some days you just need to vent

2 posters

Go down

some days you just need to vent Empty some days you just need to vent

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 17:38

What a day.

Service delivery is this country is appalling and sadly we all just accept it. There have been issues for a few years now over electricity bills (we only have one electricity service provider, so no choice there). People are wrongly billed; the incorrect address is used resulting in the wrong amounts etc etc and no one ever gets anywhere - its all a case of "pay what it says and deal with it." Well, I phone in our meter reading every month. We did not receive our November account so we paid our usual amount. We just received our December account for ZAR 122 000 (that's about close to 7000 GBP). Our monthly average is around ZAR 1200 which is high as it is for 2 of us, but we deal with it.

When I called I was told "just pay it, you can't dispute it." Like I have that amount just lying around! Went to the council offices today and sat for 2 hours in a queue while workers alternated between tea breaks, private chats and just sitting looking into the distance and others were allowed to push in front. They finally admitted their typo - as that's all it is - but don't know when or if it will be rectified. I've read of people having such issues go on for years. Literally years.

Then: I'm on the committee of the complex I live in. A few months ago one house began illegally building a pool and balcony. I did my very, very best to try and help this irate, irrational, loose cannon of a woman to get things passed and approved. She however ignored all correspondence and has carried on building, against the laws and regulations. The realtors that manage the complex served her with a polite attorney's letter today which means she should be dealing with them and what does she do: phones and screams down the phone at me and them slams it down. I wasn't allowed a word in and I am the only one who tried to help her all along. Idiot.

And now I will be pulling an all nighter as I have spent far too much negative energy on things today and not enough energy on work.

On the bright side, the more work I get done tonight, the longer we can take the doggits to the biiiig park for tomorrow (special treats this week as the OH is on leave) and I might get back to gym. *Fingers crossed* I get through the work.

"Uber massive sigh*

Back to top Go down

some days you just need to vent Empty Re: some days you just need to vent

Post by Steve Tue Jan 28 2014, 17:43

some days you just need to vent 3198918699 sound very stressful  some days you just need to vent 3198918699 when you finish get yourself an nice cold drink xxx

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 17:44

Steve wrote: some days you just need to vent 3198918699 sound very stressful  some days you just need to vent 3198918699 when you finish get yourself an nice cold drink xxx

Thanks bossman - I promised I wasn't going to do energy drinks this year (put on too much weight on them in Dec) but I am having to tonight. I think a cold, soothing Baileys when I'm done will do the trick  some days you just need to vent 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:05

what time do you finish? xx

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:06

Steve wrote:what time do you finish? xx

I'm lucky to work from home - so whatever time my eyes can no longer open tonight. I might break for a bath in a bit and then carry on x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:10

oo cool Smile xx that an very good idea relax in the bath un stress yourself

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:11

I'm thinking bubble bath and then back to work. I'm very lucky that I enjoy my work and have some great projects on the go, so that makes it all a lot easier - well, that and Master Vinny lying by my feet snoring away (he always comes through to keep me company if I'm working late) x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:15

what do you do? is it your own company ?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:16

I'm a copy writer - so yes, I work for myself Smile I write anything from feature articles to web articles, web copy, blogs, SEO stuff, reports, ebooks, emailers, adverts etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:18

oo right does it pay good?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:20

I've been working for myself for about 16 months now and I can say that with anything there are the slower months but I'm really starting to build up a good clientele and reliable work Smile It's what I've always wanted to do so I make sure that it works. Can't be doing with sitting behind a desk in an office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:22

I wonder i could do something similar over here  Laughing well maybe not my typing is poor

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:24

Steve wrote:I wonder i could do something similar over here  Laughing well maybe not my typing is poor

I'm an editor and proof reader too - we can work together Wink All my clients are international as it is  Blushing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:26

Oh Lisa that wore me out just reading it, let alone dealing with it!
Lots of corruption with council and planning regs, back handers I think it goes on here too. Have a few vinos hun Xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:27

Smile i could help out and see how i go xx

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 18:30

Inez Maria wrote:Oh Lisa that wore me out just reading it, let alone dealing with it!
Lots of corruption with council and planning regs, back handers I think it goes on here too. Have a few vinos hun Xxx

Yep, definitely happens all over. Drinks as soon as my work is done for sure! (I've just remembered I need to get Vin those neon leggings  Laughing )

Steve, get writing and I'll get editing hun x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:10

Don't pay the bill Lisa, what are they going to do lock you up ??? Tell everyone you know not to pay either and go on social media and tell everyone else not to pay too, could they lock up a whole town for not paying. Ohhh well at least it will bring some attention to it  Big Grin 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:16

Kathy wrote:Don't pay the bill Lisa, what are they going to do lock you up ??? Tell everyone you know not to pay either and go on social media and tell everyone else not to pay too, could they lock up a whole town for not paying. Ohhh well at least it will bring some attention to it  Big Grin 

I love your thinking Kathy - sadly all those who have tried that end up having their electric cut and so much hassle. But noooo we are not paying it - all it is is a typing error that someone needs to pull their finger out and fix!

We have an issue here at the moment with toll roads and being billed to use our freeways (I know there are similar things in parts of Europe?) and we are standing up to fight it but guess what, they continue to use scare tactics such as refusing to let us renew are driver's licenses unless we register to pay or the police stop and intimidate road users and so on. So yes, the protests and social media outcries bring attention to it but nothing gets done.

By the way, we think alike - I've been hitting social media and the like over this as well as contacting the local news like everyone else does  Smile 

I'm sorry about being so negative tonight but feeling rather fed up  Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:25

No wonder you are feeling fed up Lisa, anyone else would too I'm sure,

Hope you enjoy your long glass of Baileys I may join you in one of those a bit later  some days you just need to vent 3198918699 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down