New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG

4 posters

Go down

New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Empty New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG

Post by margo494 Sat Sep 16 2017, 17:28

Hi all, Smile
I am new to the group. My best Friend is Dylan, my 12 year old Staffie, who I have had since he was 16 weeks old.
He's a bundle of fun, Getting a Bit grumpy in his old age,(arnt we all Laughing )
He has had a lot of health issues these last 6 months & I wanted to ask if anyone has ever been in a similar situation.

Bit of a long story, so I will try & shorten it.
He had Gastroenteritis in January & since then he's just not been the same.
He has Arthritis in all his Joints, & Is on Gaberpentiin for his Pain relief.
But when they done his scan in January for his Gastro bug they found he had a Heart condition (Not yet Investigated this) and Bladder stones. So the Vet said first to treat his Bladder stones with a special diet.
Which he's been on for 7 months.

He's been getting constant urine infections, & now the standard antibiotics will no longer treat his Urine Infection.
Now 7 months on we have found his Bladder stones are only treatable by an Operation by removal.
The Vet & I agree that due to his age & Heart Condition, Its not the best thing for him to have a Operation
They have given me TRIMACARE TABLETS as his Bladder stones are apparently Resistant to Bacteria.
After reading some of the side effects I am worried about giving these to him - Has anyone had any experience with these Tablets for treating Urine Infections & Bladder stones?

Since his Gatro Bug, he's slowed down a lot. He's still bright & Playful, But more lethargic & I think its due to his Urine Infection & Bladder stones.
He's drinking an awful lot of water, & his tummy is very swollen.
His stones are not moving around (Good news) He has no Crystals in his Urine (Good News) But as soon as I clear up a Urine Infection, It comes back, & this is a catch 22 with his Bladder stones.
My problem is that If I leave the Bladders stones he may always get Urine Infections.
But if he has an operation, He may not survive the anesthetist....so an operation is not an option.
So I am between a rock & a Hard Place & want to do the best for him. But I am unsure what to do.

I have cut his food down to 200g a day as he's not walking as often or far as he used to.....Is this the right thing to do ?
I don't want him to put on weight & put more stress on his Joints so that's why I have cut down his food.

Sorry, I seem to have a lot of questions!! as I said he's a complex Guy, But I just want him to have a comfortable & as much as a Pain Free Life as possible with his medical Issues.
Any advise would be really appreciated.
Thanks so much

margo494
margo494
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Dog
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Empty Re: New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16 2017, 17:58

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Back to top Go down

New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG Empty Re: New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:15

Hi and welcome from me and mine wave

Dylan looks a real sweetheart, that's a really lovable face Love Struck

I'm sorry to hear of all the problems he's having, it does sound like your vet is pretty well on the case which is good. I have to agree with your plan of action - it doesn't sound like an op is an option so managing things as you are has to be your best bet.

I don't have any experience of the meds you're asking about but looking at the published side effects, they don't seem to be many or common. Is it googling other forums and stuff that you've found them? If so, I personally would not over worry, there are always people who will issue dire warnings and attribute problems to causes they're not sure of. Talk to your vet about your concerns, he should be able to either confirm or reassure with more knowledge that someone on the internet.

As for food, yes, I would cut down and maybe switch to one that is aimed at weight loss, these often have bulking ingredients that mean the dog feels that its eaten as much but they aren't getting the same nutritional value from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:19

Hi from me & Katy, Liz has given great advice that I cant add too Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

New Member- Needs avice on TRIMACARE Tablets 80MG B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sun Sep 17 2017, 11:24

Hi & Welcome to the Forum from Flo and me Big Grin

Dylan looks like a fab older gent, sorry to read he's having some problems. I don't have any experience of the condition or meds so can't help there sorry.

I agree with the weight management, cut it back a little so as not to put the pounds on and make the joints more painful. I would also be cautious of what you read on line about the meds, as you'll probably be aware of is the fact that most reviews tend to be negative, very rarely are the reviews all positive. I would let the experts guide me as much as I felt it was the right way to go which from reading your post is what you are doing.

Do let us know what you decide and how Dylan gets on, it may well help someone else.

-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sun Sep 17 2017, 19:51

Hello and welcome from us.

Absolutely of no help to you with regards to experience with this medication nor to looking after an older staffy (just starting out here) but wish you all the luck in finding the balance to keeping Dylan going on as strongly Smile

I certainly do agree with the precaution to be taken with regards to reviews. People generally like to criticize but take for granted when all goes well so forget to mark the positive occasions too.

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down