Jumping and nipping

3 posters

Go down

Jumping and nipping Empty Jumping and nipping

Post by Dexteroid Sat Sep 07 2013, 00:52

Hi all,

I'm desperate for advice , my 8 month old boy dexter is your usual busy playful attention seeking mut, he's always been an excessive nipping/ mouthing biter which we've try lots of tactics to stop but always failed , foolishly as a family we've lazyaly given up trying and kind of hoped hell grow out of it , however it's becoming a more serious problem as he just gets to over excited when other poeple come to my house or on walks I'm constantly having to warn poeple not to bend over to stroke him as hell jump up and snap( sometimes catching your ear or chin)......we've had him since he was approx 7weeks old as he was ceased by the RSPCA from a family for being under nourished and badly treated . He's never ever shown any form of aggression to human or animal and is very social/ playful....................how do I stop this behaviour please help !!!!

Dexteroid
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Jumping and nipping Empty Re: Jumping and nipping

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07 2013, 07:26

I think your best bet is back to basics, have a read through the link it will help, patience & persistence is the key Smile

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/stop_your_staffy_puppy_biting
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t20484-how-to-stop-your-staffie-jumping-up

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Sun Sep 08 2013, 12:19

The links Hayley has given above are fantastic, also it will take the persistence of all family members to be firm with training! Even with visitors, just let them know you are training and ask them to follow through with any words you are using to maintain the training, we have all been there and you will see great results! Smile
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by jade <3 Sun Sep 08 2013, 17:12

HI mate
Sounds quite bad for a dog hisage go back to the basics like what u did when he was little to stop him biting ihave a blue staff that is only 8 weeks but is very very smart already knows sit lay down fetch inside not out side cause isnt old enough paw and Is getting good at beg to but still bites we are when she bites yelping in a high pitched voice and the saying NO in a bossy term if he does it again we put her on the floor and ignore her stilly yelping and saying NO then if it done again we put her in another room for 2 minutes I would advise youcto put her in the hall because there is nothing that she will be interested in so will know she has done something wrong DONT you leave the room as it will make her feel she is the boss of u so hope I helped but if not you have just wasted your time but I hope it helps and he sounds like a lovely dog
Bye x

jade <3

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down