my boys is a bit fussy with his food

5 posters

Go down

my boys is a bit fussy with his food Empty my boys is a bit fussy with his food

Post by richyboy111 Sat Mar 05 2011, 22:38

hi all,im new here my names rich and i have a long leggy staff who is called blake and will be 2 in may,
problem is,is that hes very fussy when it comes to eating,ive been offering him dry food but he will not take it,only way i can get him to eat it is if i mix some wet food in with the dry food,(ive been mixing chub with wagg dry food)is this any good? i have gave him bakers before on its own and he seemed to like it but then became fussy again and just wouldnt eat unless i mixed it.....cheers my boys is a bit fussy with his food SP_A0344

Last edited by richyboy111 on Sat Mar 05 2011, 22:53; edited 2 times in total

richyboy111
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blake
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

my boys is a bit fussy with his food Empty Re: my boys is a bit fussy with his food

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 22:49

My lot wouldn't eat dry food either so i picked it up and made them go without till the next day and tried them the following day they still didn't eat so i done the same again and then they ate it, So should he adventually I can't afford my dogs to be fussy eaters so i wont settle for them being picky. I use complete dog food with webbox sausages about a quarter mixed into each of their food and the sausage goes like a paste and they love it.
absolutly stunning looking guy btw he gorgeous my lot are long legged too but their also mutts.

Back to top Go down

my boys is a bit fussy with his food Empty Re: my boys is a bit fussy with his food

Post by richyboy111 Sat Mar 05 2011, 22:52

cheers,i may have to try puttin his food on the table until the next day then and wait untill he gets hungry

richyboy111

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 05 2011, 23:02

If he likes a wet mix then stay on it. Mines on a dry wet mix, with extra rice and she is a stunner. Personally I don't rate the food he is on but if it works then that will be great. Have you tried changing it? A lot on here suggest raw which is a fab diet, I just haven't the time. Mine gets her feed morning and evening and loves it.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 05 2011, 23:04

P.s he is a stunner! Welcome to the forum
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by richyboy111 Sat Mar 05 2011, 23:13

thanks,i will have to do a bit of dog food shopping and just get little bags of foods to see what he likes best, i got made redundant so i had to buy cheaper dry food for him,but i have herd that wagg isn't to good, dose anyone know any good brand foods that are reasonably priced?

richyboy111

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 05 2011, 23:21

Kinda in the same boat. Moo had a really sensitive tum when I got her. Took a while but finaly found royal canin sensitivity control, but it costs a bomb. I now get it over the net which is way cheaper. Won't change it though cause it suits her. As long as the food fits then its better than nothing! I guess you pay for what you get, but you need to get him eating first!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 00:40

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I had a fussy eater, and it was a nightmare. How he ever got to be as big as he was I'll never know!

A dog will eat lamost anything if he's hungry enough. I know that sounds awful & cruel, but it's true. However, if he's doing well on a dry/wet mix, and he'll eat it that way then stick with it. I can't recommend any dry food because I feed raw, but there are others on here who might be able to.

Have a look at this topic, it may be of some help.......
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t598-dry-food-recommendations

Back to top Go down

Post by princesslou Sun Mar 06 2011, 01:01

My two were exactly the same, really fussy. We have had them on wainwrights for about 4 weeks now a mix of the dry puppy and meat together and they love it. Tysons skin seems to of cleared up too?
princesslou
princesslou

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Paris & Tyson
Dog Gender(s) : M/F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sun Mar 06 2011, 02:30

Can u try a dry food that also has meat pieces in it? i got my 2 a Pal one that has dry food & meaty chunks in it, they love it, mind you they love any sort of food especially Harley lol.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
my boys is a bit fussy with his food Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 08:50

billy was the same with dry, we tried hills and then spent a fortune on taste of the wild and he would not eat, so we changed to raw, and caryll offered loads of advice, we haven't looked back.

if you are near north london you can have the taste of the wild if you want to pick it up and try

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 09:57

P.S. Please don't give him Bakers again, it's full of additives that are not good for him & are only there to please human sight & sense of smell!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 11:16

Wagg is a low quailty food ie. theres not much good nutrients in it. If your on a "wagg price" buget then u will hard pressed to get a good food. Wainwrights is a good low cost food though if that helps x

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Mar 07 2011, 20:56

My kaiser was very fussy with food and i tried lots of food and he loves wainwrights which you get from pets at home his fav is the duck and rice one and he loves it i also give him boiled liver twice a week and chicken once a week and ive noticed a big difference since he has been enjoying his food. Welcome to the forum blake is a stunner Big Grin
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down