janey
spuker1
scott
four leaf clover
8 posters

Go down

Upset :(  Empty Upset :(

Post by four leaf clover Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:06

Yesterday, my partners parents invited us to Sunday Lunch. So just before lunch time we left to go to their house. Seeing as I knew we wouldnt be back til around 6-6.30, I went and got each dog a bone to keep them occupied. I left Roxie (my little chi cross) indoors with her bone, Clover in the garden and I shut Diesel in the crate so that there would be no fights over bones. The crate is in the garage which u can access through my garden so that when I go out and want to leave the dogs outside, they can still go into their bed.

Anyway....as I said, Diesel was in the crate with his bone and a couple of toys. When I got home I found a note through my door saing...

THE DOG LOCKED UP IN THE CAGE IN YOUR GARAGE IS VERY DISTRESSED. IT HAS BEEN HOWLING ALL DAY.THIS IS CRUEL! THE RSPCA HAVE BEEN INFORMED AND WE HAVE A VERY LONG RECORDING OF THE DISTRESS YOU ARE CAUSING TO THIS POOR ANIMAL.I HOPE HE GETS TAKEN FROM YOU. YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!

Written in capitals and everything :S

Obviously this really upset me Sad I knocked around but noone would admit to writing the note and my next door neighbour said that the dog had barked intermittently during the afternoon but nothing that caused her to think anything was wrong.

The worrying thing is that for someone to know that he was in a crate, they would have had to have actually been in my garden.

I dont know what I should have done differently! I'm home with the dogs most of the time but I cant stay in 24/7! If i had left the crate open I would have been constantly worrying that Diesel and Clover would be squabbling over their bones.

I dont know what to do. I have had problems with several neighbours over various things and its starting to really get me down Sad
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Upset :(  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Upset :(  Empty Re: Upset :(

Post by scott Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:12

sod them who ever they are......

im sure if the rspca have in contacted about your dog,then when they do come round to check im sure they will see that every thing you are doing is fine...

then you can get them to give you a big sticker that you can put up for every one to see,saying the the welfare of the dogs is fine.....
scott
scott
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:17

What a complete b**tard! Didn't even have the guts to put a name to it!

I doubt very much if they've contacted the RSPCA - they wouldn't normally be that interested anyway, unless they had several complaints.

If I were you, I'd write a note, laminate it, & stick it to your garden gate (or wherever you think they had access from) "To whoever saw the need to tresspass on my property and upset my dogs: I have it on good authority that none of my dogs were howling at any time, and were probably only barking because you were on their property. The 'crate' you saw is not a 'cage' and is not cruel. However, if you wish, I will leave it open next time I go out, and when you tresspass again, you may well be chased off the premises by an angry dog. I have informed the police of the incident and they have said that they will keep an eye open for any future tresspassers."

They won't know that you haven't told the police.

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:37

Caryll wrote:What a complete b**tard! Didn't even have the guts to put a name to it!

I doubt very much if they've contacted the RSPCA - they wouldn't normally be that interested anyway, unless they had several complaints.

If I were you, I'd write a note, laminate it, & stick it to your garden gate (or wherever you think they had access from) "To whoever saw the need to tresspass on my property and upset my dogs: I have it on good authority that none of my dogs were howling at any time, and were probably only barking because you were on their property. The 'crate' you saw is not a 'cage' and is not cruel. However, if you wish, I will leave it open next time I go out, and when you tresspass again, you may well be chased off the premises by an angry dog. I have informed the police of the incident and they have said that they will keep an eye open for any future tresspassers."

They won't know that you haven't told the police.

applause applause applause

so well said....

I understand you're upset, how people can be so stupid!?
I agree with Caryll, don't think they really contacted RSPCA... if they did, you will have plenty of reasons to prove them your neighbours are wrong!
spuker1
spuker1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:45

Thanks guys for your support.

I actually just spoke to the RSPCA. I called them and they kindly called me back. They stated that they had no call relating to my property, and that even if the dog had barked constantly the whole time, then they would not get involved as long as the dog was safe, had water and shelter.

She said that these people sound either ignorant or just plain malicious! It's put my mind at ease a bit Smile It just makes me angry that someone would say these sort of things and not even have the guts to sign it so I could talk to them in person. Grrr
four leaf clover
four leaf clover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:49

four leaf clover wrote:Thanks guys for your support.

I actually just spoke to the RSPCA. I called them and they kindly called me back. They stated that they had no call relating to my property, and that even if the dog had barked constantly the whole time, then they would not get involved as long as the dog was safe, had water and shelter.

so glad to hear this! Smile
spuker1
spuker1

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:52

Cowards! I hate people who won't say what they think to your face!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 29 2011, 11:12

Sound like busy bodies, have people nothing else to worry about?!? I know it may have upset you at the time, but I really would just ignore the note, you know its not true and who the hell are they to comment and tresspass on your property! What muppets! Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 11:19

sounds more like they were more annoyed by the barking than they were by the welfare of diesel! .. they would have just wrote that for dramatic effect! .. COWARDS!!
Glad the RSPCA understood!

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Mon Aug 29 2011, 11:26

they probably know you're a good owner but they're annoyed with dogs barking so they used this trick because they knew this will work - accusing you of being irresponsible and cruel owner while you care about your dogs... it hurts a lot!
try and ignore them, especially now it's all clear that this was just empty words.
spuker1
spuker1

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 11:46

thats awful, I would be very upset too at the thought of someone believing I was cruel to my animals. at least you know and we all know that this is not the case, don't worry about those people, as long as you are doing what is right by your dogs, every thing will be fine

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Mon Aug 29 2011, 12:26

There's always one person with every dog I had that said there to skinny and that they would be reporting me lol.
You'll often find it's the one's with the poor trained overweight dogs that are like this.

I would keep an eye out and see if anyone goes back into your garden.
I'd feel violated knowing that someone was on my property and could take or hurt my dog.

Angry and jealous neighbours can do some silly and dangerous things.
Also keep a close eye on your doggy's. Big Grin
Staffy
Staffy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Mon Aug 29 2011, 13:21

Put it behind you and don't let it upset you any more. You know your dogs are loved and well cared for and that is all that matters.

You could put a notice up saying cctv cameras in operation, that should keep who ever it is out of your garden.

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 13:24

Caryll wrote:Cowards! I hate people who won't say what they think to your face!

My sentiments exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 13:39

Glad to hear that nothing came of it. I would still put up the sign that Caryll mentioned. You want them to know that you do not appreciate their trespassing and you are not messing around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 13:49

I'm Not surprised you were so upset, what an idiot. So glad that you know the RSPCA are not at all concerned and were never even contacted. I would do as Caryll advised and write that note, people have to understand that it is completely unacceptable to trespass on your property.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 15:12

OMG.....can't believe somebody enetered your property and did this. How rude.

Glad you rang the RSPCA to check and clear your mind of that empty/false statement they left in the note.

If I had an issue with a neighbours dog barking, I would be courteous enough to approach them personally in a friendly manner and just make them aware the dog is being a bit vocal. Most people would try to rectify any issues if approached in the right manner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 15:51

How rude!!
When I moved back to Adelaide from Queensland Kita was 3 yrs old and separated from the only life she knew. I had to work full time as rents were through the roof and I had to rent a house because I had a dog.
I had no idea she cried all day while I was gone until I was chatting to my neighbours about 2 months after moving there. They told me how sad they felt that they could not do anything more to comfort her other than chatting to her over the fence. I was mortified.
I think you have the sort of neighbours that don't tolerate anything upsetting their life and complain about anything that they don't like (much like my patients some days) thumbs down

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 16:06

neighbours are cowards. they will do things but will not admit to it. not the dogs but my son when he was 11 months was constipated and was crying. eventualy we sat him in a warm bath and let him go in there to releive the poor mite. anyway one of my neighbours heard the baby crying in distress and the following morning the NSPCC knocked on my door. i was 8 months pregnant at the time and the out come could have been early labour just because they didnt knock and ask me if all was ok with the little one. i let my feeling be known with the neighbours and told them all in no uncertain terms that i knew it was one of them and would never trust or be the same with them agin. i know they would rather be safe than sorry in both animal and children but its not the point it makes us feel like sh*t at the time

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Mon Aug 29 2011, 17:41

Thank you everyone for you kind words.

Ive had a scout round at the front my my property and there is nooooo way you can see into the garage without it being open (it was locked) or looking in from the other door which is in the garden. My partner would like to put a little web cam up and see if we can see anyone acting oddly. Sadly, I dont think I'll ever know who it was Sad

The lady from the RSPCA was very nice Smile
four leaf clover
four leaf clover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 29 2011, 18:36

Forget it, there not worth your worry. Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Mon Aug 29 2011, 21:45

dont let them get you down its just nosey neighbours who havent got owt better to do with there sad life
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 22:55

dont let it upset you or stop you doing things exactly as you have done them before

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Tue Aug 30 2011, 02:31

Put a note on your garden stating tresspassers will be prosecuted that should but the nosey buggers from coming In your garden! Smile
madeira264527
madeira264527
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content