People ask why my staffies too small!!!!!

+3
Kathy
janey
Aly657
7 posters

Go down

People ask why my  staffies  too small!!!!!  Empty People ask why my staffies too small!!!!!

Post by Aly657 Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:18

need a little rant!!!! Over the last two weeks, I have been asked twice why my Stafford is too small!!!! What's wrong with him, and is he a runt!!! Manny is 16 inches to the shoulder, 11 months old and weighs 16 kilos, as far as I know, a perfect breed standard size, and it seems these days people expect staffys to be huge, leggy hunks, and if they see a pure bred example, they actually think its a badly bred one!!! things have really changed since I bred/ showed my old boy 15 years ago!!! Has anyone else encountered this???

Aly657
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

People ask why my  staffies  too small!!!!!  Empty Re: People ask why my staffies too small!!!!!

Post by janey Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:25

He sounds in great shape to me, love to see a photo! I always used to get told Moo was too skinny! Although she is a cross she is perfect in my eyes Xx

Moving your topic to staffy chat Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

People ask why my  staffies  too small!!!!!  Empty Re: People ask why my staffies too small!!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:26

Well, badly/irresponsibly bred Staffs are everywhere, as are crosses masquerading as pure Staffs, so I suppose people are more used to seeing the taller, thinner ones than the breed standard or short and stocky sort of Staffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:26

He sounds a nice size tbh. Pics would be good though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:28

It's also quite strange for people to say that tbh I just thought.

If Manny is 16 inches to the shoulders he is only 1 inch shorter than my fella, and everyone always says how huge Logan is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:34

Pics would be great Big Grin he sounds fine to me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:35

He sounds like a cracking fella, do you have any pics of him for us to see ?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:53

He sounds the perfect size.
My boy is one of the shortest staffys I've ever seen, most of the staffys I see have longer legs now...
Upload a picture of your boy so we can see Smile
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 13:01

sounds great to me... my boys just 1year old last week he is just over 17kilos but probably about 15 to the shoulder but his mum and dad are short and stocky and looked fantastic so dont think you got anything to worry about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 13:44

It is annoying isnt it! One of my best compliments was actually "im so happy to see a normal standard staffy not a pitbull on steroids"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 14:32

Tilly is only a diddy little thing and about 16kg though only a guess as going by her weight loss and she was about 18kg . Sounds like a good size to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 18:15

Sounds great to me! As others said though it's mainly crosses that are more commonly seen - you should upload some pictures for us to see Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat Apr 27 2013, 19:44

People are strange, they always think Katy is a cross they say she's too tall for a pure staff. She is 15 inch to the shoulder & was 17kgs last week when weighed & she's nearly 7 months. Would love to see some pics of Manny, sounds pure staff to me Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

People ask why my  staffies  too small!!!!!  B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Apr 27 2013, 20:19

Sounds fine and they're all different anyway, love to see pics Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly657 Sat Apr 27 2013, 20:27

I've no doubt at all that he's pure staffie, just annoys me when people comment when they don't even know what they are looking at, one woman even held his little face and said look at him, his heads tiny!!! (Which it isn't) unfortunately I was not there to witness this, as my son had him at motocross for the day!!!he said he just looked at her, when she said she had two staffies, both of which are pure bred, but no papers, as she was given the dogs!! My son just told her that I bought Manny for his size, as I knew what I was looking for, and the woman shut up!! Just very irritating.lese don't get me wrong, I've got no prob with bigger staffies, they do indeed come in diff shapes and sizes, but wish they would leave my little fella alone!!!

Aly657

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by ashy Wed May 01 2013, 01:13

Lol
They are all gorgeous. Bruce or baby brucey as my once paranoid mother in law NOW calls him is very leggy and quite slim at 7 months but in fantastic shape, unlike me! Lol
Little ozzy is around 13 weeks but is an absolute tank and I think is going to be very broad and shortlegged! Mother in law calls him oz boz baby boy! Good grief ! Lol

I suppose my point is who gives a monkeys ! We love them all the same cross breads included!
Ignore the comments and ignorance and enjoy the unconditional love we get from our best friends!Smile

ashy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bruce and ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks and 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male's and

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down