My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn?

3 posters

Go down

My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn? Empty My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn?

Post by Rupertsbooks Thu Jun 16 2016, 23:51

My dog is brilliant at being very stubborn. If he doesn't want to walk down a street or go the direction he wants to, he just sits or lies down. Sometimes I can coax him out of it but it takes a while and a combination of me making it "fun" for him by trying to create some kind of 100m sprint race situation or coaxing him, inch by inch.

This is getting really annoying and also it can be dangerous as he will do this even in the middle of the road.

I can just barely pick him up, at almost 50 kilos. (He is long-legged and a mix of dog and some as yet to be identified enormous bog creature.)

What do you do in this situation?
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rupert
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn? Empty Re: My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn?

Post by -Ian- Fri Jun 17 2016, 00:09

Ah, typical bull trait ! I'm no expert with this but will share my own experience. My Flo tries this on from time to time and usually I can simply motion that we are going this way etc with firmness. On occasion she has been ultra stubborn and sat down followed by the lay down and then even a roll over Rolling Eyes to resolve this I will pick her up. Not so easy in your case!

It is a concern when they decide to play silly beggars whilst crossing the road though at which point I make out excitedly that I've seen something which excites her but it's still not ideal.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn? B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn? Empty Re: My last post of the day - what do you do when your dog is stubborn?

Post by AussieStaff Fri Jun 17 2016, 00:14

I accept they're staffys ! Laughing
AussieStaff
AussieStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down