HELP i need some ideas on how to potty train kiara

4 posters

Go down

HELP i need some ideas on how to potty train kiara  Empty HELP i need some ideas on how to potty train kiara

Post by jesse Sun Jun 19 2011, 04:06

i put her out every hour on the grass an she still does her buisness inside i have even tried giving her treats when she does it outside still she has to do it insidehas anyone got any ideas pleas Crying or Very sad

jesse
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : KIARA
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

HELP i need some ideas on how to potty train kiara  Empty Re: HELP i need some ideas on how to potty train kiara

Post by Pittboss Sun Jun 19 2011, 05:58

I'm with you...My pup Blue is just over 10 weeks now and he is almost trained(a few P's in front of the door) to go to the door and ask to go out if we haven't asked him already..
We tried the pp pads and they became confetti <:-P whenever we weren't paying attention..So we starting taking him out a lot like you are and it was hit or miss with him for the first few days but he started to get it.Also whenever he would start to P in the house i would stop him and take him outside right away this helped him put 2 and 2 together..As for the poopy sick in the house with regular feedings comes regular poopings and you should be able to figure out her schedule based or her own cycle..
Pittboss
Pittboss
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

HELP i need some ideas on how to potty train kiara  Empty Re: HELP i need some ideas on how to potty train kiara

Post by jesse Sun Jun 19 2011, 06:36

thankyou lol theres only 1 weeks difference in age lol im glad im not the only one smug its more the wees i did think about putting nappies on her lol if your boy can do it so can kiara thankyou so much by the way i love your pic i dont know how to put one up is your boy a blue i will keep at it and ill keep yu up to date thankyou

jesse

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : KIARA
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Pittboss Sun Jun 19 2011, 20:26

Yes he is a Blue nose his name is "Blue..To post a pic on here you use the little box above the comment box it looks like a screen with a hard disk in front of it when highlighted it will say host an image..Would love to see some pics of your little angel..
Pittboss
Pittboss

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Jun 19 2011, 20:38

When you feed her place her out straight away becasue after some food puppys need the toilet Wink

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19 2011, 20:51

Take her out regularly every hour plus after food, excercise & when she wakes up.

She's still just a baby, so don't expect miracles! It'll come with time, but there's so much for a pup to learn!!! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20 2011, 05:35

Take her out when ever she wakea up from a nap, after a meal and after exercise. I like the pee pads myself and have had alot of luck with them. I started putting them by the door and bringing in some grass from outside where she did her business. This seemed to work well for me. I also made sure that when she went in the house I got rid of the smell so she wouldn't think it was an appropriate spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 20 2011, 05:50

I used the treat system for our Stanley and got the idea pretty quick, but it is also a big part of you to keep an eye on them as well as taking them out after eating. I found Stanley to sniff around allot before he would pee or poo so I would take him out straight away and presto!! he would do his business outside.

There are still a couple os mistakes inside from time to time like really late at night he still pee's on a puppy pad, but I always make sure he poo's after eating and or before bed at night and firsth thing in the morning.

It can take a bit of time especially if you start too late, the older the dog gets the harder the training, as they say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" you can though it is just allot harder.... Big Grin

Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job.
thumbs up
cowboydave
cowboydave
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down