can dogs trap nerves in joints like us hoomans?

2 posters

Go down

can dogs trap nerves in joints like us hoomans? Empty can dogs trap nerves in joints like us hoomans?

Post by asa-james Mon Apr 01 2013, 21:15

i know its not a common thing, ive only ever done it once myself in my shoulder, but Lola has had a pretty bad and stiff hip yesterday afternoon and most of today, i've made sure she's had an easy day, with a light walk instead of her usual trek and lots of running, and as i was working her leg before she made one yelp as i moved her hip, but it seems to have eased right off since and now she's up and down the stairs like a lunatic. still going to keep an eye on her and take it easy tomorrow, but just wondered really
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

can dogs trap nerves in joints like us hoomans? Empty Re: can dogs trap nerves in joints like us hoomans?

Post by janey Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:09

Not sure i dont know
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

can dogs trap nerves in joints like us hoomans? Empty Re: can dogs trap nerves in joints like us hoomans?

Post by janey Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:10

Although the vets have advised me massage Moo's joints and also the hydro therapy, thats recommended for humans also Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:12

Yes, dogs can also trap nerves. If she's okay now, it's probably best just to keep an eye on her. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01 2013, 22:13

They can trap nerves, but it's maybe more likely a pulled or stiff muscle. I made a hot water bottle for Milton the other night because he was a bit stiff after a long walk. He laid on it for a bit then was back to his usual self afterwards, maybe worth a try?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02 2013, 00:53

They are susceptable to the same injuries that we are if they overexert themselves or come down on a leg wrong while running or jumping. Usually rest will take care of the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down