Dangerous Dog!!!

5 posters

Go down

Dangerous Dog!!! Empty Dangerous Dog!!!

Post by Haizum74 Sat Nov 07 2015, 16:57

As my pet insurance came through and was 100% more than the previous year I took a look around to see what else I could get from other places.

I found one that was well priced and filled in the necessary details. I confirmed that I had to claim and explained the 'horse situation' on the form (Nita ran after a horse and apparently, said horse received 'bites' to its underbelly)

A day later I receive a call from the insurers saying they were removing the Public Liability (1.5m) as Nita was aggressive.
Well, that did it for me, I politely pointed out that she wasn't aggressive at all however the guy said I couldn't prove this and as the incident had been recorded she was labelled as an aggressive dog. I did question how they could prove she was and what they deemed aggressive. Suffice to say I didn;t get an answer. So I asked if the price was going to be reduced seeing as they were removing PL. Nope, same price. So I'm getting less for the same price? Yes. Right cancel the policy then.

What annoys me the most is that despite the incident, despite the damn rider coming up behind us and not making us aware she was there, despite Nita not biting the horse when she was in view and despite the possibility of her doing so when the horse galloped off with Nita in tow without her getting seriously injured was pretty much zero, she is aggressive.

and breath!!!
Haizum74
Haizum74
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dangerous Dog!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Nita
Dog(s) Ages : 11 yrs old
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 59

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDRAszQqSSjHtPqD97cmvQ

Back to top Go down

Dangerous Dog!!! Empty Re: Dangerous Dog!!!

Post by stella Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:37

and breath again!!i'd be the same in your shoes too,its so annoying when you know that despite what happened she gets classed as aggressive,bloody insurance companies no matter what they insure make it up to suit them angry
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:50

Classic case of ramping up the premium on the flimsiest of excuses. So presumably had you owned a Shitsu it would have been classed as aggressive too huh... No I doubt it either.

It's breedist if ever I saw it... Time to shop around for a firm that wants business angry

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Dangerous Dog!!! B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Sat Nov 07 2015, 19:54

Makes me angry as some insurers wnt insure a sbt!!!

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Dangerous Dog!!! B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 08 2015, 09:57

Haizum74 wrote: despite the damn rider coming up behind us and not making us aware she was there, despite Nita not biting the horse when she was in view and despite the possibility of her doing so when the horse galloped off with Nita in tow without her getting seriously injured was pretty much zero

You have my sympathy over the insurance, but I'm afraid this bit got me. I've been on the other end of this particular stick, i.e. the rider with the so called friendly dog snapping at my horse's legs. Not once, but 3 times did I go through the fear of what might be the result. A friend recently had a terrifying ordeal when a dog rushed at her horse, snapping at his hindquarters - her horse bolted (they are flight animals and no matter what training you do it is very scarey for them to be attacked) and she ended up being carted across a dual carriageway.

No, I didn't go round calling to people that I was there, so maybe I could have been accused of coming up behind people, but you generally aren't that quiet on a large horse, they don't exactly tip toe! And in any event, you shouldn't need to if you are on a bridleway or another permitted track. It is up to us a dog owners to make sure that our dogs are in full control, on lead if necessary, if we are in the vicinity of others who have an equal right to be there and who may be in danger if our dogs act unsafely.

Sorry for the soapbox, but it is important not to blame others if our responsabilities are found to be lacking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haizum74 Sun Nov 08 2015, 18:42

LizP wrote:
Haizum74 wrote: despite the damn rider coming up behind us and not making us aware she was there, despite Nita not biting the horse when she was in view and despite the possibility of her doing so when the horse galloped off with Nita in tow without her getting seriously injured was pretty much zero

You have my sympathy over the insurance, but I'm afraid this bit got me. I've been on the other end of this particular stick, i.e. the rider with the so called friendly dog snapping at my horse's legs. Not once, but 3 times did I go through the fear of what might be the result. A friend recently had a terrifying ordeal when a dog rushed at her horse, snapping at his hindquarters - her horse bolted (they are flight animals and no matter what training you do it is very scarey for them to be attacked) and she ended up being carted across a dual carriageway.

No, I didn't go round calling to people that I was there, so maybe I could have been accused of coming up behind people, but you generally aren't that quiet on a large horse, they don't exactly tip toe! And in any event, you shouldn't need to if you are on a bridleway or another permitted track. It is up to us a dog owners to make sure that our dogs are in full control, on lead if necessary, if we are in the vicinity of others who have an equal right to be there and who may be in danger if our dogs act unsafely.

Sorry for the soapbox, but it is important not to blame others if our responsabilities are found to be lacking.

'it is important not to blame others if our responsibilities are found to be lacking' - exactly so her responsibility was to alert us. No we didnt hear the horse as it was on grass and no, it wasn't a bridle path either. Had I seen her coming then Nita would have been put back on her lead but we had our backs to her and the horse while trying to find a ball Nita had lost. From the info I found out too, she was an inexperienced rider so should have been with someone who was experienced, riding with her.

PS Don't worry about the soapbox, we all have our own opinions and I don;t mind.
Haizum74
Haizum74
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dangerous Dog!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Nita
Dog(s) Ages : 11 yrs old
Support total : 59

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDRAszQqSSjHtPqD97cmvQ

Back to top Go down

Post by lexii Mon Nov 09 2015, 23:28

How can anyone prove ANY animal is not agressive!?
lexii
lexii
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down