How to stop jumping while trying to walk

Go down

How to stop jumping while trying to walk Empty How to stop jumping while trying to walk

Post by carebear5480 Sat Nov 09 2013, 21:10

How can I get Bella to stop her jumping while I am try to walk as I am scared to step on her as she gets under my feed Sad  I don't want to hurt her any help would be great thanks Smile
carebear5480
carebear5480
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 27/8/13 her date of birth
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

How to stop jumping while trying to walk Empty Re: How to stop jumping while trying to walk

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09 2013, 21:14

Aww she's beautiful in your avatar, have a read through this link for some tips. Smile

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/training_a_puppy_to_walk_on_a_lead

Back to top Go down

How to stop jumping while trying to walk Empty Re: How to stop jumping while trying to walk

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10 2013, 13:46

Try stopping and making her sit and watch you with a treat on the bridge of your nose, when she sits and watched you for a second give the treat. Start with a few steps and gradually increase length of time.
If she jumps then no treat. Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10 2013, 13:48

As Inez said, the treat method works very well a lot of the time. Smile You could also try alternating between treats and praise, so that she isn't going to expect a treat every time she sits down near you. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 10 2013, 13:51

Yes praise aswell, good point Eleanor Big Grin Tongues 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down