-Ian-
Hannah&Michael UK
Busterr
8 posters

Go down

Staffy attack! Empty Staffy attack!

Post by Busterr Mon Jan 26 2015, 22:31

Hello,
So when I got my puppy Buster I joined a local group on facebook for dog owners, today after a very long time of me asking to join, they have finally accepted me, so I'm all excited to go meet some new people in my area with dogs and what do I find? "ANOTHER staffy attack", at first I thought "oh god, best watch out if I see that staffy" then I carry on reading and the lady says her dog was mounted, she carried on saying how this polish lady did not even say sorry. To me that isn't a dog attack? Then someone posted on there saying they have met that dog before and the dog is very young and when it gets over excited it mounts a little but has never hurt his dogs.

To me this sounds like this people need a slap it angers me seeing this, to me the fact they were nasty towards the lady and had the need to say where she comes from seems like this people are racist and then to add to that they're being nasty about staffys.

The lady goes on saying this was the second time and from now on she is going to take a camera to video and report to the police, she says the police know about it and have done nothing, most likely because the dog is not aggressive.. Laughing

The day I take my dog up there and someone is nasty towards my dog just because of his breed, they best run as fast as they can because they will hear what they want and don't want, I'm not one to hold anything in and if I explode oh god.
Busterr
Busterr
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Buster
Dog(s) Ages : 30/09/2014
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Staffy attack! Empty Re: Staffy attack!

Post by Hannah&Michael UK Mon Jan 26 2015, 22:49

People are crazy arent they, I was walking my staffies and I asked the lady if her dog bite (cocker spaniel) she said no but he doesnt like staffies, I was shocked haha

Hannah&Michael UK
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Staffy attack! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah&Michael UK Mon Jan 26 2015, 22:51

Infact sorry I asked is her dog okay with other dogs and if so I will let mine off and thats when she said he is fine with other dogs but he doesnt like staffies

Hannah&Michael UK
Staffy attack! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Busterr Mon Jan 26 2015, 22:52

Hannah&Michael UK wrote:People are crazy arent they, I was walking my staffies and I asked the lady if her dog bite (cocker spaniel) she said no but he doesnt like staffies, I was shocked haha
Did the dog not like staffies or did the lady not like staffies? That is the true question right there.. Laughing

Obviously I could not resit and commented on this post and I have now made a friend who totally agreed with what I was saying, I was so happy to be joining a local dog group and I am now starting to think most of this people are "anti-staffy" Laughing
Busterr
Busterr

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Mon Jan 26 2015, 23:38

Prove em wrong. I do this on a regular basis and enjoy the looks of "wow".. So many precious pooches are untrained yet us responsible owners put the effort in and still get vilified.

Go prove that ours are the best breed, you will gain many friends Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Staffy attack! B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieStaff Mon Jan 26 2015, 23:54

I'm with Ian on this, go out and prove how amazing Staffies are, they will soon feel like the a$sholes they are ! Smile
AussieStaff
AussieStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Busterr Tue Jan 27 2015, 00:45

I already do that don't worry it's just the fact people on that group was all sorts of the breed because it "attacked" another dog.. My dog is very well behaved with other dogs, well so far he's been amazing all he does is sniff them and then the other dog will start running around and my puppy will try chase'em but he's to slow Laughing
Busterr
Busterr

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27 2015, 08:12

It's almost like there's a craze for over reacting at the moment. People can't say 'that was a bit annoying', it has to be 'that made me furious'. People then seem incapable of seeing someone else's dog as being a bit OTT, instead they're attacking. And the over reaction carries on into the response - OMG!!!! (is that enough !s?), with everyone trying to out-do the last person's outrage.

Sounds like a group to steer clear of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah&Michael UK Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:29

I think people are so uneducated on dogs and then they get one when they dont realise the work that needs to be put in, its always the owners fault, we have an elderly man on my dog walk he has a lurcher, it bites other dogs yet he lets it off the lead he does get it on when he sees other dogs but twice now it has slipped out of his hands and gone for 2 of my dogs, and he neversays anything, think I need to tell him to muzzle the dog because my 14 year old english springer isnt well atm and it bit him the other day and my dogs are all really soft

Hannah&Michael UK
Staffy attack! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Haizum74 Tue Jan 27 2015, 15:42

I'm the opposite, the amount of people who have told me they used to have staffies and how good they were when I walk Nita has been amazing. Only had one women complain.
In fact yesterday I was walking Nita off lead with a guy and his dog. An older women walked past and commented on how nice Nita was and how gentle. (she was also walking her dog). She said that her dog usually barks at others but didn't with Nita.
She then asked what type of dog it was. The shock on her face when I told her. Her grandson was throwing a frisbee for Nita and playing as though they had known each other for ages. It was awesome to see.
Haizum74
Haizum74
Staffy attack! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Nita
Dog(s) Ages : 11 yrs old
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 59

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDRAszQqSSjHtPqD97cmvQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Inez Maria Tue Jan 27 2015, 19:24

People!! Sad

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Staffy attack! B110
Inez Maria
Inez Maria

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 11/08/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2596

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Jan 27 2015, 21:39

People just dont understand dogs thats the problem. they know nothing of body language and often cant tell between noisey i want to play or agression. I had a situation last week, a lab came up off lead, laska play bowed it and then grabbed it by the neck just like she does with marley. the dog was obv having fun as well but the owner was flapping about like a mad cow.
Nathan
Nathan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Busterr Tue Jan 27 2015, 23:02

Some people are not educated enough and don't seem to want to be educated that is the main problem and that is the reason why we in the UK are not allowed to have pitbulls and other dogs that have been banned.

I was talking to someone yesterday about this, and like I said to him a dog is what the owner makes that dog to be.. if the owner is an aggressive person or treats his dogs like crap then the dog will end up being aggressive. Just like there's always youtube videos about pitbulls attacking people in USA and stuff there's a lot of videos of pitbulls saving lifes.. Pitbulls are banned because people are uneducated..
Busterr
Busterr

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah&Michael UK Tue Jan 27 2015, 23:14

Completely agree with you busterr, I think some people just dont care, a lad walks a border collie in my area and it runs up to dogs lunging at them trying to go for them growling and she smurks which p'd me off, im sick of careless dog owners, the oldman with the lurcher I seen him tonight and it went for my puppy it has now been for all of my dogs made contact with 2, im going to have to report him as he lets the dog off and its getting worse, he cannot control it and im scared his dog is going to get out of his hands and seriously Injure one of my dogs, this is my last resort as he seen my other dog the other day lay down after his dog bit my dog in his side, been the vets and they said hes okay theres no puncher wounds but he will be sore for a few days, people need educating on socialing there dogs no matter the breed

Hannah&Michael UK
Staffy attack! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Haizum74 Sun Feb 01 2015, 13:06

Nathan wrote:People just dont understand dogs thats the problem. they know nothing of body language and often cant tell between noisey i want to play or agression. I had a situation last week, a lab came up off lead, laska play bowed it and then grabbed it by the neck just like she does with marley. the dog was obv having fun as well but the owner was flapping about like a mad cow.

Exactly what Nita does to her husky/lab friend at the park, she always gets him round the neck while he gets her round the muzzle. Differing levels of play between dogs and people think its aggression.
Haizum74
Haizum74
Staffy attack! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Nita
Dog(s) Ages : 11 yrs old
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 59

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDRAszQqSSjHtPqD97cmvQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Niffer Tue Feb 03 2015, 21:58

I'm so paranoid and it's getting worse about letting Milo, who's 16 months old, now off his lead to play on the park. He's fine with other dogs & just wants to play, dash around and rough house but I'm so scared that another dog will go for him & hurt him. His recall is perfect when on his own with no distraction but if he's playing and bombing around with another dog he totally ignores me - no matter what I do. I let him run around sometimes with a 30 foot training lead on but the people & dogs get tangled up in it.

My OH lets him off when he takes him out in the morning & he lets him off. He says he has a bit of difficulty catching him but says he's fine.

Does anyone else feel like me - I feel like I'm letting him down.
Niffer
Niffer

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Milo aka Michaelangelo
Dog(s) Ages : 14/09/2013
Support total : 50

Back to top Go down