A bit of a rant!!!

+3
stella
-Ian-
SuziPea
7 posters

Go down

A bit of a rant!!! Empty A bit of a rant!!!

Post by SuziPea Sun Nov 23 2014, 19:42

I'm sorry to do this but I need to make sure there are sensible people still out there after todays walk at wits end

Took Dizzy out down by the canal today, as his recall is good we let him off lead and just call him back in if we go past others (as he isn't always great round other dogs).  So coming round a corner spotted a guy out with three dogs, called him in put him on his lead, other guy didn't bother, so brought him behind me only for the three dogs to crowd round him and for me to and OH to be told it's ok they're friendly - Now I have to admit I have had enough of people telling me it's ok their dog is friendly, I don't put him on the lead for the sake of your dog I put him on the lead for his sake!!!  So OH told the guy to get his dogs under control to which once again we were told they were friendly, so I responded that other dogs may not be friendly or may be wary of other dogs to and he should think about that.  The response I got - he does think he has three dogs which proves it!!!  (I don't get that response at all)?

We then walked back down the river which is very much dog central so I had Dizzy on his lead for a lot of it and he was ok only one dog got a little close for him and I just called him behind me.  However when I got further out of the way I let him off lead again (he thoroughly enjoys jumping in the leaves and running in and out of the river).  Got to a narrower part of the path and spotted a couple with a dog, knowing Dizzy was full of beans and still wound up I called him in put him on lead and then turned back and found a spot about 5m back that was off the path and got him to lie down.....  Having done all of this I sincerely hope most dog owners would keep their dog under control and just walk past, not this couple though oh no they let the dog come into Dizzy's space so he growled and next thing I know this other dog has gone for him!!

I have to admit I lost my temper and did a lot of shouting but don't justify your dogs behaviour by saying he is a rescue so is mine so I keep him on a lead in high tension situations!  I could have understood and would have been considerably calmer if they had tried calling him in and he ignored or even he had run ahead and they hadn't seen but they saw me call Dizz in, they saw me get him to one side and the excuse I got was their dog doesn't like other dogs but he normally ignores them!!!

I just wish people would have more consideration and awareness on where their dog is and what others do when they are walking towards you - I don't think that is too much to ask, Dizzy is far from perfect but I am very aware of that and do everything I can to keep him calm and under control and I appreciate that sometimes dogs have a mind of their own (oh ok most times Big Grin ) my issue is the blatant disregard others have about their dogs behaviour and how that may cause problems for other dog owners.

Rant over *steps down from soap box*

On a totally different note - Dizz is currently running in his sleep Big Grin
SuziPea
SuziPea
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy
Dog(s) Ages : 2yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

A bit of a rant!!! Empty Re: A bit of a rant!!!

Post by -Ian- Sun Nov 23 2014, 19:49

Suzi you are not alone. I too have been blatantly ignored when asking others to come get their pesky dogs nose out of my Flo's a*se.

On a lighter note... It's great seeing them run in their sleep isn't it Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

A bit of a rant!!! B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Nov 23 2014, 20:05

always good to have a rant!i think this is some thing that we are seeing more of,i make sure sash is on lead at all times when other dogs come near her,your right people should be more considerate of other dogs.
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn&Pete Mon Nov 24 2014, 22:51

If you can't rant here, then where can you? at wits end
We've come across these types a few times with our old dog. Even with the pup we had some one allow their dog to come over to us on the beach, this thing went for Theia but I managed to grip it's harness and drag it back. The woman then asked if she was a Stafford and we told her yes and a young pup at that she said her dog doesn't like Staffs! Lynn told her a few home truths along the lines of training and attitude! chatterbox
Pete
Lynn&Pete
Lynn&Pete
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Boson
Dog(s) Ages : May 2017
Support total : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Tue Nov 25 2014, 00:10

Makes you wonder if these people have the brains they are born with Pete.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

A bit of a rant!!! B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by SuziPea Tue Nov 25 2014, 00:22

Thank you all... Glad I'm not the only one!!

Further Faith restored this afternoon out for a walk woman coming towards us and I put Dizz on his lead, she followed suit and then got her dog over to one side whilst I walked past as Dizz was pulling away (he doesn't enjoy going past other dogs when we are on narrow paths and all the walks out of ours have at least one part that is pathway).

Just wish all people would show a reasonable level of common sense Smile
SuziPea
SuziPea

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy
Dog(s) Ages : 2yrs
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Debs01 Tue Nov 25 2014, 07:45

Rant away! I know I do lol. I always get frustrated with other dog owners letting their dog run straight up to Axl when he's on the lead. They always tell me their dog is friendly... What!?! I say "oh okay well then they won't mind when mine gets the hump he's not friendly with other dogs!" Blooming idiots!
Debs01
Debs01
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Axl
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Nov 25 2014, 10:46

Peoples blatant unawareness of what is going on around them is the bain of my life while walking Rocky too. How much I wish others would keep an eye on their surroundings and how their actions are going to affect others.

You are certainly not alone
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Nov 25 2014, 11:16

No you are not alone. Pixee doesnt always like walking pass other dogs close, by so for that reason she is put on a lead, and she does not like other dogs coming up close to her when shes on a lead, or ever out of no where. I hate those people that say its ok my dog is friendly, at the end of the day, not all dogs get on, so you rant on all you like.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down