Bernie - Rehomed

Go down

Bernie - Rehomed  Empty Bernie - Rehomed

Post by kilmousk Sat Dec 31 2011, 16:59

Bernie is a 12 month old crossbreed (we believe he is beagle cross staffie) and is currently on foster in Llanbradach, South Wales .

The Bernie Fact File
Dog status: Bernie will be looking for a new home as the only dog
Cat status: Will chase, can not be rehomed with cats
Child status: Good, could be rehomed with children over the age of 8 years
House training: Good
Home alone: Good for short periods and is crate trained. Not suitable for full time workers.
Basic training: Knows the basics and has excellent recall off lead. He is an intelligent dog who would relish further training.

Bernie - Rehomed  Bernie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fit and active young lad WLTM similar family for fun and adventure. Must have a GSOH and ability to open a bonio box (opposable thumbs a bonus in this department). Enjoys long walks, snoozing by the fire and learning new things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody, Bernie here. I am on a quest to find myself a new family. I want to tell you a little about myself to see if we might be a good match for each other.
I am a social guy and I love to meet new people, once I know someone I will be the most loving and loyal friend they have ever had. You can't get rid of me once you have earnt my trust I would like an adult only home or somewhere with older children who can play and run around with me but are not so small that I may accidentally knock them over. I did once have scary time with a very small child which unnerved me but I have not shown any sign of this being repeated.

Bernie - Rehomed  Bernie2

I am a bit of a 'lone wolf' when it comes to being around other dogs. I have doggy friends but I can take or leave them really and I am looking for a new home where I will be the only dog. There are times when I do not see eye to eye with a dog that I meet and I can have a short temper. This is something I need help to work on and I would like a new owner who will take me to training and help me to learn to be a bit more social. It is not my fault you see, I led a sheltered life for a while and was not taken out and about. This means I get worried about being around other dogs and instead of retreating I put on a big blustery display so that the other dog might leave me well alone. I like to think I am a bright lad (not that I am bragging) so hope that we can work through it.

I have learnt some basic commands (as I have found these to be an excellent way to get treats from my human foster carers). I also walk nicely on the lead next to them as long as I am not too excited (weeeellll, I am only 12 months old after all). I like to have a run around off the lead to explore new sniff, I have been told I may have some beagle breeding so I like to test this theory and get out there amongst the wonderful sniffs. I am a very good boy though and come back when called. I will be looking for a new home who are active and will make sure I get out for fun, varied walks.

I have been left on my own by my foster family for up to 4 hours and they have introduced me to my very own little den in the form of a crate. I like tucking myself up in my crate and will settle down to snooze after a while. That being said, I consider myself to be more of a people person and would not like to be left alone while my new owners work full time. I know it suits some dogs but I am not sure it would be for me.

If you like what you have read and you would like the chance to come to meet me in the flesh please get in touch with my personal secretary Heather (also known as the rehoming coordinator) at dogs@hoperescue.org.uk. She can see if we will be a match made in heaven.

Taking Bernie to training classes or one to one training sessions will be a requirement of his adoption.

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and microchipped prior to rehoming. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK. A Pre-Home Interest Form can be downloaded from www.hoperescue.org.uk and should be returned to dogs@hoperescue.org.uk

Last edited by kilmousk on Mon Mar 05 2012, 07:07; edited 1 time in total
kilmousk
kilmousk
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Rescue Supporter

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Bernie - Rehomed  Empty Re: Bernie - Rehomed

Post by kilmousk Mon Feb 06 2012, 11:20

Bernie is a 12 month old crossbreed (definitely some Beagle in there!) currently in foster in Llanbradach.

The Bernie Fact File

Dog status: Generally good but very excitable when out.
Cat status: Not cat friendly
Child status: Good
House training: 100%
Home alone: Fine for up to 4 hours. Has been crate trained

Bernie - Rehomed  Bernie6

Bernie - Rehomed  Bernie7

Bernie is an extremely affectionate dog who is very people orientated. He was a little insecure when he first came here but is now a very confident dog, every now and then though he will still seek reassurance and won't leave your side.

He was initially very wary of other dogs and at times could be reactive, but over the last couple of months he has really improved and now loves to play and romp. His canine chums include a Rottie, a huge GSD, a Bullmastiff and a Yorkie - so large and small (even pesky puppies - see photos!). However, every now and then he will meet a dog he does not like so any introductions should be undertaken carefully.

Bernie - Rehomed  Bernie8

Bernie - Rehomed  Bernie9

His play is rather boisterous! Both with canine and human pals, so a home with children 8 plus would be preferred although dog younger savvy children will be considered. I think he would like a young human to keep him occupied and play fetch with. Any canine pals need to be able to take his tough, rough and tumble play - be warned, it is also very vocal!

Bernie adores his walks and does get very excitable and vocal on the lead - this is still a work in progress and his new home will have to be prepared to spend time on further training. His recall is very good, although care should be taken when introducing him to other off lead dogs until he gets to know them. He is a very active dogs and will need a family who is also active.

Bernie - Rehomed  Bernie10

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and microchipped prior to rehoming. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK. A Pre-Home Interest Form can be downloaded from www.hoperescue.org.uk and should be returned to dogs@hoperescue.org.uk
kilmousk
kilmousk

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down