my staffy attacked my boxer help needed

2 posters

Go down

my staffy attacked my boxer help needed Empty my staffy attacked my boxer help needed

Post by annmozie Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:21

hi all I am in desperate need of some advice on what to do about my staffy . we have an 8 half yr old female boxer and a 15 month female staffy . our staffy has always been a bit dominant towards our boxer by snapping , growling at her when she barks at people walking by the window or knocking at the door etc but things have took a nasty turn today when I took them both for a walk . we had been out for about 45 mins and were on our way home when my boxer spotted another dog and started barking , so I stopped until they had passed by and started to walk again when my staffy suddenly grabbed my boxer by the neck and pinned her down shaking her head violently I tried to get her off her but she just wouldn't let go of her throat and I had to ring my son to come and help . as soon as he came and shouted my staffies name she just let go . the whole thing has realky shook me up and my boxer has got 2 puncture wounds to her neck that have been checked and are ok . the problem is getting a lot worse as the day goes on so far as my staffy has attacked my boxer again because she barked at someone going by the window again . everytime my boxer barks or starts to grumble at something my staffy gets really aggressive towards her and I have to keep stopping her from going for her . please can someone help me I am absolutely terrified of another more serious attack happening . thanks

annmozie
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

my staffy attacked my boxer help needed Empty Re: my staffy attacked my boxer help needed

Post by Sazzle Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:33

Hi there, I'm afraid this isnt something I've experienced, all I can really say is don't leave them alone together, Has anything happened that could have upset your staffy?

I'm sure someone with advise will be along shortly
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

my staffy attacked my boxer help needed Empty Re: my staffy attacked my boxer help needed

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24 2013, 23:56

Hi & welcome to the forum.

First of all, try to keep them apart for the time being.

Secondly, are your girls spayed? Are both in good health?

Back to top Go down

my staffy attacked my boxer help needed Empty my staffy attacked my boxer help needed

Post by annmozie Mon Nov 25 2013, 15:32

hiya thank you for the replies the only thing that i can think of that may have unsettled my staffy is that we got another staffy pup about 6 weeks ago which she is fine with and mothers her and plays with her but she was'nt there the second time she attacked my boxer and my boxer is not nasty in any way to the new pup she just leaves them both alone to play and will just lie on the settee with us . and none have them have been spayed and are both in good health . i have only let them in the same room together whilst i am there to keep an eye on them .

annmozie

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25 2013, 16:48

Could one of them be coming into season? With the introduction of a new pup, plus the onset of a season, tempers could well fray.

Back to top Go down

Post by annmozie Tue Nov 26 2013, 00:28

I am not sure if abbie is due for a season but will will bear this in mind and keep an eye on them still . thank you

annmozie

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 01:32

I am so sorry that you are having difficulties with your boxer and your Staffy. Bitches living together can get "jealous" if one or the other is coming into season, so this is something to bear in mind.

I would like to ask though if your boxer has always habitually barked at people passing by, dogs passing by, any sounds etc and become "jumped up and alert"? ie "guard dog" behaviour? I have had Dobermanns in the past and they yelled their heads off at anything and everything, so I know what it's like!

Now I have a Staffy, and have noticed a difference. Staffies are not bred to be guard dogs, and in my admittedly limited experience he doesn't mouth off unnecessarily; his warning barks are reserved for things that seriously disturb him and I respect him for that.

I may be very wrong, but it occurs to me that when your boxer barks at all and sundry your staffie becomes worried and confused, can't understand what the problem is, and being very young in her fright and confusion (and perhaps over-excitability!) bites the "messenger".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26 2013, 21:57

You boxer barking is her saying "stay away from my pack" your staffy, being the dominant one, doesn't appreciate this. Work on your boxer not barking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down