Nakita is fine :)

3 posters

Go down

Nakita is fine :) Empty Nakita is fine :)

Post by foxy.lee Fri May 13 2011, 13:07

after my last post about my puppy going to the vets with suspected liver problems she is now fine. i said they took more blood and we had to go back tuesday. we went and she is fine, they said the protein was a bit high, this could be because she isnt absorbing enough into her body. anyway they dont think she had a seizer as when i was asked to describe it (we saw different vet) he said it sounded like she was in a lot of distress and her trying to escape partners arms might have made it look like a fit. he has discharged us as he doesnt think it needs investigating further and we just have to keep an eye on her. i mentioned she was from a father/daughter breeding and that we would like her to have a litter before she was 'done'. he said that she was perfectly healthy and showed no signs that it would be ok as long it was for 1 litter only and we should use her as a breeding bitch (nice way to put it lol) we didnt get her for that anyway, she was bought as a family pet xx thank you to everyone for their kind words, no doubt ill be back with questions as she gets older lol xx
foxy.lee
foxy.lee
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nikita
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Nakita is fine :) Empty Re: Nakita is fine :)

Post by janey Fri May 13 2011, 13:15

You must be very relieved! Great news and thanks for the update Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 14:12

Glad she's ok.

Just wondered why you want to breed from her, though? Especially as her own parents are so heavily in-bred?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 14:14

Why do you wish to breed her before she is done? Its not like they need a litter to grow up/mature, perhaps a season or two, just remember to do all these tests again, as having pups can really take its tole on the mother, I hope your prepared for everything that can go wrong, and please don't breed her on her first season her second maybe.
Think about around 8 pups and finding good caring homes for them all.

I had a brother and sister mating accident and i have their pup i would never breed from their pup there is to much risk involved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 15:58

I'm glad she is ok! I am concerned as everyone else about you breeding her, though. She doesn't need puppies to be a happy healthy family pet! With her inbreeding, I would certainly not breed her as the puppies could have a whole host of unexpected problems! She could still even have some unexpected problems along the road. I would really reconsider.

Back to top Go down

Post by foxy.lee Fri May 13 2011, 16:35

i was told that its best to let female's have 1 litter to settle her before she gets neutered. thats why i was going to let her have 1. if she doesnt need to have a litter then i wont let her as i am also worried about the health of the pups. xxx
foxy.lee
foxy.lee

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 17:02

No she doesn't need to have a litter before getting her done, just let her have a season or 2 like said above and then get her done and she will be fine!

Back to top Go down

Post by foxy.lee Fri May 13 2011, 17:06

ah right.... good. thank you i didnt want her to go through anythinig she didnt need too Smile
foxy.lee
foxy.lee

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri May 13 2011, 17:11

It would be silly to breed her with her close genetics. Think of the worry you just had thinking something was wrong with her, now imagine the same thing but with 6 more puppies! Having a litter from a dog so heavily inbred is asking for problems in my opinion, as others said on the previous post a brother/sister mating doubles the risk of the dog developing problems which otherwise may go unnoticed in it's genetics. I believe a father daughter mating would have about the same amount of risk. Not worth it IMO.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 18:38

When Cassie got pregnant with Taz's pups (Cassie brother) I was going crazy with worry I folked out for xrays 120pound for one slid i needed three to fit her whole abdomin in, they had to check for birth defects such as missing limbs/twisted spines/ Also had an ultra scan to check organs were in order. luckiy everything was in order.
When their daughter came into season Blondy the thoght of her having a litter sent shivers down my spine.
But yes 1-2 seasons and then having her spayed would be great and perfectly fine for her to mature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down