start tomorrow night Smile
Allison
Allison
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Been for a job interview tonight and  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke and Dhaysi
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Been for a job interview tonight and  Empty Re: Been for a job interview tonight and

Post by janey Tue Jan 03 2012, 18:54

Yay dance congrats hun. I used to clean a couple of hours a week, good money and fitted around my other job also!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Been for a job interview tonight and  Empty Re: Been for a job interview tonight and

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 18:59

Thanks Janey - I cleaned years ago and then started in the office as a Customer Services Assistant where I cleaned I have an office background but cleaned because of the kids then I got promoted a year later to a Customer Services Office but it was really really stressful - it was for a housing association and people were leaving and they werent getting replaced and the work load was horrendous so went back to cleaning but had terrible sciatica and couldnt walk without being in really bad pain and a cocktail of drugs which was about 18 months ago so Im glad to be back in the world of the working lol
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:03

Its great news! The guy I used to clean for had terminal cancer. I new him from the pub I ran, dear chap, not that old either. His mrs had passed the year before and he kinda gave up on life. I swear he only had me clean for a bit of company, and after my 2 hours was up we would always pop for a pint!

Bless him he died last year, never went back to cleaning after that. Soz a rather somber story!!

Your news is great, well done thumbs up

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:09

Congrats! Hope none of your pain returns.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:17

Good for you. That is very good news. Always a great feeling when returning to work after time of due to illness. I am hoping to retrain soon as a veterinary nurse after a long time suffering with back pain. Still have the pain but have to do something positive may as well be something I would like to do.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:22

Well done Big Grin I used to clean many years ago when my kids were little it fitted in with family life I really enjoyed it back then Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:25

Thanks peeps and good luck Kathy on the vet nursing - its a difficult job but extremely rewarding working in a vets
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:40

Yey, great news well done!

I used to clean in a boarding school a couple of hours a night when I was a student. all my mates snubbed me for cleaning, had the pee taken out of me badly. But at the end of the day a job is a job, and as good as any other. And like you say hours are good too, mine were 5-7pm but I was that good at cleaning, I got ask to work overtime too Big Grin Shame having kids and a house has made me now hate cleaning lol. I did really enjoy it though!

Kathy, I second that. Vet nursing is a fab job. I have actually been thinking lately about it, one of the practices I worked at on placements would have me back there. But not sure I can give up Uni after getting so far, would be a waste really. But since getting Tinkerbell, it's made me think again. Have you got any further with your planning of it?
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:42

Congrats and glad it will fit in without disrupting your schedule

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:44

Thanks Karen - this is just 5-7pm I used to do 18 hours at a large sofa store I loved it the people were amazing still keep in touch now and pop in from time to time but it was really heavy and it got to much so 2 hours per night Monday to Friday is going to be fab and as I dont drive I take the bus and my bus stops right outside the building and my bus home is straight opposite the building.

I start tomorrow night and will hopefully miss all the pandamonium as Newcastle United are playing so I will be coming home and my hubby and son will be going out lol
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:47

Thank you jstaff x
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 03 2012, 19:48

Hi Karen, so far have only just today contacted the RCVS for some further information. After speaking to Rockys vets was a little confused as they said that I should contact RCVS first, they said to contact vets first errrrr. Will await reply from RCVS to my enquiry. Will keep you updated, thanks for asking, nice to know you care Smile
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 20:04

Well done Allison good luck
thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 20:05

Thank you Lynne hun xx
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 20:30

fantastic wwell done really please for you dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 20:40

Congratulations Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 20:41

Thank you Alicia x
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 21:24

Fantastic! With the economy the way it is, any little helps!

I took on 3 hours of cleaning a week with the church in addition to the secretary's job. I had people coming up to me and saying some really hurtful things about 'status' etc - what a load of bol*ocks! It was a job, a bit of extra cash coming in, and had no stress attached! I actually enjoy it; peace & quiet, nobody with problems wanting solved for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 22:14

Well done Allison ! You can start with cleaning the slabs out my back garden Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 22:36

Thank you and I still say to people 'oh Im just a cleaner' I worked for a large sofa store and loved it I really dont mind being a cleaner I have have had pretty high paid jobs but I took a £15,000 pay drop and became a cleaner because I ended up with depression from my Customer Services job

Maria Im on my way but cant promise much cleaning will be done but think alot of snuggles and cuddles with Monty will be lol
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 22:46

Oh Monty would love cuddles ! You are very welcome to them ! (after you've cleaned my slabs Laughing)

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Tue Jan 03 2012, 22:47

well it would be well worth it to have Monty cuddles Smile
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:45

Allison wrote:Thanks Karen - this is just 5-7pm I used to do 18 hours at a large sofa store I loved it the people were amazing still keep in touch now and pop in from time to time but it was really heavy and it got to much so 2 hours per night Monday to Friday is going to be fab and as I dont drive I take the bus and my bus stops right outside the building and my bus home is straight opposite the building.

I start tomorrow night and will hopefully miss all the pandamonium as Newcastle United are playing so I will be coming home and my hubby and son will be going out lol

I used to get the bus too, straight from lectures into the boarding school. It stopped righ outside too, and buses ran every 10 mins so it was fab. I loved my 2 hours, was a bit of breathing space at the end of the day and dare I say it, I found it relaxing too! So different to cleaning your own house though Laughing

kathytake2 wrote:Hi Karen, so far have only just today contacted the RCVS for some further information. After speaking to Rockys vets was a little confused as they said that I should contact RCVS first, they said to contact vets first errrrr. Will await reply from RCVS to my enquiry. Will keep you updated, thanks for asking, nice to know you care Smile

Fantastic, at least you are making small steps to get there. I'm not sure who you are supposed to contact. I did mine through the uni so they were my contact, but I had to arrange summer 10 week block placements myself. All placements on the course were arranged by the uni, but because my summer one was 400 miles away back at home I had to arrange that myself. Let me know what they say anyway, I'll be interested to hear how you get on!

Caryll wrote:Fantastic! With the economy the way it is, any little helps!

I took on 3 hours of cleaning a week with the church in addition to the secretary's job. I had people coming up to me and saying some really hurtful things about 'status' etc - what a load of bol*ocks! It was a job, a bit of extra cash coming in, and had no stress attached! I actually enjoy it; peace & quiet, nobody with problems wanting solved for them.

I also enjoyed my cleaning job, I worked on my own in the reception part of the school. I'd spent the 2 hours busy cleaning, thinking and enjoying the peace too. I really hate the way cleaners get stigmatised, at the end of the day like you say it's a job which needs to be done and is actually quite enjoyable! I too had a load of stick from my student mates but it suited me down to the ground!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 09:57

Congrats Allison

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:11

Thank you Lynne x
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down