elderley staffy - stiff joints

Go down

elderley staffy - stiff joints Empty elderley staffy - stiff joints

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 19:22

now im quite clearly not talking abpout his lordship here,its my sisters 14 years old staffy Toyah.

She has always enjoyed 2 hour walks but all of a sudden this week she has aged. she cannot get about and her joints appear stiff, she normally heads for the cupboard for her lead when my sister gets home from work but hasnt even attempted it.

i went round this evening to sit with her for a bit and let her out as my sister was off out for a drink after work and it broke my heart to see her struggle to be mobile - i'm not sure she has long left to be honest but cant discuss it with my sister, she lost her boy Rex 2 years ago and its the first time in 30 years ive seen her cry!

has anybody got any suggestions for anything natural we can give her to loosen her up a little bit to make what time she has left easier?

Back to top Go down

elderley staffy - stiff joints Empty Re: elderley staffy - stiff joints

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 23:20

You can get Glucosamine & condroitin (spelling?) tablets at the larger pet stores, which will help to ease stiff joints. But if they are really bad then a vet should be consulted in case there's anything else to be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 04:28

Oh, that is so sad.

I have heard of a product here in Australia called "Sashas Blend" which is for arthritis and joint relief. Maybe if you "google" it and have a read to see if this is the sort of thing that you would be looking for, and if you are able to get it in UK (or something similar)

It breaks your heart to see them like that. Big hugs from me

>Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 06:41

thanks both. Caryll she seems happy enough in herself and is still eating but normally when she greats me she is like a kangaroo jumping around (she is long legged). i'll let sis know your suggestions later. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 07:48

Jethro has green mussel powder every day on his food.. it has worked a treat!! He often seized up and yelped.. not anymore.

Also you can get ready made arthritis powders that have allsorts in them... trust me..... they work too !!

Back to top Go down

Post by criso Mon Jun 20 2011, 08:57

u can buy here in australia called Pernaease Powder which assists in the relief of arthritic symptoms. you just sprinkle the powder onto the food. powder contains green lipped mussel, shark cartliage and glycossminolgcans

criso
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20 2011, 09:35

yes I can vouch for that too .. Jethro has had that with great success over the years too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down