Jumping and mouthing/biting

2 posters

Go down

Jumping and mouthing/biting Empty Jumping and mouthing/biting

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10 2011, 21:09

Okay... The Vlad is trying to dominate my husband by jumping and mouthing/biting. He doesn't really do it to me or anyone else, because I ignore it and tell him "OFF". My husband has been doing the same and baring his teeth at Vlad, and eventually he settles... is this the age they try it on? He is awesome with me. The other day he followed me around the house while I was cleaning up and every time I stopped he sat at my feet and looked up at me with his staffy smile and tongue hanging out! Total opposite with the husband LOL. Puppy school at the end of the month Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Jumping and mouthing/biting Empty Re: Jumping and mouthing/biting

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10 2011, 21:11

They do sometimes treat members of the house differently. You have to make sure everyone enforces the same rules the same way and the problem should correct itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca Thu Nov 10 2011, 22:03

I have the same problem but it is the other way around, my little boy respects my boyfriend but but jumps and mouths me, one little trick i use when out is i show him his muzzle and i would say 60% of the time he thinks oh oh and stops sits down and thinks not that horrible thing! ..... then again i think the same way too but i have to use it a little here in the city or else the police fine you a stupid amount but hey, i try to sneak around the streets with it attached to his lead and not on his cute little nose.. im still working on the other 40% in the house so any suggestions would be great i don't want to rely on muzzle threats especially in the house.
This is probably no help to you but its just to let you know others are going through the same thing.
Vlad is soooo cute!
Rebecca
Rebecca
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Cali
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Sat Nov 12 2011, 20:36

Sapphire does this but it's always in a playful sense. I caught on pretty quickly and she now knows 'No bting' but she only listenes to me when i say it, everyone else she ignores. She would do it with my kids but i started getting them to do training with her and she is fine with them now, my problem is our visitors. She gets excited and playful whch involves biting.
Maxien78
Maxien78
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sapphire
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content