Since the trainer visited...

2 posters

Go down

Since the trainer visited... Empty Since the trainer visited...

Post by Kimb&MooMan Sat Feb 23 2013, 12:22

Max has changed,
He barely is listening
He's reaaaaallllly needy ( I don't mind it but its constant ) he doesn't settle I his bed anymore constantly wants to be with us
There are other things but vet and myself are putting that to him being ill.
But those above doesn't concern me much as I'm working on that what does concern me is
He's very food obsessed now, just 15 minutes ago he tried to take a bun out of OH hand, last night he tried to the a sausage roll out of my hand,
He goes into the kitchen sniffing the air like he's looking for food.
He never protects his food with us, I put my hand over his food bowl and he backs off and waits till I give the go.
He's definitely not starving, he's completely off the dry food now, I've got a freezer full off raw food for him, liver, kidneys, few heart, few bones, and chicken wings, hes still get some raw minced just not a full packet, i cut it in half and give him something else with it,getting him some pig trotters today, he gets an egg every couple of days and sometimes he'll get some sliced apple in his meal.

It's just really weird as he's been like this since the trainer came, I feel really sorry for my baby Sad
Sorry for the novel again guys and asking tons of stuff but you guys are really helpful and since being here I've read a lot and tried new things such as raw diet
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Since the trainer visited... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Little man
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Since the trainer visited... Empty Re: Since the trainer visited...

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23 2013, 13:02

It may not be the trainer.

How long has he been on raw now? It can take a while for them to settle fully. They don't need so much raw as they do dry & their stomachs have to get used to it. Give it another couple of weeks & it should settle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sun Feb 24 2013, 22:56

The only time any of my dogs have been like that was when the Vet gave them steroid tablets (prednisilone). It seems to make them ravenous.

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down