Bones..... the saga

Go down

Bones..... the saga Empty Bones..... the saga

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 14:04

So I trot down to the butcher and get a huge cow bone for Tyson. The butcher cuts it in half for me as it is for sure almost longer than he is. I give him a portion thinking he is going to go nuts. Ha. Took him about 5 minutes of sniffing before he gingerly carried it outside. I thought he would stay on the paving but no - right into the dirt he goes. I try and remove it to bring him back to the patio and he runs like game on.

Anyway he leaves the bone (which I cant see anywhere) and we go for our walk. Later, after dinner, Tyson returns inside with the blackest earthy object in his mouth. To my horror it was his bone which had been freshley dug up and was covered in black muddy soil. I could not face that mess all over so I turfed it. No more bones for Tyson unless he has them indoors where I can keep a full time eye and remove as and when. Surprised

The other half (tin can as reference for size)
Bones..... the saga Johann26

Last edited by Ty on Thu Dec 01 2011, 14:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added image)

Back to top Go down

Bones..... the saga Empty Re: Bones..... the saga

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 14:29

Laughing

we dont let billy bring bones in for that reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 17:45

i love the way he put it somewhere safe till later when he fancied it th Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 20:42

Laughing Laughing

That's one reason I don't give big bones to Dempsey! He gets the ones that can be crunched up & eaten - no mess, no waste!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Thu Dec 01 2011, 20:49

Laughing I love giving big bones/meals - but they're only allowed to eat in their crates (well - Bajas is well behaved enough to keep his food on a bed as well). If fed outside Gummi will do as follows: run to the bush by the door and bury the bone - run onto the grass - run back, dig the bone up, run to the middle of the grass and bury it again - then he runs to the bushes, back to where he buried it - digs it back up.. and so on.. Laughing
Aniemother
Aniemother
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01 2011, 21:04

Aniemother wrote: Gummi will do as follows: run to the bush by the door and bury the bone - run onto the grass - run back, dig the bone up, run to the middle of the grass and bury it again - then he runs to the bushes, back to where he buried it - digs it back up.. and so on.. Laughing

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down