In need if some advice....

Go down

In need if some advice.... Empty In need if some advice....

Post by Roxy's 'mummy' Wed Feb 13 2013, 08:26

My litte Roxy is so so jealous!!

Every night without fail if me & my partner sit next to eachother on the sofa she goes crazy! Barking, crying then will jump in between and not move!

Last night my neice stayed over, she was falling asleep on my partner and Again Roxy was barking, crying, whining? So I got Roxy with me to give her fuss to try and help but didn't make a difference!

If I hold my niece she's not bothered! It's only when my partner gives someone else attention she's like this!

Is there any suggestions? As I say this happens every day!

Xx
Roxy's 'mummy'
Roxy's 'mummy'
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

In need if some advice.... Empty Re: In need if some advice....

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 09:08

This is my biggest problem with Logan too, from no age he has wanted to be with me all the time and doesn't like it when he isn't, i.e when others come to my house. The problem is about 95% cured now, although he does have his moments.

The way I cured it was by distracting his attention from me by making sure he had plenty of time consuming toys to keep him occupied. I also keep special high value toys in the cupboard for when people come over, then he is more interested in them. Try StagBars, filled Kongs and Logan's favourite...empty plastic bottle.

Also, if she start to whine/bark. Take a deep breath and ignore it (I know...it's hard) but if you stay calm and ignore it she will stop alot sooner as she is acheiving nothing by whining.

I made the situation worse in my house because when Logan would cry I'd pick him up because I thought it would help, but he just learnt "all I havta do is bark and he'll lift me up! I'll do this in the future!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13 2013, 09:40

Giving a fuss is the worst thing you can do in this situation.

When she behaves like this ignore her totally. If she jumps up stand up and turn away from her and still ignore (not even looking at her and no talking to eachother)

It will take a while but be consistent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down