Indoor potty training?

Go down

Indoor potty training? Empty Indoor potty training?

Post by treywilkes Tue Mar 22 2011, 05:14

I recently bought a potty patch online, which is just a 30' by 30' space of astro turf for her to go potty on. I live in an apt so I do not have a yard to let her go out too so i bought a doggie door. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to train her to use it? Or how to even let her know what its made for, or how long it could possible take before she is going all by herself through the doggy door to use it? Thanks! Sorry for all the questions!!
treywilkes
treywilkes
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Indoor potty training? Empty Re: Indoor potty training?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 11:44

I've never used anything like that, but I have used a doggie door! (not me, personally, you understand - my dog!)

The door is easy - just get someone to stand on one side with some treats & someone to stand on the other side with the dog. Hold the door open & let the dog see the treat. Very soon they'll hop through. Do that a few times, but then hold the door half open so that they have to push it a little to get through. After a while they'll be hopping to & fro without any hesitation. The only problem we had with ours was the noise - Bandit used to go out at night & the door would make a helluva noise!

Back to top Go down

Post by treywilkes Wed Mar 23 2011, 01:24

ya that part was easy haha! now im having trouble actually getting her to go on the potty patch. i may try some of the scents they sell at petco but other than that im out of ideas
treywilkes
treywilkes

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 12:09

The only thing I can sugest is, when your pup has a wee somewhere rub a patch on it, and then place it outside. Maybe if the patch smells of wee, she might make the connection?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down