Baby arriving in May... how to introduce to Scooby?

2 posters

Go down

Baby arriving in May... how to introduce to Scooby? Empty Baby arriving in May... how to introduce to Scooby?

Post by Scoobster Thu Jan 15 2015, 15:25

We have our first baby arriving in May and we are starting to wonder how our Scoob is going to take to her?

He's been great with my 18 month old niece how keeps wacking him on the head for some reason and doesn't even flinch.

I'm just concerned that when our kid arrives and pretty much all of our attention with be on her (at least at the beginning), Scoob will start to become jealous, destructive etc because at the moment he gets all the attention.

When he gets bored he will run into another room and pick things up, move them (never chews them though) and generally plays up just to get our attention haha

Anyway, what are your thoughts, advice etc Smile
Scoobster
Scoobster
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Scooby
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Baby arriving in May... how to introduce to Scooby? Empty Re: Baby arriving in May... how to introduce to Scooby?

Post by Rachel33 Thu Jan 15 2015, 15:49

I think the most important thing is to change any boundaries before the baby comes - if you want him to not be on furniture or if certain rooms are off limits etc. And ensure he's still getting enough play/walks/socialization - even if that means employing a dog walker, or getting a friend or family member in for the first few weeks while you guys are sleep deprived and settling.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down