Adopting Children and owning a Staffy

3 posters

Go down

Adopting Children and owning a Staffy Empty Adopting Children and owning a Staffy

Post by kitten Fri Jun 24 2011, 11:54

My husband and I have just started the loooong road to adoption.

We had an interview last week and Ripley was amazing. Being the happy friendly dog that she is. The social worker that came to visit was adog owner so I think she wasn't phased by having her jump up to say hello ( working on stopping that though)

The social worker stated that because of her breed and the fact that she's a rescue she will probably have to meet one of their dog behaviourists . Not really too anxious about it as Ripley is fantastic with littlies and we are working hard to make sure she is good around them. and would also be very firm with the children and teach them how to be around dogs and that Rips should be treated nicely and cared for for their safety and so they don't upset Rips

Would never want to get rid of her she will always be our first adopted Girly lol. And we've
Made a commitment to her. Very much doubt it will ever come to that though

Just wanted to see of anyone on here had experience if adopting whilst owning a Staffy

Xx

Z

kitten
kitten
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Adopting Children and owning a Staffy Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Adopting Children and owning a Staffy Empty Re: Adopting Children and owning a Staffy

Post by janey Fri Jun 24 2011, 12:03

I'm affraid not. Wishing you all the best though Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Adopting Children and owning a Staffy Empty Re: Adopting Children and owning a Staffy

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 12:10

I can't help you either but I hope everything works out well for you all ! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 12:10

Me neither, but all the best for your prospective adoption. I'm sure the behaviourist will have no rpoblems at all with Ripley!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 12:12

Sorry, me neither. Just wanted to say "good luck" with the whole process.
I hope your dreams become a reality, and you have an adopted child to call your own soon. What a fantastic thing you are doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Fri Jun 24 2011, 12:36

Aw thank you everyone for such kind words Smile
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 12:55

good luck hope everything works out

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24 2011, 14:02

No experience here either but I think they are called the nanny dog for a reason. Suki is wonderfull with the little ones and very popular in the neighborhood. She seems very adapt at catering her play to the size of her playmate. Wish you the best of luck in the adaption process.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Jun 24 2011, 23:54

Have worked in the childrens services broke my heart sometimes and im sure the assesment of your dog is standard proceedure irrelivant of breed . Good luck though im sure youll pass with flying colours Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Sat Jun 25 2011, 00:46

Thank you Big Grin. It's going to be a long journey and I am so grateful to have my princess mutt to give me cuddles Big Grin she's helped me through it a lot

And I know it sounds silly but she really helped me realise I would be ok with adoption. If I can feel this much love and want to protect her and make sure she's happy after all she went through before she was rehomed with us It made me realise that I could love a child that needed a loving home too
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25 2011, 12:04

lucky Ripley.. and lucky child !!

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Sat Jun 25 2011, 12:13

Thank you Big Grin by the way I want your pooches Smile gorgeous. I want t get a puppy in a couple of years lol I don't want much do I Big Grin

Last edited by kitten on Sat Jun 25 2011, 18:13; edited 1 time in total
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25 2011, 13:58

I have no experience with this, but I'm sure Ripley will charm the dog behaviourist and they'll see she's perfectly fine around children. I wish you and your husband the very best of luck with the adoption process Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Sat Jun 25 2011, 19:15

Thank you Big Grin
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down