Can two lady staffs be raised together

3 posters

Go down

Can two lady staffs be raised together Empty Can two lady staffs be raised together

Post by Rob Brookman Tue Oct 11 2022, 20:57

My son lives in an ajoining property to me and owns a 12 year old dog and a 1 year old bitch.
I have become so attached to the new puppy I would really like a bitch of my own. We have always had staffs and I'm worried about introducing a new girl to our family. I have been told having 2 girls together could be problematic.
Our older dog has had his bits off so there is no problem there and gets on well with the puppy.
It's 2 separate houses we live in so they can be separated but at the moment the puppy is my shadow and I would hate to upset her.
Could someone advise me please

Rob Brookman
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Can two lady staffs be raised together Empty Re: Can two lady staffs be raised together

Post by Caryll2 Tue Oct 11 2022, 21:57

Hi & welcome to the forum.

Yes, they can be raised together, but you'll need to be careful. Most girls will get along very well together. Just watch out for their seasons - bitches can react a bit when there's another bitch in season around them.
Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Can two lady staffs be raised together Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down

Can two lady staffs be raised together Empty Re: Can two lady staffs be raised together

Post by Rob Brookman Wed Oct 12 2022, 01:39

Thank you very much
I've just been a bit concerned on the play fighting our 2 do which never gets nasty they just like to play fight. I was wondering if two girls are likely to be the same. I just remembered somewhere reading 2 girls are more likely to get angry with each other. All dogs are different I know and thought I'd ask for experience

Rob Brookman

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sun Oct 16 2022, 21:17

Hi & welcome to the forum  wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

Can two lady staffs be raised together Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

Can two lady staffs be raised together Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Can two lady staffs be raised together Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Can two lady staffs be raised together Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Can two lady staffs be raised together Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Can two lady staffs be raised together Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
Can two lady staffs be raised together Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Can two lady staffs be raised together B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sun Oct 16 2022, 21:26

I have 3 girls at home so I would say yes, they can be raised together.
However I always operate with caution and set up each situation to win.
The girls are never together when I’m not at home - they are in their playpens, which they could technically easily jump out of, but they’ve been educated that their playpen is their own space when we’re out.

As long as you watch out and don’t hesitate to call time out if the play gets out of hand (when puppy is tired, for example), it then would depend on individual characters and if they “like each other” and get on.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Can two lady staffs be raised together B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down