Need to Vent

5 posters

Go down

Sad Need to Vent

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 04:10

Was just deleted and banned from a Facebook group for "bumping" a photo I entered in a photo contest and suggesting that the admin post the rules in list format to avoid any future confusion (Their group rules are in one big paragraph/sentence and I didn't see the rule about bumping posts).

Apparently, bumping a photo means that I think my "post is so special that it needs bumping up..." and "nobody else would dream of bumping there post up but I guess us britz have class and know how to conduct ourselves..." In the 6 years that I have visited and posted in web forums, I have never encountered one where you were not allowed to bump your own posts, so I was unaware that this was such an awful indiscretion. Whenever someone on a forum in the past had a post that they wanted more people to see, they bumped it. I bumped my post because it was for a contest and I wanted more people to see it and consider it for the contest. I have no idea how bumping a photo translates to me thinking that I am any more important than anyone else or not knowing how to conduct myself, but maybe that's because I'm not a "britz."

The admin was so rude and cruel that the whole thing was just really upsetting to me. It was so unnecessary and over the top. He even called me a "little girl" at one point! This coming from someone who resorts to personal insults when logic and reason doesn't work for him. What ever, I don't need that group. There are plenty of other groups on the web that are filled with friendly people who don't resort to name calling! Like this group, for instance! Wink

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Need to Vent

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 09:42

now listen here little girl us britz dont like to be talked to in that manner you may upset our stiff upper lip lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 09:48

P S
and just for the record we also have that rule about not bumping your own posts in the photo comp so it is actually a common rule biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 10:07

i think facebook as had it's day if something new pop now it would end up like myspace.

i'm sick of seeing other people problems, sick of seeing people ask like this or that, i sick of dogy links oo the lists goes on

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster's_Mum Fri May 11 2012, 10:41

I like facebook. I have family that live abroad and it is a good way to keep in touch and they get to see my boys growing up Big Grin Alot of the groups annoy me though, and I think power can go to admins heads. They have far too many rules, but only seem to pick up on a few people to re enforce them with. There are a couple I like to watch though, a rant and rave one I'm on is the best. It kicks off on there quite often so keeps me entertained at night! Laughing
Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Need to Vent Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 11:12

I was on a FB page were there was 9 admin, all of which posted continuously on the page and chatted to eachother via the page name, so basically my whole facebook was filled with loads of crap. i said to them perhaps it would be less confusing and better for the group if they stuck to one admin and the peopel chatting on it just used their own facebook.

this started a big huge witch hunt for me and i had 9 people attackign me, on the same account (so i didnt know who was who) it was mental lol i told them to stuff their group and go back to acting like 5 year olds (they were all supposed to be mature 50+ladies. real classy ones!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 11:16

i would say 70% of people on there are nutcase and don't have a clue about anything

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 11:19

Buster's_Mum wrote:I like facebook. I have family that live abroad and it is a good way to keep in touch and they get to see my boys growing up Big Grin Alot of the groups annoy me though, and I think power can go to admins heads. They have far too many rules, but only seem to pick up on a few people to re enforce them with. There are a couple I like to watch though, a rant and rave one I'm on is the best. It kicks off on there quite often so keeps me entertained at night! Laughing

Lol i know right, they make a group on FB and suddenly they are a god.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 11:56

I don't do facebook! Laughing

I don't understand it & I don't really want to! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 12:02

the amount of abuse i get on the forum facebook page is stupid! because i wont let the page be pro rescue or pro breeding Surprised .... i wont allow silly comments stay on the post i get groups of posting attacking me i keep banning they just keep coming back with different user account or they get someone to do their dirty work at wits end

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 12:05

You'd think they'd have better things to do with their lives, wouldn't you? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 12:06

I think Facebook will be gone in under 2 years. They are now publically traded on the stock market and have no way of earning revenue other than ads that no one will look at or implementing a user fee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 13:55

FB really is going down hill with all of the new features. Sometimes it jut stresses me out. Ironically, on one of the other groups I'm in an admin just posted, "Please can everyone who entered the comp please bump your pics and videos to the top, thanks. Smile"

bigwazza wrote:P S
and just for the record we also have that rule about not bumping your own posts in the photo comp so it is actually a common rule biggrin
How would someone even bump their pictures in our contests? I don't think it's possible the way our contests are organized... I have been on several forums for the past 6 years and have never encountered one where you weren't allowed to bump posts. Technically you bump your post to the top every time you comment on it! Should commenting on your own posts be against the rules, as well??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 14:00

it is if your canversing for votes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 14:16

I think you may misunderstand what the term "bumping" means. "Bumping" is commenting on a thread so that thread is brought to the top of the page. It is not possible to bump pictures in our contests because all of the photos are in the same thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 14:19

doooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeee Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Fri May 11 2012, 14:28

aah you learn all sorts of things on here, i'd never heard of Dongles or understood WiFi until i saw threads on here . Now i can Bump Smile
stiofan
stiofan
Need to Vent Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by wentzer Sat May 12 2012, 18:23

wow now im not stupid anymore, I have always wondered what it ment when someone said bump, now i know
wentzer
wentzer
Need to Vent Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Sun May 13 2012, 09:21

Never have or will ever use Facebook. My daughter was subjected to cyber and physical bullying at school , it was sickening, the school was pathetic at dealing with it. She had to change school. The bully was only expelled after another year and numerous assaults on teachers and other pupils. Thus not a fan of all this instant messaging etc. Also what is sent is there for ever!
8pawprints
8pawprints
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 5-6 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down