dangerous habit or just fun?

3 posters

Go down

dangerous habit or just fun? Empty dangerous habit or just fun?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 22:29

When Cassie is in an open area she darts around with her bottom jaw touching the floor as if she is trying to scoop things up (I say this is the dangerous part cause if her bottom jaw was to colllid with something, it could break, because she is going so fast). She also darts off then does a forward roll (yes a forward roll) head first onto the floor then she'll crouch down then pop up as if she is saying "wow what a rush that was"She also hops....four feet on the floor at once and she hops around she looks like a deer prancing around on her toes (the largest paw pad doesn't touch the floor).

Back to top Go down

dangerous habit or just fun? Empty Re: dangerous habit or just fun?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 00:10

I'd agree that the head down bit might be dangerous, but I've no idea how you'd stop it!

The forward roll my old Bandit used to do regularly - he'd be running & then sort of take all four feet off the ground, flip right over & stand sort of crouched with his eyes wide & mouth open - as you say, like an adrenalin rush!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Sep 01 2011, 09:37

Again not sure how you would stop it, but it does sounds dangerous. The deer prancing thing Tinkerbell does. She seems to do it in excitement when she is in the garden and sees another dog or a child and gets excited because she wants to go see them. She also does it the moment she does a poo in the garden, she prances all the way down the garden and then legs it into the house and skids across the floor. She can be a nutter at times lol.

I don't know what Tinkerbell does when out and off the lead as she hasn'[t had that opportunity yet. She has been in season since we had her! Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 09:39

I bet it's hilarious to watch but yes, I'd be concerned about her jaw hitting something. I have no idea how you would stop her doing it though, sounds like she has great fun doing it and wont be sharing your concerns about hurting herself. Would be cool if you could get a vid if her doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Thu Sep 01 2011, 11:08

Lola does this aswell, and she scoopes up grass out the ground, then goes on a mental one, it is hilarious.

I don't think it's anything to worry about, they seem to know somehow that they won't hurt themselves, well at least Lola has never hurt herself.

Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Sep 01 2011, 11:47

Haha that hilarious. My dog does a sort of 'bully' bounce, i've only ever seen bull terriers do it before. He literally prances around with all four legs off the ground at once and then does a roly poly.
You could try giving her a tennis ball/toy so she has to hold on to that instead of having her mouth hanging open?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 11:50

Thanks anyways guess i will try and get a video of it, and no the tennis ball idea won't work she'll just drop it then off to do the open jaw thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 11:52

I think she is simply burning off energy. I wouldn't woory too much. Suki does alot of jui jitsu like movements and rolls. I was concerned at first but now I just sit back and enjoy the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 11:53

MissRogue wrote: and no the tennis ball idea won't work she'll just drop it then off to do the open jaw thing.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 14:16

Sounds like zoomies. I know a lot of Pit Bulls that do them and Saxon does them when he's super excited. I don't really think there is too much you can do about it, I think it's just how they burn off excess energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down