Help and advice needed for a stuffy staffy!

3 posters

Go down

Help and advice needed for a stuffy staffy! Empty Help and advice needed for a stuffy staffy!

Post by Rubio Fri Jul 17 2015, 06:50

Poor Rubio has what we think is hayfever. Over the past few days he has been hacking quite a bit and his nose seems constantly blocked. I feel terrible for him as I know how he feels!

We've given him antihistamine which perhaps helps a bit but isn't really solving the problem. Has anyone else had this experience and is able to suggest any solutions?
Rubio
Rubio
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Rubio
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Help and advice needed for a stuffy staffy! Empty Re: Help and advice needed for a stuffy staffy!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17 2015, 07:10

Poor Rubio indeed! I'd take him to the vet. It might not be hayfever - it's not a very polleny time of year - and if it is an allergy they will probably give you something more specific to animals.

Back to top Go down

Help and advice needed for a stuffy staffy! Empty Re: Help and advice needed for a stuffy staffy!

Post by Rubio Fri Jul 17 2015, 08:40

If this isn't a very polleny time of year then I'm not sure when is!
Rubio
Rubio

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17 2015, 13:21

Funnily enough, there was an indicator of pollen count in the pharmacy today and it said medium. But that might be local.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogface Fri Jul 17 2015, 13:48

If it's hayfever then it's grass pollen. It's the worst year I remember for grass pollen since I was a kid and the pills I usually take, which normally keep it completely at bay, are having virtually no effect. According to the Met Office it's Medium in the Highlands right now (Very High over most of the UK) but even that could cause nasty irritation without proper medication. I'd advise a phone call to the vet to see if they can recommend something - without the consultancy fee!
Dogface
Dogface
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Support total : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubio Fri Jul 17 2015, 15:27

Thanks. Yeah it's been a nightmare for both me and the dog! I think it was particularly bad because we were down in Ayrshire visiting my brother for a couple of days. This wind and lack of rain isn't helping either. I had made an appointment with the vet today since they insisted that I needed to come in but I cancelled it because he seems much better this afternoon and I'm not prepared to pay the vet fees for them to tell me to try piritin!
Rubio
Rubio

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Niffer Fri Jul 17 2015, 19:57

Aww get well soon Rubio xx
Niffer
Niffer
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Milo aka Michaelangelo
Dog(s) Ages : 14/09/2013
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down