New Member......

5 posters

Go down

New Member...... Empty New Member......

Post by Murphy77 Sat Jan 18 2020, 11:03

Hi Members, My name is Barb & I live in Bali Indonesia.....whilst I am new member I have been a Staffy owner for 2 decades.
Murphy’s Journey

Murphy was found wandering the back streets of Redfern Sydney Australia in torrential rain by RSPCA.
After a few months of waiting for his forever home with no luck his life was scheduled to end......but...........

The Staffy Rescue Sydney noticed his profile on the RSPCA site & rescued him from death row hours before.....
His age was assessed at 1 - 1 & a half years... also that he had been badly abused... I adopted Murphy in 2010... his Eyes were noted as his prominent feature on his paperwork

Our relocation to Bali Indonesia in 2014 was certainly an experience for this Gorgeous Boy....He settled into Island Life with ease , became a regular fixture in the Offices of Yayasan Solemen Indonesia, had his own Solemen T-Shirt & attended many of their outdoor Events ...where I went Murph was my shadow.....

Murph won the Hearts of many expats & locals, refused to walk on the beach as the pathway gave him far more social interaction as most knew him by name....I could never get him to walk past 2 particular restaurants without buying him breakfast as he knew they had Doggy Menu’s...lol, ......gained the respect of the Bali Beach dogs with his calm & passive nature, survived a Cobra bite, took his job seriously keeping the resident rats at bay & the Sanur Bemo/taxi drivers all were accommodating when he would jump in when he decided he had enough walking. lol

In March 2017 Murphy’s health issues began.....a very long story...however, 7 operations to remove reoccurring mouth tumors, combined with a heart condition he remained a Staunch Staffy trouper throughout. As only Staffy’s do.

Murphy was described by many as a Special Soul, A Love Bug. A True Gentleman & showed gratitude everyday to the end of his journey.

Thank you to all that has read Murphy’s story & I am hoping through this site I am able to find a breeder in Indonesia of an English Blue Staffy to love.

Can anyone help?
Murphy77
Murphy77
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : MURPHY
Dog(s) Ages : 11
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

New Member...... Empty Re: New Member......

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Jan 18 2020, 17:51

Hi & welcome to the forum  wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

New Member...... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

New Member...... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

New Member...... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
New Member...... Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
New Member...... Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
New Member...... Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
New Member...... Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

New Member...... B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Jan 18 2020, 17:59

Hello and welcome.
What a truly exceptional staffy, your Murphy Love Struck
A truly lovely story, thanks for sharing.

P.S. I’ve edited your profile as posting personal details like phone numbers is not authorized on this forum.

New Member...... B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat Jan 18 2020, 20:37

Hi from me & Katy Smile What an amazing story & a beautiful boy he must have been Love Struck

New Member...... B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy77 Sun Jan 19 2020, 02:31

Hi Jen & Katy....thank you for the Welcome...... batting eyelashes & your comment re Murhpy's Story.....he was a beautiful boy & will be missed by many....a major exercise relocating Murphy & Midnight (my 20 year old cat ) to Bali..... Midnight passed over this year also just before her 26th Birthday...the preparations,paperwork & coordination for their flight from Australia to Jakarta...then a 2 day journey by land from Jakarta to Bali....I'm not sure who was more excited when they arrived at their destination me or Murphy.....Midnight however ignored me & settled straight on the bed  Laughing....I have know doubt she reassured Murphy throughout their journey that I would be on the other end waiting....as I am somewhat tec challenged lol I am slowly trying to navigate through the site.... Is there a particular section on the site to post that I am wanting to buy or adopt/rescue in Indonesia..... I am hoping someone here may be able to help?
Murphy77
Murphy77

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sun Jan 19 2020, 11:44

I don't think this forum allows buying/selling, although there are rescue centres who advertise furry buddies looking for forever homes. Not in Indonesia, though.

You could try the Indonesian Kennel Club as a first port of call...

http://www.ikk.or.id/

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy77 Sun Jan 19 2020, 12:13

Gilly, thank you for response.....I am aware I am trying to find a needle in a haystack but I live in hope  batting eyelashes  I don't really want papers just a healthy staffy to love & spoil....just hoping that maybe someone see my post or point me in the right direction. Thank you for the link
Murphy77
Murphy77

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sun Jan 19 2020, 13:12

There may be members here from your country but I haven't seen any yet! Hope you do find yourself another furbaby Love Struck What an amazing age Midnight got to Surprised

New Member...... B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sun Jan 19 2020, 13:16

Murphy77 wrote:Gilly, thank you for response.....I am aware I am trying to find a needle in a haystack but I live in hope  batting eyelashes  I don't really want papers just a healthy staffy to love & spoil....just hoping that maybe someone see my post or point me in the right direction. Thank you for the link

I understand that, but they might be able to give you some ideas of, say, rescue organisations that might have pups/young dogs waiting for homes.

Buying a non pedigree is always a bit of a gamble. There are some genetic problems that need to be tested for, and most non-pedigree breeders wouldn't do them.

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy77 Sun Jan 19 2020, 13:53

Hi Jen,  That she did Love Struck ....she developed diabetes just before her 25th Birthday....& I decided not to start injecting her twice a day at her age....her eyesight was effected very quickly & her last 6 months she was totally blind but knew her way around & managed extremely well....however she still managed to be boss lol ....Murphy would stand near the steps down to the garden so she wouldn't fall until she mastered them without sight....
Murphy77
Murphy77

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eclipse Mon Jan 20 2020, 09:26

Hello Murphy, welcome to the forum Smile

There was another Staffy Owner on here 9 years ago from Indonesia
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t5878-hi-guys-staffy-from-indonesia

And I'm not sure if this link helps at all but there seems to be or was some Staffy's for sale on this website.
http://www.businessrays.com/indonesia/jakarta/staffordshire-bull

http://www.businessrays.com/indonesia/balikpapan/staffordshire-bull

http://www.businessrays.com/free-classified/ads/indonesia/balikpapan/dogs-for-sale

those links all seem to have the same pictures so i dont know how legit they are, be careful.

Eclipse
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down