Need some more advice

Go down

Need some more advice Empty Need some more advice

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 09:30

Hi all, only me again!!

As some of you are aware Alfie has just been nuetered. Before this he used to pee on newspaper in the kitchen. Ever since the op he has been peeing on the carpet even though paper has been down. This is very unusual, its like he has forgotten he needs to do it on paper. He does it at night when we are asleep so we arent around to stop him. Does anyone have any ideas why he is doing this?

Back to top Go down

Need some more advice Empty Re: Need some more advice

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 10:15

Was the paper just a precaution or were you struggling with the toilet training . Does he get out for a late night walk to toilet before you go to bed ?? Do you not have a garden ??
I'm ignoring the paper --> carpet at the moment as really he should be expected to be toilet trained at 10 months anyway and should have good bladder control
Have you had him back to the Vet to get everything checked out ok ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 12:11

Well the woman who had him before said he peed on paper (she never tried to toilet train him) weve had only had him a month, he will go outside and toilet when we are around but he wont hold it at night. He used to go on paper in the kitchen which wasnt so bad but he has been going on the carpet the past few days which i dont understand? I know its not his fault because he hasnt been toilet trained from a young age and doesnt know any better

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 12:36

If this has only started happening since his neutering, I'd not worry too much. If it's only overnight, could you get up once during the night to let him out? It could be that all his systems are upset by the operation & need to settle down again.

There could be some bruising to his urinary tract & he might be getting 'caught short', or he may have a mild UTI.

When do you go back to the vet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 13:16

hi caryll, thank you for the advice, I took him yesterday for his 3 day check and I am going back next Saturday, do you think it is worth mentioning?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 13:35

If there's no improvement by all means mention it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03 2013, 16:44

Hope you get some improvement soon but now you need to go back to basics with the toilet training by the sound of things and certainly get up through the night once or twice to let him out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06 2013, 09:37

Well there has been no improvement. Yesterday evening I was sat on the sofa and he peed right in front of me on the carpet! We took him to bed to see if this would stop himn from doing it in the night but before I could even get into bed he peed on the carpet in my room! I really dont understand why he has started to do this? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down